So Nathan is out of town this week...

Because that novel isn't going to delay itself
J. T. SHEA

Re: So Nathan is out of town this week...

Post by J. T. SHEA » July 2nd, 2010, 3:56 pm

'I'm not a perv. It's an obscure video game reference.' Of course we believe you, Margot, but that doesn't explain the yak, the vaseline, the soapy frogs, the bagpipe band, or the fountain pen...

Down the well, yeah, Melville was right. Let's have a whale of a time!

Curtis Brown is complaining about the noise, and the smoke, and the damages. Of course, he is 96.

Marshmallows? Marshmellows? Marshmelons, maybe? And where's that little handheld marshmelon heater/dispenser thingy they had in Star Trek twenty years ago? Send the monkeys out for one! Starfleet HQ is in San Francisco, isn't it?

Margo

Post by Margo » July 2nd, 2010, 4:22 pm

r louis scott wrote:*OOONTZ*

*OOONTZ*

*OOONTZ*

0_o
J. T. SHEA wrote:'I'm not a perv. It's an obscure video game reference.' Of course we believe you, Margot, but that doesn't explain the yak, the vaseline, the soapy frogs, the bagpipe band, or the fountain pen...

Okay, I'm a perv and it's a reference to an obscure video game.
Urban fantasy, epic fantasy, and hot Norse elves. http://margolerwill.blogspot.com/

dios4vida

Post by dios4vida » July 2nd, 2010, 4:30 pm

Okay Margo, I want to know what video game that is!

And did anyone see where the monkeys ran off to? I gave them $20 to get some pizza...
Brenda :)

Inspiration isn't about the muse. Inspiration is working until something clicks. ~Brandon Sanderson

r louis scott

Post by r louis scott » July 2nd, 2010, 4:55 pm

Margo wrote:
r louis scott wrote:*OOONTZ*

*OOONTZ*

*OOONTZ*

0_o

Okay, I'm a perv and it's a reference to an obscure video game.
*OOONTZ*

*OOONTZ*

*OOONTZ* is the written equivelent of blaring techno.

Margo

Post by Margo » July 2nd, 2010, 6:20 pm

dios4vida wrote:Okay Margo, I want to know what video game that is!

And did anyone see where the monkeys ran off to? I gave them $20 to get some pizza...
It was the Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy, and it was an entirely text-based game -- no pictures whatsoever, let alone moving ones. Way way way back in the 1980's.

I don't know about your monkey pizza gopher, but I did find this crumpled pizza box with one piece of pizza left. It's got a lot of monkey hair on it, though.
r louis scott wrote:*OOONTZ* is the written equivelent of blaring techno.
Oh, cool. Anyone have any glow-in-the-dark body paint? You can't dance right to techno unless you're glowing.
Urban fantasy, epic fantasy, and hot Norse elves. http://margolerwill.blogspot.com/

Quill

Post by Quill » July 2nd, 2010, 8:30 pm

dios4vida wrote:And did anyone see where the monkeys ran off to? I gave them $20 to get some pizza...
Hey! I gave them $20, too!
Margo wrote:I don't know about your monkey pizza gopher, but I did find this crumpled pizza box with one piece of pizza left. It's got a lot of monkey hair on it, though.
Dibs!!

dios4vida

Post by dios4vida » July 2nd, 2010, 8:55 pm

Okay, I ran into one of the monkeys over by the bonfire but all they have to show for our money are three tickets to an Elvis impersonator concert and a toilet plunger. What's with those monkeys, anyway?
Brenda :)

Inspiration isn't about the muse. Inspiration is working until something clicks. ~Brandon Sanderson

Heather B

Post by Heather B » July 3rd, 2010, 4:32 am

dios4vida wrote:Okay, I ran into one of the monkeys over by the bonfire but all they have to show for our money are three tickets to an Elvis impersonator concert and a toilet plunger. What's with those monkeys, anyway?
They're Nathan's - do you have to ask?
Journey to the Cuckoo's Nest

http://heathermbryant.blogspot.com.au/

Claudie

Post by Claudie » July 3rd, 2010, 10:25 am

Wait wait wait... are you saying Nathan had spies here all along? We have to find the monkeys!
"I do not think there is any thrill [...] like that felt by the inventor as he sees some creation of the brain unfolding to success... Such emotions make a man forget food, sleep, friends, love, everything." -- Nikola Tesla

Down the well

Post by Down the well » July 3rd, 2010, 12:47 pm

Well, the cop finally finished pitching his novel. It's actually a thinly veiled existential treatise on the plight of primates in urban environments. I told him he could make it more high-concept if he turned the monkeys into zombies or something. Anyway, the guy's a genius. I suggested he send the full to Nathan the second he's done with the first draft.

OONTZ*

OONTZ*

OONTZ*

OONTZ*

J. T. SHEA

Post by J. T. SHEA » July 3rd, 2010, 9:12 pm

Zombie monkeys!? Yes! And Ninja space cats! But could that toilet plunger really be a Trafalmadorian looking for something to read? If so, give him the cop's manuscript!

Nathan Bransford

Post by Nathan Bransford » July 4th, 2010, 2:06 pm

So... just got back into town only to find books strewn about, empty pizza boxes on the table, beat poetry scribbled on a napkin, and bagpipes in the corner.

Looks like I missed a great party!!

Tycoon

Post by Tycoon » July 4th, 2010, 2:13 pm

Nathan Bransford wrote:So... just got back into town only to find books strewn about, empty pizza boxes on the table, beat poetry scribbled on a napkin, and bagpipes in the corner.

Looks like I missed a great party!!
Hey, if you find my saddle and my set of jumper cables can you wash them before you return them to me? Thanks!!!

Mira

Post by Mira » July 4th, 2010, 2:30 pm

Oh Nathan! You're back! Sorry, we didn't expect you so soon. We're still sleeping it off. We'll clean up the place.

That's what the bagpipes are for. They're MAGIC bagpipes. You blow once and everything goes into it's proper place, exactly where it should be.

They're for you. The band and the monkeys left them to thank you for an awesome party!

(Tycoon, the jumper cables are in my car. You can wash them your own darn self. No one else should get near those things.)

J. T. SHEA

Post by J. T. SHEA » July 4th, 2010, 6:54 pm

Tycoon, Mira, I just borrowed the jumper cables to start my monster during the next lightning storm. He's not quite finished yet. Anybody got a left leg to spare?

Nathan, that's my laundry list scribbled on the napkin. Of course, it has neither rhyme nor reason, just like beat poetry!