So Nathan is out of town this week...

Because that novel isn't going to delay itself
Margo

Re: So Nathan is out of town this week...

Post by Margo » June 29th, 2010, 8:23 pm

Heather B wrote:(*now he's gone, we can go crazy with the rhetorical questions) *Evil laugh*.
You know it! I'm going to write a bunch of queries that start with some pithy statement of universal wisdom relating to my fiction novel...if I can find the monkey that ran away with Nathan's keyboard.
Down the well wrote:Er...I traded the monkeys for a corndog, and now some guy in silver is eyeing me real hungry-like.
If you intend on going joyriding, you so better take me with you. I never get to break the universe.
Last edited by Margo on June 29th, 2010, 8:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Urban fantasy, epic fantasy, and hot Norse elves. http://margolerwill.blogspot.com/

Claudie

Post by Claudie » June 29th, 2010, 8:56 pm

Waaaiit, if you break the universe now, we'll never get the mud wrestling. That would be so sad.
"I do not think there is any thrill [...] like that felt by the inventor as he sees some creation of the brain unfolding to success... Such emotions make a man forget food, sleep, friends, love, everything." -- Nikola Tesla

Mira

Post by Mira » June 29th, 2010, 11:14 pm

I agree with Claudie. Let's hold off on breaking the universe until after the mud wrestling and the beat poetry exhibition. After hearing beat poetry for 3 hours, most of us will want the universe to swallow us up anyway, so it's all to the good.

Speaking of which, the guys from the bagpipe band are here. Where should I put them?

Holly

Post by Holly » June 30th, 2010, 7:21 am

I'm here. I dragged my dog off the couch and we're here. I agree, the orange on this site has got to go. Seafoam green with flying puppies!

r louis scott

Post by r louis scott » June 30th, 2010, 3:21 pm

Well, you guys aren't such sticks in the mud after all. I take back all of the things I was thinking about you except for the guy that traded away the monkeys.

Now who wants to dance?

*jumps up on coffee table*

Mira

Post by Mira » July 1st, 2010, 12:55 am

Sticks in the mud? On Nathan's forum? Not possible. By definition.

I'll dance with you R.L. I've always wanted to tango on a coffee table. Of course, I need a rose between my teeth to tango properly...but if there is no rose, I'll take a corndog instead.

Down the well

Post by Down the well » July 1st, 2010, 10:09 am

I tossed the place and still couldn't find any ARCs, but I did find this gem of a novel on one of the bookshelves. I don't know if it's all the brandy and cigar smoke fuzzing my head, but I tore out the bottom half of one of its pages and pinned it to the door for when Nathan gets back. I have a feeling there's going to be one serious GIANT SPACE KAPOW for all of us when he opens the door and sees the mess we've made.

"However, a good laugh is a mighty good thing, and rather too scarce a good thing; the more's the pity. So, if any one man, in his own proper person, afford stuff for a good joke to anybody, let him not be backward, but let him cheerfully allow himself to spend and be spent in that way. And the man that has anything bountifully laughable about him, be sure there is more in that man than you perhaps think for."

- Herman Melville, Moby Dick

(Damn, I gotta get those monkeys back)

Quill

Post by Quill » July 1st, 2010, 10:39 am

Think I'm overdosing on bagpipe music. How can you guys dance to that stuff.

Otherwise, good times, good times.

Margo

Post by Margo » July 1st, 2010, 10:45 am

Down the well wrote:(Damn, I gotta get those monkeys back)
Totally, 'cuz I wanted to enter one of the monkeys in the beat poetry contest.

Mira, I can't find roses. Here, just use this limited edition Mont Blanc fountain pen I found in a glass case on Nathan's desk. I'm sure he won't mind some teeth marks. All pens have teeth marks, right? Oh, you guys need real music!

Anyone seen a stereo? What shall it be? Nine Inch Nails - The Hand that Feeds You? Timbaland - Carry Out? Joan Jett - Bad Reputation? Green Day - American Idiot? Does the volume knob stop an 10? So sad... Oh, watch it, guys; your drinks are vibrating off the table. <shouting> I said your drinks are vibrating off the table. We don't want any party fouls.

Anyone know how to play beer pong? This antique desk over here is just the right size...
Urban fantasy, epic fantasy, and hot Norse elves. http://margolerwill.blogspot.com/

Mira

Post by Mira » July 1st, 2010, 11:56 am

Okay guys, there's a collection cup in the corner to replace the antique desk and the limited edition Mont Blanc fountain pen. Guess I bit down too hard. Dig deep - a dollar doesn't go as far as it used to.

Quill and I piled what's left of the desk and coffee table in the corner. We figured a bonfire is the obvious thing to do at this point. Once Heather and Holly get back with the marshmallows, things'll get cookin'.

Oh - Margo, this policeman showed up because the vibrations from the noise are loosening the foundation. Don't worry, once he found out Nathan was a literary agent, he started to tell Down the Well all about his WIP. He's pitching him now in the corner.

PAAAARTY!

Heather B

Post by Heather B » July 2nd, 2010, 4:39 am

Unlucky Down the well, I'll bet it's a moving literary, young adault/adult mystery fiction with a twist of horror. And comedy. Good luck with that.

So, marshmallows are here, bonfire is started... wait. Did Nathan's books just catch fire? Crap. Good thing 'Bad Reputation' is playing...
Journey to the Cuckoo's Nest

http://heathermbryant.blogspot.com.au/

Mira

Post by Mira » July 2nd, 2010, 10:16 am

Hmmm. In retrospect maybe a bonfire wasn't the best idea....Awesome marshmellows though.

So......looking around, I would hazard a guess that the building being on fire, with Nathan due back in three days, is a CRISIS point.

Oh no! What's going to happen now? How will this seemingly impossible situation be resolved?? What should we do????

Does anyone even know what genre we're in????

Quill

Post by Quill » July 2nd, 2010, 10:30 am

Mira wrote:
Does anyone even know what genre we're in????
Middle Grade dystopian from the looks of it.

Keep those buckets of water coming!

Margo

Post by Margo » July 2nd, 2010, 11:07 am

Mira wrote:So......looking around, I would hazard a guess that the building being on fire, with Nathan due back in three days, is a CRISIS point.
Three days? That's plenty of time. I was planning on waiting until 20 minutes before he was due back to borrow that cleany thingamajig from the Cat in the Hat. Until then, I'm still channeling the spirits of Thing 1 and Thing 2.

BTW, I saw a fire extinguisher in the hallway. Just wait until I finish this last smore...

r louis scott

Post by r louis scott » July 2nd, 2010, 2:58 pm

*OOONTZ*

*OOONTZ*

*OOONTZ*

*OOONTZ*

*OOONTZ*

*OOONTZ*

*OOONTZ*

*OOONTZ*