Google Buzz

Because that novel isn't going to delay itself
Nathan Bransford

Google Buzz

Post by Nathan Bransford » May 24th, 2010, 5:17 pm

Is anyone using this? I switched it off because I found it so annoying, is anyone enjoying their experiences with it and have they worked out the kinks?

FK7

Re: Google Buzz

Post by FK7 » May 24th, 2010, 11:54 pm

My best friend's brother works for Google, they're apparently having a major revamp about it... they received many complaints!

charlotte49ers

Post by charlotte49ers » May 25th, 2010, 1:34 pm

What is it?

mmcdonald64

Post by mmcdonald64 » May 25th, 2010, 4:38 pm

So, after reading the post yesterday, I checked my google buzz. I even edited it to have my Twitter linked...I think. I can't see that anything is different today. I have no idea what Google buzz is all about. There's a video to watch that I guess would show me more, but if it's so complicated I need an instruction video, I don't think I want to deal with the hassle.

Regan Leigh

Post by Regan Leigh » May 25th, 2010, 7:44 pm

I'm totally ignoring mine, too. Almost all my friends have turned theirs off because of the same annoyance.

OtherLisa

Post by OtherLisa » May 26th, 2010, 2:35 am

I read there were serious privacy concerns with Google Buzz and completely turned mine off before it buzzed anything (because I guess once the buzzes are out there you can't get rid of them). I guess I don't see what you gain with it in any case.

Mark

Post by Mark » May 26th, 2010, 11:36 am

I've had it on since the launch. The only real privacy issue was the potential to display email addresses to people who follow your buzz. They turned Buzz on with everyone opted into the program rather than suggesting they sign up for it. This was corrected in something like 36 hours, and they made it easier to hide your Buzz contacts list. The privacy concerns were absolutely nothing when compared with what Facebook does to your "private" data.

My Buzz feed gets a few updates here and there, but typically I see those updates on Twitter, flickr or other sources like Facebook. Almost no one I know ever directly updates Buzz.

Think of it as Twitter, but only for people who have gmail accounts and not publicly readable. Anyone who might use Buzz, is probably only redirecting their Twitter feed there. You can't even tie a website into it, unless it's a Blogger account.

There's really nothing special or unique about it.