What writing disorder do you suffer from?

Because that novel isn't going to delay itself
wildheart

Re: What writing disorder do you suffer from?

Post by wildheart » April 15th, 2010, 3:00 am

aspiring_x wrote:
wildheart wrote:
I enjoy all sorts of fiction. What is the book about?
A little girl and her family move into a mysterious great aunt's old house, and she finds a book called the book of story beginnings... in the first page of the book there's a warning that reads :
"Beware, you writers who write within;
Be mindful of stoires that you begin;
for every story that has a beginning
May have a middle and an end.
Know this, too, before yo write:
Though day must always lead to night,
Not all beginnings make good tales;
some succeed, while others fail.
let this book its judgment lend
Onwhether and how your beginning ends."
And there are several little story beginnings in it, in different ancient handwritings. The little girl reads them, and when she comes to the last one, it's written by the great aunt's brother who mysteriously dissappeared when he was a kid... then the little girl decided to write down one of her story ideas, but the book takes itself over on what happens next.
We aren't all that far into it, but that's how far we are, and my kids adore it. I have to admit, I think it's good too, but I don't think I'll ever outgrow MG.

I don't usually read MG but that actually sounds quite interesting. I haven't read any book like that before.
http://wildheart90.blogspot.com/
A mother. A writer. A dreamer.

eringayles

Post by eringayles » April 15th, 2010, 10:39 pm

You lot are really scary! You're all mentally tarnished! I don't think i'll associate with you anymore - you could all be dormant serial killers!
But I'll be safe - after all, God can't die, hey.

aleeza876

Post by aleeza876 » May 3rd, 2010, 4:39 pm

im not sure if this actually a real disorder: Shiny New Idea Syndrome. its a syndrome, you can see, but what the heck.
i get almost an idea a MONTH! and then most of them just get old on the computer... ah, well, i still try.
i also suffer from 'i'll never ever ever be an author, WHO AM I KIDDING!?', or in easier terms: low self-belief.
I write to escape reality, to escape the stifling heat of Karachi, to actually spend time with a nice, respectful, and essentially swoon-worthy teenage blonde guy. I write to escape a contary reality.

karenbb

Post by karenbb » May 4th, 2010, 1:43 pm

I get printer's remorse. I'm happy with the MS, after the 50th top-to-bottom revision, and I print it out only to discover it's so much less polished on paper than it is on the screen. How does that happen?

aleeza876

Post by aleeza876 » May 4th, 2010, 4:37 pm

karenbb wrote:I get printer's remorse. I'm happy with the MS, after the 50th top-to-bottom revision, and I print it out only to discover it's so much less polished on paper than it is on the screen. How does that happen?
Hmm, never heard of that one. I sort of get the opposite, I stare at the pages and just sort of get excited. haha.
I write to escape reality, to escape the stifling heat of Karachi, to actually spend time with a nice, respectful, and essentially swoon-worthy teenage blonde guy. I write to escape a contary reality.