CALL FOR ENTRIES: Humor writers

News, trends, and the future of publishing
Vegas Linda Lou

CALL FOR ENTRIES: Humor writers

Post by Vegas Linda Lou » May 2nd, 2010, 11:19 am

(I hope it's okay that I'm posting this here.)

I’m putting together an anthology with the working title How Am I Normal? This project will be a humorous collection of first-person accounts of surviving a crazy childhood or family life and somehow managing to turn out just fine. No mean-spirited rants or depressing tales, please. Tell us about eccentric parents, unusual living situations, and quirky circumstances that somehow helped mold you into the whack job, I mean well-balanced person you are today. Think Chicken Soup but ironic, hip, and edgy.

First-time authors are encouraged to submit. There’s no entry fee or any other costs to authors. Deadline is 8/1/10. For full submission guidelines, go to http://www.agingnymphsmedia.com. Spread the word--this will be fun!
Linda Lou
Author, Bastard Husband: A Love Story
http://www.vegaslindalou.com

Mira

Re: CALL FOR ENTRIES: Humor writers

Post by Mira » May 4th, 2010, 1:08 pm

Linda - that's very cool.

Once school is over, I'll see if my muse comes up with anything to submit. I don't know. I had a crazy childhood, but I'm still quite irritated by the whole thing, and as for turning out okay, well, that's a matter of debate.

But I might be able to do something with that. :)

mmcdonald64

Post by mmcdonald64 » May 5th, 2010, 6:16 pm

Does it have to be about me? All the weird stuff happened to my sister. I have lots of stories about her.

gonzo2802

Post by gonzo2802 » May 6th, 2010, 5:30 pm

Mary, as long as you can write it in first person I'm thinking you should probably be good to go!

This is a pretty neat idea. I'll have to see if I can come up with an entry.