Twitter writing #hashtags?

Because that novel isn't going to delay itself
MoiraYoung

Twitter writing #hashtags?

Post by MoiraYoung » April 21st, 2010, 5:22 pm

I'm relatively new to Twitter and still learning the fine art of #hashtags. Just out of curiosity, what are the most common writing-related hashtags that you use?

I use #amwriting, #editing, and (with one other person) occasionally #buttinchair.

gonzo2802

Re: Twitter writing #hashtags?

Post by gonzo2802 » April 21st, 2010, 6:42 pm

You know, I twitter all the time ... and I don't think I've ever hash tagged any of my writing tweets.

Guess that isn't much help, but now I'm curious to know what others use.

Regan Leigh

Re: Twitter writing #hashtags?

Post by Regan Leigh » April 22nd, 2010, 9:56 pm

I use #amwriting and #amediting for checking in with others that are working.

There is #askintern where you can ask an agent's intern questions. Then there are plenty of writing related hash tags where people chat about different topics at designated times. I started #querychat where we have a peer led chat about queries and offer help to each other. - http://www.reganleigh.com/?p=1257 -Follow @querychat for more details.

I know of #askagent where agents will pop in for a scheduled time and answer questions on pretty much anything BESIDES queries. (Why I started #querychat. ;)) Then there is also #yalitchat. OH, and I used to love to join in on #wipfire! :) They pick certain hours, usually at the top of the hour, to throw out a couple of lines from what they've just written for feedback or just to share. (I'll mention #teamlazywriters - http://www.reganleigh.com/?page_id=932 - too because I started that one. It's basically a motivation for writers to get off their butt and exercise more. ;))

I also know of, but haven't participated in #storystarters, #flashfiction, #pubtip, and #scribechat.

Hope those help!