Lost - Possible Spoilers!

Because that novel isn't going to delay itself
Robin

Re: Lost - Possible Spoilers!

Post by Robin » April 14th, 2010, 12:38 am

Josin wrote:ROFL! Who else saw Ilana blowing up a mile away? Someone should have told Miss Mercenary that you can't play hot potato with weeping dynamite.
LOL!! I was thinking, "wait for it. wait for it...." She had "goner" written all over her face.
Robin
"A glass slipper is only a shoe. Dreamers who only dream never have their dreams come true."

http://www.RobynLucas.com/

Robin

Post by Robin » April 14th, 2010, 12:44 am

Josin wrote:My one area of question is with Michael's "ghost". That's the only time I remember Hurley hearing the whispers before one of the apparitions showed up - they're usually an auditory cue for the "Others", and Ben was wary enough of them to warn Rousseau to run the other way if she heard them when he took Alex. I'm not certain that Michael was Michael..
I think it was Micheal. He was blown up when the ship exploded, right?

I loved the Hurley part. He gives the show heart.

As far as the candidate- I'm thinking its probably going to be Jack. The ending looked like a set up for a major Jack/ Smoke monster smack down.
Robin
"A glass slipper is only a shoe. Dreamers who only dream never have their dreams come true."

http://www.RobynLucas.com/

Josin

Post by Josin » April 14th, 2010, 1:22 am

Robin wrote:
Josin wrote:My one area of question is with Michael's "ghost". That's the only time I remember Hurley hearing the whispers before one of the apparitions showed up - they're usually an auditory cue for the "Others", and Ben was wary enough of them to warn Rousseau to run the other way if she heard them when he took Alex. I'm not certain that Michael was Michael..
I think it was Micheal. He was blown up when the ship exploded, right?

I loved the Hurley part. He gives the show heart.

As far as the candidate- I'm thinking its probably going to be Jack. The ending looked like a set up for a major Jack/ Smoke monster smack down.
Meh. I hope it's not Jack. Jack's too obvious a choice.

One thing about Jack that I want answered concerns his father. Christian is one of the few constants between all 3 plane rides that flew over the island. His dead body was on the original 815. His shoes were on Dead Locke's feet when Ajira went over. And his body was supposedly on 815 in sideways world. There was a moment of recognition for Jack when the plane went over the sunken island, like he felt a twinge or ripple. I'm wondering if perhaps Christian's body isn't on the underwater island and that's why the airline couldn't find it when the plane landed. If maybe that "moment" was a small event that took Christian's body from the plane to the island like Kate, Jack and & Hurley were pulled off Ajira.

The Christian that Locke saw in the donkey wheel room (who I think most people assume was Smokey) told Lock to "say hi" to his son. Locke's question of who his son was got cut off. Smokey had no reason to claim to be Jack's father - or to tell Locke that's who he was impersonating at the last moment. I think Christian is either one of the "real" ghosts on the island, or some other entity acting on his own. He helped Jack out at first when they were looking for water and shelter, but he was also the one who took Claire into the woods - BOTH his kids were/are candidates. There has to be a reason.

Also, the Christian Shepherd who Michael saw when he was obliterated by the C-4 didn't seem like Smokey at all. The whole "you can go now" would have been out of character for Smokey.

Christian is someone on the island. The only question at this point is who.

On another point:

Desmond hitting Locke most likely has a practical explanation. They're giving Locke a chance to walk in sideways world. No explanation was given for his paralysis other than knowing that it wasn't caused by a multi-story fall from a window. He was twitching pretty good on the ground there, and dancing at his own wedding would fit pretty well into the whole "getting your wish" scenario that's playing out - especially since he'd given up on finding a surgical solution.

Steppe

Post by Steppe » April 15th, 2010, 5:47 am

Josin
Meh. I hope it's not Jack. Jack's too obvious a choice.
One thing about Jack that I want answered concerns his father.
Christian is one of the few constants between all 3 plane rides that flew over the island.

The flip side of that coin is Lapidus.
The wild card now becomes Dr. Chang & Lapidus.

Widmore and Lapidus own/control the only access points.
We don't know who else might be locked in that sub room.

Character action first; explanation follows:

Hugo has lied and taken decisive action on his own
without group conscience playing a part: He's "OUT"

Desmond love of Penny is the Desdemona/Ophelia/Euridice syndrome.
A man destroying himself to prove his love o a woman.
In modern vernacular/parlance "please excuse my french ladies."
The dude is pussy whooped and bent over for Widmore to lube his bunghole.
He is most definitely out.

Explanation: Bens insistence on a plan/will of ones own.
No will and you are without a "proper soul"

Lapidus and Chang who is off storeyline remain uncompromised
as decision makers. Jacob and all related players Christian Jack Clair
are out from previous "decoherence"

The island serves as a boundary between the infinitely small realm
and the infinitely large realm. It controls the flow of time and space
for the entire universe.

Smokey using "moral calculus" has in his mind a system of rationalization
that he has the same right to freedom as everyone else on the Island.
The characters are confusing Smokie/MIB's will/desires with The Islands.

The Island wants everyone off or dead period.
Smokie was the original protector of the smallest
to largest functions of The Islands will.

Christiam/Abraham, Goodspeed/Isaac, JacobJacob, Jack & Clair
have interfered with The Islands will to be considered an adult and be left alone.

Desmond knew by calling MIB by the name John Locke he could force
the dead Locke into the body. Locke tossed him in the well and he tried
to injure him in return as a simple balance equation.

MIB has a right to "Free Will".
Sayid turning Desmond over to MIB was
a direct "boy in the well
' parallel" to The Mahdi getting even with those
who tossed him into the well.

Movie title "The Ring" and its geometry conflict seems to be present now.
Someone must arrange his exit or enter the well to retrieve him.

MIB triumphs over Widmore because he is willing to imprison
a man yet to be judged of action other than stopping people
from gaining control of the Island.

MIB is The Island/Mothers son. He has to triumph over every being
who does not understand they must make decisions and live with them.
He has always had the power to "manifest" Early re-watching of the
show "implies" a very close relationship because of the boar hunting success.
When MIB gave his word he gave his knife also implying his word is "law."
'

Chang Lapidus and MIB must unite to find a solution.
Ben plays along, then Jack, then Hurley.
Jack, Sawyer, Kate get on board and the plan is to kill Widmore.
Elois returns as a final warning but dies with Widmore.
Her willingness to enslave her son to The Island the moral calculus used.

Some leave on the sub.
Some leave on the plane.
The Island flips them bird and disappears forever; or until it has another child-MIB.

Those are my best guesses.
Based on the idea The Island is a boundary system between states of being.
MIB the boundary inside the boundary humanizing the need to drive living people
back to the world of the living.

If the freedom of MIB destroys our universe we had it
coming to us by engaging in spiritual slavery.
MIB has a right to know the consequences of his actions
other wise he never had free will and could not choose bad or good;
productive or unproductive; wisdom or ignorance.

Walt and Young Kwon shall out vote Aaron Christians line and
join in the exodus from a world that creates paradise or prison
depending on the content of ones consciousness and the willingness
to judge outcomes.

MIB escapes The Island.
Their dirtying up his character now to fool people who
didn' understand he sold his soul four "Two Penny" to a man
who tortured him, kidnapped him and entered him into
a deadly circumstance (twin coil field)

My bet for resolution rest with
apidus Chang and MIB finding an exit strategy solution

Steppe

Post by Steppe » April 15th, 2010, 5:52 am

MIB escapes The Island.
Their dirtying up his character now to fool people who
didn' understand *** Desmond*** sold his soul four "Two Pennys" to a man
who tortured him, kidnapped him and entered him into
a deadly circumstance (twin coil field)

THB

Post by THB » April 16th, 2010, 11:38 am

Here it is, the definitive answer. I love this: "Volcanic Ash Cloud Turns Out to Be Finale of LOST" - http://www.borowitzreport.com/2010/04/1 ... e-of-lost/

Josin

Post by Josin » April 21st, 2010, 12:15 pm

I'm lazy today. I'm just going to cut and paste my blog post. :-P

Well, no big surprises last night, but I thought it was a solid episode. I liked it - for once I didn't end up wanting to smack Jack with a stick.

It was the little things about last night's episode that I loved:

* The moment with Sayid and Desmond where Desmond made him think about what Nadia would think of him if she did come back and found out what he'd done to get her back. It was a moment of brilliance on Desmond's part and a moment of clarity for Sayid - like the one a bit earlier when he let Zoe go without shooting her in the back. There's a bit of Sayid in there, still.

* Sun & Jin's reunion (yes, even that moment of "Wait! Have they turned the fence off yet???) I wasn't sure if I wanted them to do the run&hug or if I'd rather see them both smack into the sonic fence and get knocked cold on either side.

* Jack's revelation. It was a slightly different angle than voiced before. So much focus has been on the Smoke monster wanting to leave that skewing it a bit to say he just doesn't want them to stay is interesting. It's a subtle difference in motive, but as they say - the devil's in the details.

* I even liked the cyclical moment where Jack jumped off the boat and pulled himself out of the water to Dead-Locke's "Nice day for a swim." (Which mirrored Sawyer's jump from the chopper in season 4 when Juliet said the same thing.)

* And of course, Claire was pure gold. "He's going to be mad", indeed.

Go with your gut Jack, because when you go with your head, I want to beat you with things.

My only complaint is that they're still in "hurry up and tell us mode" with the point blank questions to answer a few things (naughty, naughty, Lost. You're telling, not showing... it's a friggin' visual medium! SHOW us!)

Only four left and then I shall be sad :-(

owlandsparrow

Post by owlandsparrow » April 21st, 2010, 1:37 pm

Josin: nicely put. I completely agree with everything you said.

Oh, so bittersweet, how we only have a few episodes left...but at least we'll know how it ends soon.

PS: It would have been all kinds of awesome if the fence was still on. I shall settle for that sweet hug, though. It's been a looong time coming.

Steppe

Post by Steppe » April 21st, 2010, 2:12 pm

I liked Sawyer's journey into being down on his knees again.

Good foreshadowing with the:
"What's with that Lapidus guy anyway; he looks like he just walked off the set of Burt Reynolds movie."
Smokey and The Bandit.

There was definitely that rushing around scrambling to an outcome feeling to the episode.
I liked; that Smokie knew Sayid was lying, but at least he made a decision theme exposition.
I did the "Whoa you two happy kids!! Don't get zapped by that damned sonic doggy fence" reaction too
when Jin and Sun were reuniting.

Nathan Bransford

Post by Nathan Bransford » April 21st, 2010, 4:15 pm

Oh man, I don't know about Sun and Jin's reunion. Was I the only one who cringed when she started talking and Lupitis said, "Looks like she got her voice back!"

Gah! If the writers went through the entire trouble of giving her aphasia and making her write on a notepad for three episodes just for that moment..... bad call, guys. Bad call. I think I would have preferred the sonic fence zapping.

owlandsparrow

Post by owlandsparrow » April 21st, 2010, 4:38 pm

Nathan Bransford wrote:Oh man, I don't know about Sun and Jin's reunion. Was I the only one who cringed when she started talking and Lupitis said, "Looks like she got her voice back!"
No, you're not alone. I cringed, too (as did my husband and the friend who watched with us). Also, it bugged me that Sun's written message to Locke-Monster said, "You did this to me," instead of "You did this to me."

Josin

Post by Josin » April 22nd, 2010, 7:45 am

owlandsparrow wrote:
Nathan Bransford wrote:Oh man, I don't know about Sun and Jin's reunion. Was I the only one who cringed when she started talking and Lupitis said, "Looks like she got her voice back!"
No, you're not alone. I cringed, too (as did my husband and the friend who watched with us). Also, it bugged me that Sun's written message to Locke-Monster said, "You did this to me," instead of "You did this to me."
I'm hoping that there will be some sort of pay-off to that in sideways world. We saw that Sideways Sun recognized Locke ("It's him! It's him!"), so what I'm hoping is that when Sideways Sawyer and Miles get there to question Sun and Jin about what happened with Keamy, Sun will start speaking English for no reason. The aphasia was nothing but a moment of bleed-over between the two realities like all those moments of recognition between the characters (like Claire knowing Aaron's name).

Avalon Ink

Post by Avalon Ink » April 22nd, 2010, 5:33 pm

I was sure that Jin's ears would start bleeding after their cute little hug-fest and the sonic fence would do him in. Kind of glad it didn't, though.

So... I'll just come out and say it.... My wife and I think Jack is D.E.A.D. Dead. That explosion killed him, and F-Locke brought him back to life like Sayid. I was leery, but there's just enough of a jump cut after he hits the sand, and the way Locke welcomes him is juuust creepy enough to convince me. Or are we grasping at straws?

Nathan Bransford

Post by Nathan Bransford » April 22nd, 2010, 5:58 pm

Josin wrote:
owlandsparrow wrote:
I'm hoping that there will be some sort of pay-off to that in sideways world. We saw that Sideways Sun recognized Locke ("It's him! It's him!"), so what I'm hoping is that when Sideways Sawyer and Miles get there to question Sun and Jin about what happened with Keamy, Sun will start speaking English for no reason. The aphasia was nothing but a moment of bleed-over between the two realities like all those moments of recognition between the characters (like Claire knowing Aaron's name).
I thought it might be bleed-over, but then, why could she understand and write in English? If her language ability flipped between the worlds it seems like she wouldn't be able to do that.

FK7

Post by FK7 » April 23rd, 2010, 4:35 pm

I remember when we were discussing which one was the final Cylon on BSG (other forum) and I thought to myself "Six could be a younger version of *you*know*who*" and some thought I was crazy... and I was half right! Woohoo!

So I shall share one of my crazy theories: the MIB is in fact a lost soul and it's Jacob that was twisted and evil... after all, he kept bringing people to the island to "prove him wrong", which was sure death for them.

I won't elaborate on the twist that could make it work, but we can't put anything past J.J. Abrams.