Rejection Stats

Submission protocol, query etiquette, and strategies that work
Sanderling

Re: Rejection Stats

Post by Sanderling » July 28th, 2012, 10:02 pm

I've found it reassuring reading through this thread and seeing how many others are still searching, a few dozen queries later. Also, the folks who sent many queries but did eventually find an agent. Here're my numbers to date:

Months querying so far: 5
Versions of query: 5 (that were sent out, anyway)
Queries sent: 65
Form rejections: 25
Closed/no response: 12
Partial requests: 1 (turned into full)
Full requests: 1
Rejections on full: 2
Open/no response yet: 29

And while I wait I've been working on a new novel, which might be ready to query in a month or two, too.
My blog / Twitter
"Because if you have at least a modicum of talent and if you live by these six rules, you will make it."
--Robert J. Sawyer, speaking here of Heinlein's Rules.

Graeme o'Winnipeg

Post by Graeme o'Winnipeg » July 30th, 2012, 10:29 am

I must update me previous post, as I just sold my first story (a novella) to a Canadian publisher last week. YAY!

LaurenNTaylor

Post by LaurenNTaylor » September 24th, 2012, 7:16 pm

Queries sent: 25
Form rejections: 6
Personal Rejections with feedback: 3
Closed/no response: (not sure)
Partial requests: 0
Full requests: 2
Rejections on full: 0
Open/no response yet: 10 or more

I have no idea if this is good or bad. The whole query thing doesn't really exist in Australia. These are my American stats. It's the waiting I can't stand. Now I have a full MS with an agent and a publisher at the same time but who knows how long that might take. I swear every time my inbox beeps my heart jumps into my throat. But then it's usually a facebook update or something!

cocohh

Post by cocohh » December 19th, 2017, 9:33 pm

"""Fifty years ago, three Italian snowmakers, ski champions and ski coaches had a deep friendship in outdoor life and skiing because of their common love for nature. They designed to moncler coats leap the polar mountain climbing ski down jacket, due to bold color, innovative design, so that the mask Christian Louboutin talon down jacket zapatos nike blazer blockbuster.

Mongolian mouth on the down with a strict selection rule: only use the neck to the chest and abdomen between chaussures nike the duck hair, soft and has a high water resistance, and lighter than the average mujer nike free run 2 down, thinner. In recent years, Mengkou and the international top brand cooperation of the nike kwazi action down jacket and a series polyvore girls sets of handbags show that it is the perfect blend of high-end brands, and the trend of brand cooperation nike air force 1 to Mongolia to find a broader world, especially for some bright colors, By more and more young people love, so that Mongolia has always stood in the fashion wave!

Mengkou China Mall as a Mongolian company in Asia launched the first online mall, is committed to the Chinese market to promote the Mongolian brand and high-quality Mongolian down jacket accessories and zapatos nike de mujer other products. Mongolian China Mall by the mouth of the Chinese company set up network sales department independent operation, 'respect, patience, smile, caring' service culture deeply rooted in the Internet, and launched the 'outdoor activities', more timely for customers To provide Let's moncler joint brand and product fashion information, so that Mongolia became a domestic and second tier cities fashion backbone.""

"