Prospect Agency

Submission protocol, query etiquette, and strategies that work
Netti

Prospect Agency

Post by Netti » April 3rd, 2011, 8:50 am

I've been trying to query Becca Stumpf at the Prospect Agency through their submission form but it keeps coming up as an error. I've tried it with three different browsers multiple times and get the same message. On the AbsoluteWrite forum I learned that a lot of other people are having the same problem and some people even emailed the agency about it but received no response. Anyone know what's going on? They don't accept email or snail mail queries so unless I can get the submission form to work I can't query them.
"It's kind of shocking to hear Toby called a babe; sort of like calling God a studmuffin."
- Margaret Atwood, Year of the Flood

http://myscientificattempt.blogspot.com/

Holly

Re: Prospect Agency

Post by Holly » April 3rd, 2011, 9:15 am

I would probably cross them off.

BUT if I really, really wanted to query them and had this problem, I would send them a regular letter or email and tell them about the submission problem, plus refer them to the website discussion where other people are having the same problem -- and then ask for their advice about how to submit. If I did this by email, I would put "Submission problem - error message" or something like that in the subject line. Bottom line, they're a business, this is a business problem, and they should take care of it if you contact them.

Edited: I didn't read above where you said someone emailed them about the problem and they didn't respond. I would email them myself, and if they didn't answer, would cross them off.

Netti

Re: Prospect Agency

Post by Netti » April 4th, 2011, 8:36 am

So today I figured I'd give it one last shot... and it went through! I won't lie, I was pretty shocked, but at least that's one more agent I was able to query.
"It's kind of shocking to hear Toby called a babe; sort of like calling God a studmuffin."
- Margaret Atwood, Year of the Flood

http://myscientificattempt.blogspot.com/