Too much for my poor little nerves

Submission protocol, query etiquette, and strategies that work
FK7

Too much for my poor little nerves

Post by FK7 » May 21st, 2010, 9:40 pm

I started querying on the 18th. Sent 9 letters so far. Got four form rejections already, including a 22min one from our favorite agent Nathan. I felt depressed for a good hour, but kept my head up. That was yesterday.

Today I got two requests for a full, one of them includes an agent who's in my "top 3 dream agents". I still have 3 queries out.

Add the Lost finale on Sunday, and my nerves are just too shaken. I'm losing my mind folks. My espresso machine is showing strain, it can't keep up with my needs.

Anyone think Yoga could help?

I'm thinking of calling Carrie Fisher and asking for advice :D

Robin

Re: Too much for my poor little nerves

Post by Robin » May 21st, 2010, 10:38 pm

LOL!!! Sending you a (((((((GREAT big hug!)))))))))

Congrats on the full!! That is amazing. I cannot wait to hear what happens.

Yoga- definitely.

LOST finale- sorry, can't help you there. We are in the same boat.
Robin
"A glass slipper is only a shoe. Dreamers who only dream never have their dreams come true."

http://www.RobynLucas.com/

JadePhoenix

Post by JadePhoenix » May 21st, 2010, 10:52 pm

Start on a second book idea that you're really excited about. I did and it really helped.

Krista G.

Post by Krista G. » May 21st, 2010, 11:25 pm

Congrats, FK7! And I second JadePhoenix - starting a new book makes all the difference (although you just barely started querying this one, it sounds like, so you can definitely give yourself a little time to recharge:) ).

Out of curiosity, what's the genre of the book you're querying?
Author of THE REGENERATED MAN (G.P. Putnam's Sons Books for Young Readers, Winter 2015)
Represented by Kate Schafer Testerman of kt literary
www.motherwrite.blogspot.com

FK7

Post by FK7 » May 21st, 2010, 11:29 pm

It's a philosophical sci-fi novel... might be science fantasy, it falls around those lines.

I guess I could start book #2 of the planned trilogy, beyond that, I have no room in my brain for another book universe ;)

Thanks for your advice and encouragements, you guys were the first I wanted to share the good news with!

Holly

Post by Holly » May 21st, 2010, 11:37 pm

FK7 wrote:It's a philosophical sci-fi novel... might be science fantasy, it falls around those lines.

I guess I could start book #2 of the planned trilogy, beyond that, I have no room in my brain for another book universe ;)

Thanks for your advice and encouragements, you guys were the first I wanted to share the good news with!
Hey, good for you! I've written a philosophical sci-fi/fantasy, too (I'm not ready to query yet, but should start later this year).

Congratulations on the full request. Start writing on something else and enjoy the day in front of you.

FK7

Post by FK7 » May 21st, 2010, 11:39 pm

Krista G. wrote:Congrats, FK7! And I second JadePhoenix - starting a new book makes all the difference (although you just barely started querying this one, it sounds like, so you can definitely give yourself a little time to recharge:) ).

Out of curiosity, what's the genre of the book you're querying?
It's funny because one of the agent who requested a full just did an interview for you very recently ;)

FK7

Post by FK7 » May 21st, 2010, 11:39 pm

Holly, that's really cool. If you're looking for a critique partner, hit me up with a PM!

kenpochick

Post by kenpochick » May 22nd, 2010, 9:52 am

I know exactly what you mean!!

I just got a no on a partial which bummed me out. I've got a full pending and I'm waiting on quite a few. Patience is not my thing. I've tried to distract myself by writing a new book. I'm querying a children's book and writing a young adult that I'm excited about.

Hang in there!

~Darcy

shadow

Post by shadow » June 7th, 2010, 8:07 pm

FK7 wrote:I started querying on the 18th. Sent 9 letters so far. Got four form rejections already, including a 22min one from our favorite agent Nathan. I felt depressed for a good hour, but kept my head up. That was yesterday.

Today I got two requests for a full, one of them includes an agent who's in my "top 3 dream agents". I still have 3 queries out.

Add the Lost finale on Sunday, and my nerves are just too shaken. I'm losing my mind folks. My espresso machine is showing strain, it can't keep up with my needs.

Anyone think Yoga could help?

I'm thinking of calling Carrie Fisher and asking for advice :D
Stop FK7. Seriously. I mean you got 2 requests for a full. Whoa there, thats already really good and don't worry about Nathan he rejected me to.
All things writing, visit my blog http://arielemerald.blogspot.com/

ImageImageImageImage

BlancheKing

Post by BlancheKing » June 8th, 2010, 5:34 am

W comes to w, do school work/work work. Two days ago, I was ready to quit when I realized how many rejections I've accumulated in the last few weeks... but then around the corner came finals week, and now I've got more urgent things to worry about than query rejections. ("Dear God, How about a trade? 10 rejections for 3 A's?")

You got your fulls dude, and you just started querying... and even if the agents pass on the fulls, you can always try again. Quality is quality, dude...
One manuscript, One dream, One stack of stamps that needs to be bought...
Writing Process: http://blancheking.blogspot.com/