How old are you?

Because that novel isn't going to delay itself
Evelyn

Re: How old are you?

Post by Evelyn » October 11th, 2010, 2:50 pm

I'm 46.

I've been writing as long as I remember; I wrote stories as a child on my Mom's old Royal typewriter, and then read them aloud to anyone who would listen. I filled my school notebooks with doodles and story outlines and stuff like character names and their family trees. I even was known to make up languages that my characters would speak in my future novels. One day in sixth grade I was working hard on a list of twenty verbs when my teacher stopped her lecture and said: "Evelyn, what are you mumbling about? Will you share it with the whole class, please?" Huh. Not fun.

Currently, I'm polishing and re-polishing my science fiction novel. I've been working on the book for three years. It's SO CLOSE to ready, I can feel myself chomping at the bit. I'm going to start sending out my queries in a week or two. I'm so excited.

Ev

sbs_mjc1

Post by sbs_mjc1 » October 20th, 2010, 6:13 pm

I (S.B.) am 22, wrote my first (totally crap) novel at 14.
Michael is 24, and wrote his first novel (our current project) at 23.
http://sb-writingtheother.blogspot.com/
FORGOTTEN GODS is out September 17th 2011! Check the blog for details.

sierramcconnell

Post by sierramcconnell » October 21st, 2010, 5:23 pm

I turned 29 in September. I feel old, despite people still asking what grade I'm in from time to time. It's become less frequent though, as I'm finally starting to show my age in a lot more silver hair and some age spots. Still no wrinkles though!

I love my silver hair. Wish it would all go silvery. :3

As for the second part of the question, I've been writing since I can remember, telling stories since I could speak. When I was three and someone asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up, I told them: "I want to be a refillable ink pen".
Last edited by sierramcconnell on October 21st, 2010, 5:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I'm on Tumblr!

The blog died...but so did I...and now I'm alive again! OMG.

D.T.Roberts

Post by D.T.Roberts » October 21st, 2010, 5:23 pm

I'm 48 I wrote a few songs in my 30's. This is my first attempt and anything longer that 16 lines.
It has been said that writing comes more easily if you have something to say.

SuCue

Post by SuCue » October 21st, 2010, 9:15 pm

I'm fifty, and have been writing professionally since I was 27. But nothing fictional until now.

Mariam Maarouf

Post by Mariam Maarouf » October 25th, 2010, 7:52 am

I'm 16, 17 in January when my first novel, ROSIE, will be released.
"It is perfectly okay to write garbage--as long as you edit brilliantly." - C. J. Cherryh

http://www.mariam-maarouf.info , http://www.mariamaarouf.blogspot.com , http://www.twitter.com/mariamaarouf

saraflower

Post by saraflower » October 29th, 2010, 3:13 pm

Pretty diverse age group here. I was surprised that so many are in their 20's. Cool. I also think it's interesting that most of us began writing as soon as we were able to.

I'm 28. Started writing and illustrating books at age 5. Did more day dreaming than writing as a teenager, but then I buckled down in my 20's and now I have three novels completed (They still need lots of revisions, but I still feel pretty accomplished) with two others in the works.

Guardian

Post by Guardian » October 30th, 2010, 5:21 pm

29 and will be 30... no... 29 again in January. I'm not going to be older. I've made an agreement with the higher powers. Bwahahaha! :)