Staddicts

Because that novel isn't going to delay itself
JustineDell

Re: Staddicts

Post by JustineDell » February 27th, 2010, 10:01 pm

YAY! Although, I fancy my obsession quite a bit. I need to lean how to cope with the mounds of bound notebooks hovering over my desk and my utter panic when I can't find my lucky red gel pen. :-) If I got stuck on stationary, I don't now how I would handle it. All that stuff it soooo pretty. Almost too pretty to use.

~JD

http://www.justine-dell.blogspot.com/

"Three things in life that, once gone, never return; Time, Words, & Opportunity"

dementedtinkerbell

Post by dementedtinkerbell » February 28th, 2010, 4:17 am

JustineDell wrote:YAY! Although, I fancy my obsession quite a bit. I need to learn how to cope with the mounds of bound notebooks hovering over my desk and my utter panic when I can't find my lucky red gel pen. :-) If I got stuck on stationary, I don't now how I would handle it. All that stuff it soooo pretty. Almost too pretty to use.

~JD
*snickers*

That's where I draw the line on stationary. I'll buy tons of stuff, but only if I know I will use it at some point. It would take something so blindingly awesome that I could not continue to exist without it, to buy something that I wouldn't use and just look at. After all, I like opening a new pad and seeing that crisp, white page staring at me, begging me to fill up the lines with whatever is in my head at that moment and then actually doing it. It makes it super awesome to buy the stationary that way. If I bought something I couldn't use, it would be pointless.

I've only ever done something like that once before (not with stationary) and at that point, when I realised that I'd broken my own rules, I immediately stopped buying all items related to the thing in question. It's fun to buy something cool and cheap, it's obsessive to buy something you will never use and just look at.

*cough*

Sorry about that, I didn't mean to go on so much xD
Me to my girl: You're grounded until you're dead
Her: You mean 'til you're dead right?
Me: No, I'll enforce it from beyond the grave
Her: *gulp*

JustineDell

Post by JustineDell » February 28th, 2010, 8:39 pm

HAHAHA *raises hand* Obessive...yeah - hee hee, that's me!

I'd be a pack rat with pretty stuff all around before you could blink.

~JD

http://www.justine-dell.blogspot.com/

"Three things in life that, once gone, never return; Time, Words, & Opportunity"

DeeJ

Post by DeeJ » October 22nd, 2013, 11:10 am

After years of searching I've finally found where I belong... but I feel I'm a little too late! I hope some of you Staddicts are still roaming these forums. :( :lol:

I'm currently having a parker pen obsession and find myself even forcing my obsession on my family (all of them will receive a beautiful parker pen set from Executive Pens Direct - good site btw!)