Appropriate Convention Costumes

Because that novel isn't going to delay itself
JohnDurvin

Appropriate Convention Costumes

Post by JohnDurvin » January 27th, 2013, 10:39 pm

I know it's not for a while, but my girlfriend and I will be going to DragonCon this year, and we definitely want to dress up somehow. Neither of us has any idea what to do, and I raised some weird suggestions that got shouted down as not being from the "right kind" of movies. Is that really a big deal? I figure, hey, these things have gotten pretty wide in scope; would it really be that weird to go in a costume of a character from a non-sci-fi/fantasy movie/tv show? "The Big Lebowski", for one, or maybe "Flight of the Conchords"? I don't think so, but I thought I'd ask you guys' opinion; this is one of the only forums I know of that wouldn't get a hundred responses along the lines of "nah bro thats dum you shud go as yorimoto-chan from Electric Romeo Tori its the besst anime ever lol".
Everybody loves using things as other things, right? Check out my blog at the Cromulent Bricoleur and see one hipster's approach to recycling, upcycling, and alterna-cycling (which is a word I just made up).