Anagrams of your name

Because that novel isn't going to delay itself
JohnDurvin

Anagrams of your name

Post by JohnDurvin » December 6th, 2012, 5:01 pm

So yeah...I'm a word dork. A few years ago, I sat down and tried to find all the words I could make out of the letters in my name; I didn't get many, but that's because my full name (John David Durvin) is only fifteen letters, three of them D's. I'm proudest of "hadji" and "Jovian"; the longest I can find is "android".
I know there's some more word nerds out there--anybody have better luck?
And in case you're curious, here's the full list:
Spoiler:
don Ovid druid urn I our ruin nor or in on hi ho din aid dad raid did nod had hun nun ion anion judo ah rah ha hard Dido jar hand and horn void hair road Odin dud Dao rio darn odd Onan rod a oh rad no hid undo add nova ronin Jonah vino rhino iron noir do Io d’oh Jah radii Rodan Ivan Rodin nadir Norad vain run ran rid Hindu Hindi diva rad van Honda avid ainu join dijon rain drain radon Dan radio Nair union junior an viva jihad jinn/djinn Jovian ninja duh divan arid id hadron druj ad rho Indian India noun Raiden around round hound android dour haj/hadj hadji Hourii avoid Indra dord
To illustrate how awful my name is for anagram games, please note that I just checked out my girlfriend's name, and in about a minute came up with "alchemist", "screech", "Heracles", "chimera", "treacle", "creamiest", "cheese", "hashish", "chemical"...
Everybody loves using things as other things, right? Check out my blog at the Cromulent Bricoleur and see one hipster's approach to recycling, upcycling, and alterna-cycling (which is a word I just made up).

Mira

Re: Anagrams of your name

Post by Mira » December 6th, 2012, 10:46 pm

Impressive list, John.

I got irma. That's the only word I can get from my name....I think.

WilyKit

Post by WilyKit » December 10th, 2012, 7:14 am

It's a waste of time and nothings going to happen from knowing our name's anagram.

Beethovenfan

Post by Beethovenfan » December 10th, 2012, 12:09 pm

WilyKit wrote:It's a waste of time and nothings going to happen from knowing our name's anagram.
Hmm, you know, your post didn't add anything positive to this forum. The people here are all respectful and pleasant, even when we disagree. If you don't like a post, you certainly don't have to comment on it. Just ignore it, or if you find that you simply cannot ignore, at least find some courteous way of imparting your thoughts.
"Don't only practice your art, but force your way into its secrets, for it and knowledge can raise men to the divine."
~ Ludwig van Beethoven

Beethovenfan

Post by Beethovenfan » December 10th, 2012, 12:19 pm

I'm lucky to have three vowels in my name (my first name only!) so I came up with quite a few.

shale, leash, hales, aisle, heals, seal, sale, sail, lies, leis, ales, ails, shea, lase, isle

When I add my last name, well the options are much more.

But here are my favorites:
smellier, schlemiel, measlier, slimier, hearse
"Don't only practice your art, but force your way into its secrets, for it and knowledge can raise men to the divine."
~ Ludwig van Beethoven

Amanda Elizabeth

Post by Amanda Elizabeth » December 10th, 2012, 6:11 pm

http://www.wordsmith.org/anagram/index.html

My First/Last legal name spells A LOT because I have three As, two Ms, D, S, U, E... Amanda Boyle(pen name) doesn't have a lot of "normal" words in it.

Shipple

Post by Shipple » December 15th, 2012, 7:49 pm

Oooo, now I think I"m going to start looking for a pen name that's an anagram. That sounds like fun. Although I'll probably stop when all I've come up with is Shara (from Sarah, of course) and my head's hurting.
"Mr and Mrs Dursley, of number four Privet Drive, were proud to say that they were perfectly normal, thank you very much." - J.K. Rowling (an awesome opening line)
Me: http://sarahhipple.blogspot.com/ and http://shipple.tumblr.com/

abc

Post by abc » December 31st, 2012, 4:09 pm

I can't do it! I'm a failure at anagrams! Also, I didn't try very hard. Anyone else want to? First name is ALISON.

SunnyE

Post by SunnyE » January 26th, 2013, 3:32 pm

sun, nun, nuns... yeah, I think that's it.

klbritt

Post by klbritt » June 10th, 2014, 1:45 pm

abc wrote:I can't do it! I'm a failure at anagrams! Also, I didn't try very hard. Anyone else want to? First name is ALISON.
Lisa
Liason
Nola
Salon
Loins (hahaha!)
Nail (s)
Nilson
Snail

Just to name a few ;)
~Kristie

-: Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read - Groucho Marx :-

http://www.BKRivers.blogspot.com