What T.V. shows are you watching?

Because that novel isn't going to delay itself
longknife

Re: What T.V. shows are you watching?

Post by longknife » October 27th, 2012, 4:36 pm

I also like Revolution and Arrow is proving to be okay.

I watched that horrid Mockingbird Lane last night - it'll be the last time!!!!! :evil:
Drop by Father Serra's Legacy http://msgdaleday.blogspot.com. Comments always eagerly awaited - but only if you find the item interesting enough to respond to.

Nathan Bransford

Post by Nathan Bransford » October 28th, 2012, 6:35 pm

I don't watch as much TV as I used to, of the shows that are on right now I've pretty much pared things down to Survivor (can't explain why I still am fascinated by this show), New Girl and Parks & Rec.

And plenty of sports.

sophiarosehips

Post by sophiarosehips » October 28th, 2012, 6:54 pm

First of all, this thread caused me to queue up about five more shows on Netflix.

Also, I think it's interesting that so many of us don't have tv. I thought I was weird that way, but now I see I'm actually just trendy. Who knew?

My shows:

I am inexplicably addicted to Charmed, and am watching it again from the beginning. Am now on season 5. I find I don't like any of the characters but Cole, and he's getting shafted, so at the moment I'm annoyed and not watching it--but that will change. I always come back to this show. It's weird.
I recently finished Medium and I mourn it. Loved that show, and the ending was just WRONG.
I WISH I was still watching Eureka. :'(
Same with Firefly.
Just started Parenthood and Sherlock, and I prefer the former.
Totally addicted to Fringe.
I've seen the first three or four episodes of Desperate Romantics, which is British, I think. Good show!
I was really into the British version of Being Human but couldn't stomach the change in Mitchell, so no more.
Leverage
Friday Night Lights
Burn Notice
In Plain Sight

There are probably a couple of others, but those are the main ones.

Cookie

Post by Cookie » October 29th, 2012, 2:40 pm

I think Doctor Who is the only currently airing show I watch consistently. Although I do love Psych, White Collar, and Supernatural. My time has been spent watching Buffy re-runs. I love Buffy.
I've been watching a lot of Asian dramas too. I like that each show is only about 20 episodes, and the plot gets wrapped up (fairly) nicely. Some of the endings can be terribly predictable, but on the whole they're a lot of fun to watch.

Sommer Leigh

Post by Sommer Leigh » October 29th, 2012, 4:49 pm

Sanderling wrote:
Sommer Leigh wrote:And holy cow I am so in love with Arrow!!! I'm surprised at how well they've adapted the comic book.
Yes! Arrow love! I was vaguely aware it was based off a comic book, but it sure doesn't feel like a comic book adaptation, not the way some superhero movies sometimes do. I'm a little surprised it's been as quiet as it has been on Twitter/wherever. Saw lots of stuff for Revolution, especially the first couple weeks, but virtually nothing for Arrow.
It's based on the Green Arrow. There've been a lot of nods to the comic but I'm not sure if they will follow through with everything. His ex-girlfriend (the one he cheated on) is named the same as the comic book hero the Black Canary who the Green Arrow has romantics with in the comic. They are certainly setting her up to be a hero sort. He also called his little sister Speedy, which is the name of his side-kick in the comic. We'll see.

I think some of the voice over is kind of weird and stilted, but I think it's really really well done. It feels like it has a big budget.
May the word counts be ever in your favor. http://www.sommerleigh.com
Be nice, or I get out the Tesla cannon.

Doug Pardee

Post by Doug Pardee » October 29th, 2012, 7:28 pm

:( I've given up on Warehouse 13. I've still got the final two episodes of the latest season still on my DVR, and I'm just not interested in watching them. It used to be fun. Now it's not. It's also turned into a serial, which I don't bother with.

:D On the other hand, Haven has managed to find some good stories for season 3, which mostly eluded them in the first two seasons. Haven just barely got renewed this time, and I suspect they're planning on this being their final season, but if it stays this good, maybe they'll be around for season 4. One can always hope.

:? Covert Affairs is starting to lose my interest. They're spending too much time on the season-long arc, which turns it into (mostly) a serial.

:? I watch Castle just because. It's always felt a little "off" to me, like it doesn't know what kind of show it wants to be. The Richard Castle character doesn't seem to be a writer any more — just a puppy following Beckett around.

:? Elementary has promise, but if it doesn't start living up to that promise, I'm going to dump it.

:D The Middle is my favorite sit-com. Very consistent at delivering the slight exaggeration of real life that a lot of humor is based on.

:lol: I'm impatiently waiting for Betty White's Off Their Rockers to come back for its second season. Last season was a riot.

8-) Leverage is on a break for another month yet, but that's one that I regularly watch. Now there's a show that doesn't let the big story arc get in the way of producing individual episodes that are interesting in their own right.

Shipple

Post by Shipple » November 3rd, 2012, 7:57 pm

Just saw someone mentioned Elementary. Just watched the first few episodes of it last week, and I am really loving that as well.

At first I was just like, "Oh, the BBC already did that present day Sherlock thing" but then I found out it had Johnny Lee Miller (I'm still a little obsessed with Hackers, which was one of my favorite movies back in the day) and Lucy Lui & I had to watch & I really enjoyed it. Also, a few from my list have sort of dropped by the wayside, although maybe I'll get bored some day & catch up on them some day.
"Mr and Mrs Dursley, of number four Privet Drive, were proud to say that they were perfectly normal, thank you very much." - J.K. Rowling (an awesome opening line)
Me: http://sarahhipple.blogspot.com/ and http://shipple.tumblr.com/

SunnyE

Post by SunnyE » January 16th, 2013, 3:11 am

I have a bunch of shows that I have a slight addiction to. Some of my faves are:
Scandal
Revenge
Leverage
Parenthood
White Collar
Castle
Modern Family
Once Upon a Time
2 Broke Girls
Mike and Molly
Covert Affairs

I also watch a lot of educational TV and news programs. I have waaaay too much downtime. I make myself feel better by rationalizing that I spend a lot of time reading and writing, so that evens it out.

thewordsmith

Post by thewordsmith » February 1st, 2013, 11:36 am

deleted - duplicate post
Last edited by thewordsmith on February 1st, 2013, 11:44 am, edited 1 time in total.

thewordsmith

Post by thewordsmith » February 1st, 2013, 11:43 am

While I used to be a never-miss devotee of Leverage and mourned its "passing" I don't generally watch a lot of television. Person of Interest is interesting but not something I watch on a regular basis. Maybe once or twice a month. I never ... repeat ... NEVER watch pseudo reality shows. I figure I've got better things to do with my time. And I've got enough issues in my own life to watch people verbally (and occasionally physically) slugging it out on nighttime television!
That kind of stress and tension I don't need! And, if I want comedy I'll watch a movie comedy or something. What I DO watch?
JEOPARDY! is on my never miss list as are:
Suits
White Collar
Burn Notice
NCIS and NCIS: Los Angeles
Hawaii 5-0
Oh, yeah! and Dr. Who and Covert Affairs whenever they deign to put them on the air!

That's about it. Come to think of it. With rare exception, that about covers everything I watch. On the issue of SAS (Short Attention Span) there are not too many shows that can hold my interest for too long. Most of them get scratched off my list after two or three years just because they cannot hold my interest or I get tired of waiting for them to come back for their selected mini-season. And the sporadic nature of tv programming these days with the stupid "Second Season" practice condemns many shows to an early death too. Too often, people get tired of waiting for a 'favorite' show to come back on and turn their allegiances elsewhere. Hows about picking a better line-up and running a program for longer than 6 episodes in a season? Six episodes? You call that a season?????

SquarePen

Post by SquarePen » June 24th, 2013, 2:50 pm

I only ever watch tv using the catch-up function these days, because a) I don't watch much, and b) the times I have free to watch tv generally don't coincide with when said programmes are actually on. also I'm from the UK, so some of the following may well get the 'huh?' response ;)

'The Apprentice: You're Fired': not the full-on episode, but a kind of summary/post-fired interview with each week's loser. Cuts out all the boring bits, plus the very funny Dara O'Briain is the host.

'The Voice UK': - although that's just finished now.

'Would I Lie To You'... 'Russell Howard's Good News'... 'QI'... 'Have I Got News For You'... : 4 of some of the best comedy current affairs/quiz panel shows on at the moment. They're not on that regularly though, so I mainly just wait to see if any of them are on in the catch-up list for a particular week.

And... that's it really.

abc

Post by abc » April 16th, 2014, 11:25 pm

I think TV is my favorite thing. One of my favorite things. There is so much good writing on TV lately (the last decade, really). I'm currently impressed by Rectify (first season on Netflix. 2nd coming this Summer). True Detective was truly awesome. Game of Thrones! Mad Men! Veep cracks me up. I secretly want to be a television writer except I don't want to live in L.A. or hobnob with industry types. I'm chubby and pale and I don't care that much about fashion. It would never work out.

I really am procrastinating here. Really, really.

Jabberjays

Post by Jabberjays » May 27th, 2014, 12:26 pm

I used to watch a ridiculous amount of TV, but have broken up with a bunch of shows and now only watch Game of Thrones mostly. Amazing Race and Survivor both just ended so those were my other two. For some reason my father in law watches Revenge, but since I'm like 2 seasons behind I always have to cut him off and tell him I'm not caught up.
Freelance editor, young adult fansite administrator