Funniest First Words

Because that novel isn't going to delay itself
writersink

Funniest First Words

Post by writersink » March 1st, 2012, 1:13 pm

Okay, so I was doing some research for a character I was writing. I needed to know her first words. She's sorta funny, so I wanted something memorable. I came up with nothing, so I decided to try good ol' fashioned Google, where I stumbled across this video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fVjOgLcw5oY

(Sorry if I'm late with this.) Anyway, the poor baby's first words were... "oh shit." Which I thought was awesome. My first words were lame (dada), but what about you guys. You know anyone whose first words have been seriously funny? What were they?

Mira

Re: Funniest First Words

Post by Mira » March 3rd, 2012, 7:47 pm

No clue what my first words were. I wonder if most parents tell their kids? They should - I"d like to know! :)

writersink

Post by writersink » March 4th, 2012, 4:28 am

I wonder if most parents tell their kids? They should - I"d like to know!
Ahhh... but what if your first words were something really embarrassing like "mummy, I need to do a poo." (Although the baby that came up with those first words would probably be a genius.)

Have you ever heard of really funny first words?

JohnDurvin

Post by JohnDurvin » March 7th, 2012, 12:05 am

I don't know how true this is, but supposedly, Albert Einstein stayed completely mute for several years when he was a child; his parents were starting to assume he was mentally retarded. Then, after his baby sister was born, young Albert--somewhere between three and six by then--approached the crib and looked up at his parents.

"It's very nice, but where are the wheels?" he allegedly said to his parents.

I don't know what my own first words were, but I do know that my girlfriend's nephew has been repeating his mom a little too well; he's started randomly telling his bemused father, "Daddy, you're a dumb-ass." I HOPE it wasn't his first word, but it was definitely in the first hundred.

And finally, I cannot pass up this post without including a link to mysonsquotes.com. This kid is bizarre. For example, a recent post: "I don't really sleep at night, I trick you, mom and dad. I just fake-sleep like a pig."
Everybody loves using things as other things, right? Check out my blog at the Cromulent Bricoleur and see one hipster's approach to recycling, upcycling, and alterna-cycling (which is a word I just made up).

writersink

Post by writersink » April 4th, 2012, 2:24 pm

JohnDurvin wrote: I don't know what my own first words were, but I do know that my girlfriend's nephew has been repeating his mom a little too well; he's started randomly telling his bemused father, "Daddy, you're a dumb-ass." I HOPE it wasn't his first word, but it was definitely in the first hundred.

And finally, I cannot pass up this post without including a link to mysonsquotes.com. This kid is bizarre. For example, a recent post: "I don't really sleep at night, I trick you, mom and dad. I just fake-sleep like a pig."
That just made my day. I am going to check out that website when I should be doing much more serious things.