Sometimes spambots get it right.

Because that novel isn't going to delay itself
Sommer Leigh

Sometimes spambots get it right.

Post by Sommer Leigh » December 9th, 2011, 10:19 am

Ok, I know spam is bad. I'm the world's expert spambot grenadier. But there's a spam post right now in the Books folder with the title: "The nevertheless, one must be careful in determining the bes."

One must be careful in determing the bes. Amen brother! We certainly do.

I think that is my new motto for the day.
May the word counts be ever in your favor. http://www.sommerleigh.com
Be nice, or I get out the Tesla cannon.

Mira

Re: Sometimes spambots get it right.

Post by Mira » December 9th, 2011, 5:08 pm

Ha!

Funny. But I've noticed that Spam is getting clever. I was impressed with the multiple postings on one of Nathan's blog posts recently by a poker company. It said all sorts of complimentary things about the blog owner. If you didn't look at the name, you wouldn't even know it was spam.

Sommer Leigh

Post by Sommer Leigh » December 12th, 2011, 4:41 pm

Mira wrote:Ha!

Funny. But I've noticed that Spam is getting clever. I was impressed with the multiple postings on one of Nathan's blog posts recently by a poker company. It said all sorts of complimentary things about the blog owner. If you didn't look at the name, you wouldn't even know it was spam.
Comments like that get caught by my spam filter all the time for my blog. I go in and glance over my spam filter every once in a while to make sure something not-spammy got caught there. Sometimes commenters who leave me links to things to check out end up accidentally in the spam filter. I see a lot of comments about my quality as a blogger left by spammers.

When the spambots start sending me roses and writing me poetry, I'll give them anything they want. Hear that Nigerian princes? That's how you win your way into my heart, not with some poorly written soulful email about the state of your kingdom. Send me some of your kingdom's finest chocolates and we'll talk.
May the word counts be ever in your favor. http://www.sommerleigh.com
Be nice, or I get out the Tesla cannon.

Mira

Post by Mira » December 12th, 2011, 5:14 pm

Ha! :D

But I don't know, Sommer. Poetry, roses and chocolates are lovely, but I think I might hold out for money.

That's right, Nigerian Princes. Send me money and lots of it. Once you do that, don't worry, I'll get back to you soon.

Rachel Ventura

Post by Rachel Ventura » January 13th, 2012, 7:47 pm

Mira wrote:That's right, Nigerian Princes. Send me money and lots of it. Once you do that, don't worry, I'll get back to you soon.

O-TAY! :lol: :lol: :lol: