LOST- A challenge

Because that novel isn't going to delay itself
Rick Daley

LOST- A challenge

Post by Rick Daley » August 4th, 2011, 1:35 pm

So apparently JJ Abrams is upset that many people didn't like the ending to LOST. He's writing it off as you-were-just-such-obsessive-fans-that-you're-upset-it's-over-and-you-really-want-more. (NOTE: I disagree strongly. I think a good ending would have tied up all the loose threads in the story from seasons 1-6. I get what they were trying to do with the ending they used, but it would have been more fitting for a different series.)

Then...and this is the fun part...he issued a challenge to come up with a better ending:
http://www.filmschoolrejects.com/news/j ... ending.php

There has never been a better use for the Twitter hash tag. I think many people can come up with a better ending, and in less than 140 characters. If you have a Twitter account, share your #betterlostending

Here's mine:
Pan from Jack's eye to the beach, which is covered in red herrings flopping in the sand, then the herrings go to heaven. #betterlostending

Aimée

Re: LOST- A challenge

Post by Aimée » August 4th, 2011, 3:54 pm

I LOVED the ending of LOST, and I was a crazy obsessed fan. I have to admit, I still am, even though it's over.

Red herrings, though, that's pretty funny.

AnimaDictio

Re: LOST- A challenge

Post by AnimaDictio » August 16th, 2011, 12:50 pm

LOST ending disappointed me for four reasons.

#1. There was no huge battle in the end. For pretty much the entire final season, they were all preparing for this huge battle. I was whet for a battle. It was reduced to a fist fight between the doc and the bald guy. Grr!

#2. That smoke monster was the coolest thing since sliced bread. It deserved a cool ending. I wanted Mr. Eko's death avenged. I wanted someone to discover a weakness and exploit it and overcome that monster. Nothing! We got nothing!

#3. What's up with this vague nonsense about a light in a cave with special powers? Could we get something a little more specific? Geez.

#4. A million loose ends, unexplained phenomena, unsolved mysteries. Bastards.

I guess I still feel a little strongly about this. I need to go eat a cookie.