Anyone up for a Meet 'n' Greet?

Because that novel isn't going to delay itself
Post Reply
User avatar
Cookie
Posts: 540
Joined: September 20th, 2010, 11:18 am
Location: Berkshires
Contact:

Re: Anyone up for a Meet 'n' Greet?

Post by Cookie » June 17th, 2011, 4:53 pm

Watcher55 wrote:
dios4vida wrote:
Watcher55 wrote:I'll stick to my hood. I'm not so good at planning, but I'm intrigued enough to pay attention - so if you need anything....
Does that mean you'll come, Watcher??
I'm not saying I'm not coming. I live mostly by barter these days, so pulling this off would be interesting.
Well, plane tickets are relatively cheap (I checked), and if you get a roomie, the room will be really cheap. Like Margo (I think) suggested, hang out at the buffet.

User avatar
dios4vida
Posts: 1119
Joined: February 22nd, 2010, 4:08 pm
Location: Tucson, Arizona, USA
Contact:

Re: Anyone up for a Meet 'n' Greet?

Post by dios4vida » June 17th, 2011, 5:11 pm

Watcher55 wrote:
dios4vida wrote:
Watcher55 wrote:I'll stick to my hood. I'm not so good at planning, but I'm intrigued enough to pay attention - so if you need anything....
Does that mean you'll come, Watcher??
I'm not saying I'm not coming. I live mostly by barter these days, so pulling this off would be interesting.
You could always try to barter something for some cash! Or maybe a generous Bransforumer relatively close to you might be willing to help negotiate things, kinda like a bartering middle-man.

And Cookie's right, it would be ridiculously cheap if you get a roomie. You should seriously try to come!!
Brenda :)

Inspiration isn't about the muse. Inspiration is working until something clicks. ~Brandon Sanderson

User avatar
dios4vida
Posts: 1119
Joined: February 22nd, 2010, 4:08 pm
Location: Tucson, Arizona, USA
Contact:

Re: Anyone up for a Meet 'n' Greet?

Post by dios4vida » June 17th, 2011, 5:13 pm

Cookie wrote:I have a Sigg bottle that I love. It goes everywhere with me. Also, the cats can't get into it. Take that, sneaky water stealing kitties!
Hee hee. Those silly cats. I have a coffee mug that says "Another mug for my cats to drink out of when I'm not looking." Sounds like you need one, too.
Brenda :)

Inspiration isn't about the muse. Inspiration is working until something clicks. ~Brandon Sanderson

Margo
Posts: 1712
Joined: April 5th, 2010, 11:21 am
Contact:

Re: Anyone up for a Meet 'n' Greet?

Post by Margo » June 17th, 2011, 6:18 pm

Watcher55 wrote:I'll stick to my hood. I'm not so good at planning, but I'm intrigued enough to pay attention - so if you need anything....
What if we find an orange hood for you?
Urban fantasy, epic fantasy, and hot Norse elves. http://margolerwill.blogspot.com/

Margo
Posts: 1712
Joined: April 5th, 2010, 11:21 am
Contact:

Re: Anyone up for a Meet 'n' Greet?

Post by Margo » June 17th, 2011, 6:21 pm

Watcher55 wrote:I'm not saying I'm not coming. I live mostly by barter these days, so pulling this off would be interesting.
This is one of the reasons why so many of us thought waiting until Spring 2012 would be best...gives people time to plan, juggle schedules, save money, scout activities they might want to suggest. The first time I went to Vegas, I went with a list of free attractions I'd found by googling free stuff to do in Vegas. :)
Urban fantasy, epic fantasy, and hot Norse elves. http://margolerwill.blogspot.com/

Sommer Leigh
Moderator
Posts: 1624
Joined: April 2nd, 2010, 11:07 pm
Location: Omaha, NE
Contact:

Re: Anyone up for a Meet 'n' Greet?

Post by Sommer Leigh » June 18th, 2011, 11:20 pm

Alright, so far for our BransforumFest Committee, we have:

Watcher55
Margo
Cookie
Claudie
trixie
Sommer Leigh

Anyone else for now?
May the word counts be ever in your favor. http://www.sommerleigh.com
Be nice, or I get out the Tesla cannon.

User avatar
Mira
Posts: 1354
Joined: December 7th, 2009, 9:59 am
Contact:

Re: Anyone up for a Meet 'n' Greet?

Post by Mira » June 19th, 2011, 7:54 pm

Woah.

You guys are getting together!!?? In VEGAS!!!!!

VEGAS, BABY.

This is so cool. I'll really try to make it, it sounds like such fun.

And NATHAN'S COMING. That's just amazing. Best trip ever.

Is Nathan going to hold a workshop, or just have fun and relax? Are we doing any writing?

So, the committee's pretty full, so, I'll just take the role of CEO. This means you run all decisions by me, and then I shake my head and mention that it's really not up to me, I have to fly it by the board, and can you give me a proposal by next week, including budget and expenses, I'll see if I can call in some favors, and I"ll see what I can do.

I LOVE VEGAS!!! It's so good for you, in that you get to do lots and lots of things that are really bad for you, it's the most fun EVER! :)

Margo
Posts: 1712
Joined: April 5th, 2010, 11:21 am
Contact:

Re: Anyone up for a Meet 'n' Greet?

Post by Margo » June 19th, 2011, 7:58 pm

So we've got yes or maybe from:

Watcher55
Margo
Cookie
Claudie
trixie
Sommer Leigh
Hektor
Mira
Brenda
and let's not forget Nathan!
Last edited by Margo on June 19th, 2011, 7:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Urban fantasy, epic fantasy, and hot Norse elves. http://margolerwill.blogspot.com/

Sommer Leigh
Moderator
Posts: 1624
Joined: April 2nd, 2010, 11:07 pm
Location: Omaha, NE
Contact:

Re: Anyone up for a Meet 'n' Greet?

Post by Sommer Leigh » June 19th, 2011, 7:59 pm

Mira wrote:Woah.

You guys are getting together!!?? In VEGAS!!!!!

VEGAS, BABY.

This is so cool. I'll really try to make it, it sounds like such fun.

And NATHAN'S COMING. That's just amazing. Best trip ever.

Is Nathan going to hold a workshop, or just have fun and relax? Are we doing any writing?

So, the committee's pretty full, so, I'll just take the role of CEO. This means you run all decisions by me, and then I shake my head and mention that it's really not up to me, I have to fly it by the board, and can you give me a proposal by next week, including budget and expenses, I'll see if I can call in some favors, and I"ll see what I can do.

I LOVE VEGAS!!! It's so good for you, in that you get to do lots and lots of things that are really bad for you, it's the most fun EVER! :)
We don't have any specifics yet knocked out (and I suspect we wont' for a while) but I think that yes there will be some writing and work along with all the fun.

We are not too full if you're into planning events! If you want to help, there's plenty to be done.
May the word counts be ever in your favor. http://www.sommerleigh.com
Be nice, or I get out the Tesla cannon.

Margo
Posts: 1712
Joined: April 5th, 2010, 11:21 am
Contact:

Re: Anyone up for a Meet 'n' Greet?

Post by Margo » June 19th, 2011, 8:18 pm

It's sooo wrong of me to want to get my photo taken with a lion cub at the MGM. Luckily, I don't think the cubs are there in March, so I shouldn't have to stare temptation in its cute furry face.
Urban fantasy, epic fantasy, and hot Norse elves. http://margolerwill.blogspot.com/

User avatar
Mira
Posts: 1354
Joined: December 7th, 2009, 9:59 am
Contact:

Re: Anyone up for a Meet 'n' Greet?

Post by Mira » June 19th, 2011, 8:25 pm

Sure, Sommer, I'll help out. I can be either the CEO or the errand girl. I'm easy. :)

I love Vegas. So much Fun!!

User avatar
Cookie
Posts: 540
Joined: September 20th, 2010, 11:18 am
Location: Berkshires
Contact:

Re: Anyone up for a Meet 'n' Greet?

Post by Cookie » June 19th, 2011, 10:25 pm

Margo wrote:It's sooo wrong of me to want to get my photo taken with a lion cub at the MGM. Luckily, I don't think the cubs are there in March, so I shouldn't have to stare temptation in its cute furry face.
What? Lion cubs? As in cute, cuddly, furry mini lions? No, that's not wrong at all. Of course, I'd be right there with you, so maybe I'm not the best judge.

Hey, Claudie and I are planning an epic Pokemon match. We're not nerds or anything.

Claudie
Posts: 707
Joined: June 9th, 2010, 3:57 pm
Location: Quebec
Contact:

Re: Anyone up for a Meet 'n' Greet?

Post by Claudie » June 19th, 2011, 10:27 pm

Cookie wrote:
Margo wrote:It's sooo wrong of me to want to get my photo taken with a lion cub at the MGM. Luckily, I don't think the cubs are there in March, so I shouldn't have to stare temptation in its cute furry face.
What? Lion cubs? As in cute, cuddly, furry mini lions? No, that's not wrong at all. Of course, I'd be right there with you, so maybe I'm not the best judge.

Hey, Claudie and I are planning an epic Pokemon match. We're not nerds or anything.
You should get decks of cards ready. You should also bring the gameboy game, if you have it. :D
"I do not think there is any thrill [...] like that felt by the inventor as he sees some creation of the brain unfolding to success... Such emotions make a man forget food, sleep, friends, love, everything." -- Nikola Tesla

Margo
Posts: 1712
Joined: April 5th, 2010, 11:21 am
Contact:

Re: Anyone up for a Meet 'n' Greet?

Post by Margo » June 20th, 2011, 12:54 am

Cookie and Claudie will be waging pokewar, and I'll be staring up and down the Strip trying to figure the approximate locations for the Lucky 38, the Tops, Vault 21, and the NCR Embassy. (No, I'm not obsessed with Fallout New Vegas. But no Sinatra impressions or bottlecaps around me, just in case.)
Urban fantasy, epic fantasy, and hot Norse elves. http://margolerwill.blogspot.com/

User avatar
Beethovenfan
Posts: 322
Joined: August 23rd, 2010, 11:45 pm
Contact:

Re: Anyone up for a Meet 'n' Greet?

Post by Beethovenfan » June 20th, 2011, 3:35 am

Ok. I've been lurking on this thread for a few days trying to decide if I'm going or not. I think I WILL go. Sounds like an interesting time. I am actually from that area (grew up in a tiny town about an hour away from Las Vegas call Pahrump), and it would be just like going home! Only I wouldn't be spending all my time with my parents. ;)

Not sure if I am good for anything in the planning department, but if you have a spot that needs to be filled I'll do my best! :) I'm really looking forward to meeting everyone, but already the intimidation is setting in. When I read your posts you all seem so much more clever than I, and I am sure that cleverness transposes over into your writing as well. I hope mine can measure up! But still, I can't wait! :D
"Don't only practice your art, but force your way into its secrets, for it and knowledge can raise men to the divine."
~ Ludwig van Beethoven

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests