Bransford Blog Bracket Challenge!!!

Because that novel isn't going to delay itself
veela-valoom

Re: Bransford Blog Bracket Challenge!!!

Post by veela-valoom » March 19th, 2011, 5:21 pm

Does anyone else really love the stories in college basketball? Like players who improve drastically and stuff like that?

I feel like people underestimate the stories in sports. My example this year is: Josh Harrellson from University of Kentucky. He's been incredible. At the beginning of the year the fans were not happy that we only had him and not Kanter. Fans insulted him. Now he's a fan favorite and pulled UK through the SEC and has kept us alive in the NCAA.

Mira

Post by Mira » March 19th, 2011, 8:58 pm

knight_tour wrote: Mira, your team is so bad, they should all be literary agents!
Yeah, knight tour, well your team is so bad, they don't even know how to write a decent query letter!
aspiring_x wrote:@ ted- your team is so bad Mira should rep them! :P
Absolutely. I'll get them a book deal: "You think your team is bad, you should see our team!"

Hee. Gotta love the trash talking.

I heard there have been lots of surprises. Sounds like a fun season. :)

abc

Post by abc » March 19th, 2011, 9:13 pm

It's not like I had high expectations, but I'm really not doing well. That being said, Go Wisconsin!

Matthew MacNish

Post by Matthew MacNish » March 19th, 2011, 9:23 pm

HOLY CRAP! This Pitt/Butler game is out of control. I've NEVER seen so many lead changes in the last 2.1 seconds!

aspiring_x

Post by aspiring_x » March 19th, 2011, 9:40 pm

Matthew Rush wrote:HOLY CRAP! This Pitt/Butler game is out of control. I've NEVER seen so many lead changes in the last 2.1 seconds!
ohmygoodness! i was watching this with my hubby, and i was literally screaming and crying... i think i may be taking this too seriously... and pitt. i had so much faith in you...
pitt- you are the pitts.

veela-valoom

Post by veela-valoom » March 19th, 2011, 10:09 pm

Even though I had Pitt going quite far (elite 8 or Final 4) I will ALWAYS root for Butler. Shelvin Mack is a Lexington KY native. As long as our Kentucky boys don't go to an enemy (L-ville & Tennessee being the biggest) we still love them. Kinda kills me that UK didn't recruit Mack though. Seriously he's friends with Darius Miller and so talented. Would love to have him on my team!

He's also nice on twitter and responds to people even after last years tournament run. So he earns my brownie points for that as well.

My bracket has gone down quick. But March Madness has been exciting!

abc

Post by abc » March 19th, 2011, 10:31 pm

Is Kansas State's coach not the most thuggiest looking coach ever, or what? He looks like he should be in Goodfellas.

knight_tour

Post by knight_tour » March 20th, 2011, 6:24 am

My number 2 ESPN bracket is at 99.3% - http://games.espn.go.com/tcmen/en/entry?entryID=1328679

veela-valoom

Post by veela-valoom » March 20th, 2011, 12:21 pm

knight_tour wrote:My number 2 ESPN bracket is at 99.3% - http://games.espn.go.com/tcmen/en/entry?entryID=1328679
Just curious how many brackets do you have?

knight_tour

Post by knight_tour » March 20th, 2011, 2:27 pm

veela-valoom wrote:
knight_tour wrote:My number 2 ESPN bracket is at 99.3% - http://games.espn.go.com/tcmen/en/entry?entryID=1328679
Just curious how many brackets do you have?
Each site allows a different number. CNNSI allows five. ESPN allows ten.

abc

Post by abc » March 20th, 2011, 8:54 pm

My bracket is shot, Waaay shot. So I'm going to go ahead and root for VCU.

veela-valoom

Post by veela-valoom » March 20th, 2011, 9:11 pm

abc wrote:My bracket is shot, Waaay shot. So I'm going to go ahead and root for VCU.
I quit doing CPR on my bracket and planned a funeral sometime yesterday. Now I'm just rooting for ALL the underdogs. Butler, Arizona, VCU--who cares anymore!

I was a little heartbroken that Washington didn't pull out the upset. I thought the refs gave UNC an advantage and Washington was the better team. However if we ever come up against them I have more confidence in beating UNC than Washing (If we can get back Ohio State)

Matthew MacNish

Post by Matthew MacNish » March 21st, 2011, 7:13 am

Ashelynn Sanford is probably not going to be beatable. All but one of her Elite 8 teams are still alive.

And yeah, my bracket sucks too. I went way too aggressive trying to grab upsets this year. Yes, I had the Gauchos beating the Gators in the first round. Yes the Gators are probably going to make the final four now. No, I don't care. It's still been tons of fun!

Krista G.

Post by Krista G. » March 21st, 2011, 11:07 am

I filled out my bracket pretty quickly after looking at an aggregate of the (so-called) experts' brackets, and I must say, when I was looking at it again after it'd locked, I was a little concerned that I'd only picked one Big East team to the Final Four. Now I'm glad I didn't...
Author of THE REGENERATED MAN (G.P. Putnam's Sons Books for Young Readers, Winter 2015)
Represented by Kate Schafer Testerman of kt literary
www.motherwrite.blogspot.com

veela-valoom

Post by veela-valoom » March 21st, 2011, 5:49 pm

Matthew Rush wrote:Ashelynn Sanford is probably not going to be beatable. All but one of her Elite 8 teams are still alive.

And yeah, my bracket sucks too. I went way too aggressive trying to grab upsets this year. Yes, I had the Gauchos beating the Gators in the first round. Yes the Gators are probably going to make the final four now. No, I don't care. It's still been tons of fun!
The Gators will not get past BYU. If they do UK is better than I think (and that's coming from a huge UK fan). We beat them twice, almost a 3rd time (so many almosts this season it makes me sad).

I'm suppose to hate Florida but I don't. I respect Donovan as a coach & he's always very respectful to our coach/players/fanbase win or lose. Florida had a yellow brick road to where they are now. Don't expect it to last. But hey if it does it's good for the SEC so I'm not complaining. As of Saturday I've been actively rooting against my bracket, seeing how low my percentage can go.