Bransford Blog Bracket Challenge!!!

Because that novel isn't going to delay itself
veela-valoom

Re: Bransford Blog Bracket Challenge!!!

Post by veela-valoom » March 17th, 2011, 10:51 pm

So I just watched the video and I am such a girl. It gave me warm and fuzzies.

aspiring_x

Post by aspiring_x » March 17th, 2011, 11:11 pm

veela-valoom wrote:So I just watched the video and I am such a girl. It gave me warm and fuzzies.
dittos.
whodathunk?

Nathan Bransford

Post by Nathan Bransford » March 17th, 2011, 11:34 pm

What a great day so far!! The buzzer beaters haven't disappointed.

veela-valoom

Post by veela-valoom » March 17th, 2011, 11:45 pm

Nathan Bransford wrote:What a great day so far!! The buzzer beaters haven't disappointed.
Morehead was my favorite!!! I suppose since I'm a UK fan they should be my favorite but Morehead's was sweeter. I've seen them play UK at Rupp before. Hard not to like the small school in the Appalachian mountains (where my best friend went)

aspiring_x

Post by aspiring_x » March 18th, 2011, 12:03 am

oh my my my my michigan...
you gotta give it to them, though. never quit.
good effort guys!

(and with that- my bracket bite the dust! eeks!)

ginnymartyn

Post by ginnymartyn » March 18th, 2011, 8:16 am

[aside] matt-dogg is cracking me up.

I'm killing it in the southeast! And I'm certain Kentucky will triumph in the East. But I don't think I can live in a world where Temple beats Penn State.

boo-hiss.

knight_tour

Post by knight_tour » March 18th, 2011, 11:04 am

Matthew Rush wrote:Nathan: Ohio State and Pitt, with no one scoring more than 70, in the final? Very interesting.

Bryan has a 1, 2, 4 and a 6 in the final four. That's what I call courage.

I find Vic's (Aspiring_X) trust in Georgia nice and quaint. I live in Atlanta, so I'm sure the local radio will be ecstatic if you're right.

And I'm glad to see Ted put his faith in SDSU. Any other region and I would have put them in the final four.
I don't have a ton of faith in them actually, but since if they reach the final against Duke (or Texas) they would essentially have a home crowd, I figured it is worth a shot. Duke can lose a road game...

knight_tour

Post by knight_tour » March 18th, 2011, 11:05 am

trixie wrote:Dear Louisville...

You suck. You've ruined my chances at a query, thankyouverymuch.

::huff::puff::

Okay, it's only the first round.
I wouldn't worry. I was busted after round 1 last year and then nearly won. If only Butler had pulled it off!

knight_tour

Post by knight_tour » March 18th, 2011, 11:07 am

veela-valoom wrote:
Matthew Rush wrote:I'm looking everywhere for video or at least audio of the Sydney Johnson (Princeton's coach) post game conference. I don't care if you like basketball or hate it. It doesn't matter if you think the ivy league is nothing but a bunch of evil WASPs. It's inspiring. The video should be available soon. If you can't catch sportscenter, check Youtube tomorrow morning; it's not long, and it's worth watching.
I heard it was good (even UK fans said that). I absolutely HATE that the past 2 years we've been put up against Ivy League schools. Princeton seems classy and they played great. I'd rather play someone else. I think the NCAA likes to pit UK as the "stupid kids" against the "Smart kids" of the likes of Cornell & Princeton. It bothers me that there is a lot of implication about UK players being stupid. Our point guard had a 4.0 coming out of high school and had a 4.0 his first semester at UK.

I was also really irritated that Morehead had to play Louisville. Almost every time they make the tournament they put those teams against each other. Glad Morehead got the win but I'd like to see a different match-up.

(PS with Morehead winning, Kentucky winning and Louisville losing my state is very happy today).
Yeah, the committee likes to say they don't arrange certain matchups, but they are clearly lying. For instance, they put Memphis on Arizona because the Memphis coach was a player and assistant there.

Mira

Post by Mira » March 18th, 2011, 1:16 pm

Okay, I think it's time for my trash talking.

I'm sad, though, because apparently I'm the only one who is trash talking here. But maybe people just need someone to break the ice.

I'll do it, I'll break the ice!

So, here's the trash talking:

Your team is a bad, bad team! Bad team! Bad team! Their mothers wear army boots! Their fathers smoke cigars! Their cooking sucks! No one wants to eat their cooking. They have big ears! Yes, you heard me right. Big Ears!!!!! They should stop being a bad team, with Big Ears, and become a good team like my team! My team cooks yummy food and their ears are very attractive. Vote for the team with the yummy food and small ears! Yay, my team!

Go team!!!

Matthew MacNish

Post by Matthew MacNish » March 18th, 2011, 1:57 pm

Okay Mira, here goes: Your bracket sucks, you didn't pick a single game right. What's wrong with you!?!?

NOTE: For those who are not aware, I'm not actually that mean. Mira didn't fill one out, so I'm ... oh whatever. You get it.

Sommer Leigh

Post by Sommer Leigh » March 18th, 2011, 2:02 pm

Haha, I think we need someone to come in and give us a workshop on writing great trashtalk.
May the word counts be ever in your favor. http://www.sommerleigh.com
Be nice, or I get out the Tesla cannon.

Mira

Post by Mira » March 18th, 2011, 5:18 pm

Matthew Rush wrote:Okay Mira, here goes: Your bracket sucks, you didn't pick a single game right. What's wrong with you!?!?

NOTE: For those who are not aware, I'm not actually that mean. Mira didn't fill one out, so I'm ... oh whatever. You get it.
Ooooo. You're going to toe-to-toe with me, Rush? Are ya? Well, you're a brave, brave man, that's all I gotta say, Rush. Very brave.

Well, that's all I got right now. Hopefully, I'll think of something really good to say to you soon.
Sommer Leigh wrote:Haha, I think we need someone to come in and give us a workshop on writing great trashtalk.
I'd love that. Truly. I want to be the expert trash talker of the world. It's a dream. If you find someone, let me know.

Sommer Leigh

Post by Sommer Leigh » March 18th, 2011, 5:22 pm

Mira wrote:
Matthew Rush wrote:Okay Mira, here goes: Your bracket sucks, you didn't pick a single game right. What's wrong with you!?!?

Ooooo. You're going to toe-to-toe with me, Rush? Are ya? Well, you're a brave, brave man, that's all I gotta say, Rush. Very brave.

Well, that's all I got right now. Hopefully, I'll think of something really good to say to you soon.
Sommer Leigh wrote:Haha, I think we need someone to come in and give us a workshop on writing great trashtalk.
I'd love that. Truly. I want to be the expert trash talker of the world. It's a dream. If you find someone, let me know.
I would love that too :-) I want the expert tools to verbally throw down with someone.
May the word counts be ever in your favor. http://www.sommerleigh.com
Be nice, or I get out the Tesla cannon.

Mira

Post by Mira » March 18th, 2011, 5:28 pm

Sommer Leigh wrote:
Mira wrote:

I would love that too :-) I want the expert tools to verbally throw down with someone.
Agreed. I want to be the biggest bad-ass in town. We gotta find someone to teach us the smack-down!