Bransford Blog Bracket Challenge!!!

Because that novel isn't going to delay itself
veela-valoom

Re: Bransford Blog Bracket Challenge!!!

Post by veela-valoom » March 18th, 2011, 6:11 pm

knight_tour wrote:
veela-valoom wrote:
Matthew Rush wrote:I'm looking everywhere for video or at least audio of the Sydney Johnson (Princeton's coach) post game conference. I don't care if you like basketball or hate it. It doesn't matter if you think the ivy league is nothing but a bunch of evil WASPs. It's inspiring. The video should be available soon. If you can't catch sportscenter, check Youtube tomorrow morning; it's not long, and it's worth watching.
I heard it was good (even UK fans said that). I absolutely HATE that the past 2 years we've been put up against Ivy League schools. Princeton seems classy and they played great. I'd rather play someone else. I think the NCAA likes to pit UK as the "stupid kids" against the "Smart kids" of the likes of Cornell & Princeton. It bothers me that there is a lot of implication about UK players being stupid. Our point guard had a 4.0 coming out of high school and had a 4.0 his first semester at UK.

I was also really irritated that Morehead had to play Louisville. Almost every time they make the tournament they put those teams against each other. Glad Morehead got the win but I'd like to see a different match-up.

(PS with Morehead winning, Kentucky winning and Louisville losing my state is very happy today).
Yeah, the committee likes to say they don't arrange certain matchups, but they are clearly lying. For instance, they put Memphis on Arizona because the Memphis coach was a player and assistant there.
The NCAA lies all the time. For example the big one where they say that their mission is to serve the student athletes. Then they change to make it harder for students to pull out of the NBA draft so it's easier for coaches to recruit.

Seriously I don't respect the NCAA at all! I really want the coaches/schools to revolt.

Down the well

Post by Down the well » March 18th, 2011, 7:32 pm

Somebody unleashed their inner editor on my bracket. The whole right side is marked up in pink with strike-throughs everywhere. I don't think that's good.

Matthew MacNish

Post by Matthew MacNish » March 18th, 2011, 8:22 pm

We need to get Kevin Garnett to come teach us how to trash talk. Bryan (Ink), could you get on that? Matter of fact, could you get on this thread? Don't think the fact that you have an awesome new day job means you don't have to throw down in here.

Nathan Bransford

Post by Nathan Bransford » March 18th, 2011, 10:16 pm

Games haven't been too exciting today, here's hoping the evening games bring some action.

Matthew MacNish

Post by Matthew MacNish » March 18th, 2011, 10:41 pm

Nathan Bransford wrote:Games haven't been too exciting today, here's hoping the evening games bring some action.
You West Coast people get to enjoy so many more games! I do agree though, nothing like yesterday so far.

veela-valoom

Post by veela-valoom » March 18th, 2011, 11:39 pm

Matthew Rush wrote:
Nathan Bransford wrote:Games haven't been too exciting today, here's hoping the evening games bring some action.
You West Coast people get to enjoy so many more games! I do agree though, nothing like yesterday so far.
Yesterdays were better but the VCU vs Georgetown game is interesting and Washing vs Georgia has been a battle so far.

Matthew MacNish

Post by Matthew MacNish » March 18th, 2011, 11:58 pm

veela-valoom wrote:Yesterdays were better but the VCU vs Georgetown game is interesting and Washing vs Georgia has been a battle so far.
VCU G'town might be interesting if you picked VCU. For me it's excruciating. Huskies/Dawgs is pretty good though, you're right. I live in GA, but I'm from Seattle, so I just support the Huskies very quietly.

veela-valoom

Post by veela-valoom » March 19th, 2011, 12:13 am

Matthew Rush wrote:
veela-valoom wrote:Yesterdays were better but the VCU vs Georgetown game is interesting and Washing vs Georgia has been a battle so far.
VCU G'town might be interesting if you picked VCU. For me it's excruciating. Huskies/Dawgs is pretty good though, you're right. I live in GA, but I'm from Seattle, so I just support the Huskies very quietly.
Nobody picked VCU. That's the shocker! The talking heads were ranting about VCU getting into the tourney then they take down a good team. (Though they were just talking about a Gtown senior and it made me sad).

I picked Washington but Georgia is SEC so it's interesting to watch. We played both this season.

Nicole Zoltack

Post by Nicole Zoltack » March 19th, 2011, 12:25 am

Georgetown losing hurt. Ouch. Had them all the way to the Elite Eight.

Only had 5 wrong, (as long as Syracuse wins) but losing an Elite Eight already hurts.

knight_tour

Post by knight_tour » March 19th, 2011, 3:05 am

veela-valoom wrote:
Matthew Rush wrote:
Nobody picked VCU. That's the shocker! The talking heads were ranting about VCU getting into the tourney then they take down a good team. (Though they were just talking about a Gtown senior and it made me sad).

I picked Washington but Georgia is SEC so it's interesting to watch. We played both this season.
I had originally picked the play in team to win, but I thought it would be USC. When they lost I went back and changed my pick. Too bad.

Mira, your team is so bad, they should all be literary agents!

Whoa! Check out my number 2 bracket, wish I'd used this one! - http://games.espn.go.com/tcmen/en/entry?entryID=1328679

aspiring_x

Post by aspiring_x » March 19th, 2011, 8:47 am

veela-valoom wrote: Nobody picked VCU. That's the shocker! The talking heads were ranting about VCU getting into the tourney then they take down a good team. (Though they were just talking about a Gtown senior and it made me sad).

I PICKED VCU!!!!!! whoo hooo!!!!!! you know why? because i'm conviced it stands for vic caswell university (my name!)!! i think they are just about the only game i got right last night!!!! eeks! my bracket looks like a hemophiliac got a papercut all over it!!!! but at least that win got me tied with my hubs... for now...

@matt- your state sucks.
*cries*

aspiring_x

Post by aspiring_x » March 19th, 2011, 10:45 am

knight_tour wrote: Mira, your team is so bad, they should all be literary agents!
@ ted- your team is so bad Mira should rep them! :P

Nathan Bransford

Post by Nathan Bransford » March 19th, 2011, 11:52 am

Matthew Rush wrote:
Yeah, watching sports on the West Coast has one major advantage: you're done at 10pm.

veela-valoom

Post by veela-valoom » March 19th, 2011, 11:56 am

I'm jealous of the west coast people. I've been staying up till midnight watching games this week (that plus the time change made for a rough work week).

knight_tour

Post by knight_tour » March 19th, 2011, 1:31 pm

I'm in Baku, so I would literally have to stay awake all night to watch them all. Luckily my Arizona game was on at ten PM here.