Bransford Blog Bracket Challenge!!!

Because that novel isn't going to delay itself
User avatar
Matthew MacNish
Posts: 285
Joined: March 5th, 2010, 4:31 pm
Location: Georgia
Contact:

Re: Bransford Blog Bracket Challenge!!!

Post by Matthew MacNish » March 17th, 2011, 4:07 pm

Wow. Only 4 people still at 100%, Louisville screwed more than just me!

Way to go Dr. Helvig, your bracket is looking most excellent so far.

trixie
Posts: 311
Joined: January 4th, 2011, 12:35 pm
Contact:

Re: Bransford Blog Bracket Challenge!!!

Post by trixie » March 17th, 2011, 6:52 pm

Dear Louisville...

You suck. You've ruined my chances at a query, thankyouverymuch.

::huff::puff::

Okay, it's only the first round.

User avatar
Matthew MacNish
Posts: 285
Joined: March 5th, 2010, 4:31 pm
Location: Georgia
Contact:

Re: Bransford Blog Bracket Challenge!!!

Post by Matthew MacNish » March 17th, 2011, 7:17 pm

Vic and I are tied for second, W00T (for the next hour or two)!

User avatar
Matthew MacNish
Posts: 285
Joined: March 5th, 2010, 4:31 pm
Location: Georgia
Contact:

Re: Bransford Blog Bracket Challenge!!!

Post by Matthew MacNish » March 17th, 2011, 7:28 pm

I'm looking everywhere for video or at least audio of the Sydney Johnson (Princeton's coach) post game conference. I don't care if you like basketball or hate it. It doesn't matter if you think the ivy league is nothing but a bunch of evil WASPs. It's inspiring. The video should be available soon. If you can't catch sportscenter, check Youtube tomorrow morning; it's not long, and it's worth watching.

veela-valoom
Posts: 38
Joined: March 16th, 2010, 11:44 am
Contact:

Re: Bransford Blog Bracket Challenge!!!

Post by veela-valoom » March 17th, 2011, 8:29 pm

Matthew Rush wrote:I'm looking everywhere for video or at least audio of the Sydney Johnson (Princeton's coach) post game conference. I don't care if you like basketball or hate it. It doesn't matter if you think the ivy league is nothing but a bunch of evil WASPs. It's inspiring. The video should be available soon. If you can't catch sportscenter, check Youtube tomorrow morning; it's not long, and it's worth watching.
I heard it was good (even UK fans said that). I absolutely HATE that the past 2 years we've been put up against Ivy League schools. Princeton seems classy and they played great. I'd rather play someone else. I think the NCAA likes to pit UK as the "stupid kids" against the "Smart kids" of the likes of Cornell & Princeton. It bothers me that there is a lot of implication about UK players being stupid. Our point guard had a 4.0 coming out of high school and had a 4.0 his first semester at UK.

I was also really irritated that Morehead had to play Louisville. Almost every time they make the tournament they put those teams against each other. Glad Morehead got the win but I'd like to see a different match-up.

(PS with Morehead winning, Kentucky winning and Louisville losing my state is very happy today).

User avatar
Matthew MacNish
Posts: 285
Joined: March 5th, 2010, 4:31 pm
Location: Georgia
Contact:

Re: Bransford Blog Bracket Challenge!!!

Post by Matthew MacNish » March 17th, 2011, 8:46 pm

veela-valoom wrote:I heard it was good (even UK fans said that). I absolutely HATE that the past 2 years we've been put up against Ivy League schools. Princeton seems classy and they played great. I'd rather play someone else. I think the NCAA likes to pit UK as the "stupid kids" against the "Smart kids" of the likes of Cornell & Princeton. It bothers me that there is a lot of implication about UK players being stupid. Our point guard had a 4.0 coming out of high school and had a 4.0 his first semester at UK.

I was also really irritated that Morehead had to play Louisville. Almost every time they make the tournament they put those teams against each other. Glad Morehead got the win but I'd like to see a different match-up.

(PS with Morehead winning, Kentucky winning and Louisville losing my state is very happy today).
That seems so dumb to me. I know UK is no Stanford, but it's actually a great academic school. I'm not an expert on SEC academics, but my understanding is that after Vandy, UK is one of the best. It's certainly no UGA, SC or FLA.

I do understand your frustration though, network TV can be shameless in the pandering they resort to. I'm personally amazed Duke isn't playing Michigan after the fab five/Grant Hill/Juwan Howard/Uncle Tom scandal.

User avatar
aspiring_x
Posts: 210
Joined: January 15th, 2010, 9:44 am
Location: Marysville, Kansas
Contact:

Re: Bransford Blog Bracket Challenge!!!

Post by aspiring_x » March 17th, 2011, 9:13 pm

Matthew Rush wrote:Vic and I are tied for second, W00T (for the next hour or two)!
ohman! i missed that! had to work. and man alive! the radio that plays in the kitchen didn't even give b-ball score updates. can you believe that?!!?
came home and two boys were building a swimming pool in the bathroom with the amount of oversplash they tubbed, and the other boy had a 102! jiminey! i think scoring high on this ((so far- *crosses fingers and spins thrice*)) has been the highlight of the day! :P
seriously though, it seems like most the points are really close tonight!
matt! i notice that we have the same picks for the rest of the evening. let's hope we both get them right!
and how come i don't recognize hardly any names on this list?????
and SOMMER!!! where are you!?!?!?! where is your bracket!?!?!? what happened!?!?!?

veela-valoom
Posts: 38
Joined: March 16th, 2010, 11:44 am
Contact:

Re: Bransford Blog Bracket Challenge!!!

Post by veela-valoom » March 17th, 2011, 9:29 pm

Matthew Rush wrote:
veela-valoom wrote:I heard it was good (even UK fans said that). I absolutely HATE that the past 2 years we've been put up against Ivy League schools. Princeton seems classy and they played great. I'd rather play someone else. I think the NCAA likes to pit UK as the "stupid kids" against the "Smart kids" of the likes of Cornell & Princeton. It bothers me that there is a lot of implication about UK players being stupid. Our point guard had a 4.0 coming out of high school and had a 4.0 his first semester at UK.

I was also really irritated that Morehead had to play Louisville. Almost every time they make the tournament they put those teams against each other. Glad Morehead got the win but I'd like to see a different match-up.

(PS with Morehead winning, Kentucky winning and Louisville losing my state is very happy today).
That seems so dumb to me. I know UK is no Stanford, but it's actually a great academic school. I'm not an expert on SEC academics, but my understanding is that after Vandy, UK is one of the best. It's certainly no UGA, SC or FLA.

I do understand your frustration though, network TV can be shameless in the pandering they resort to. I'm personally amazed Duke isn't playing Michigan after the fab five/Grant Hill/Juwan Howard/Uncle Tom scandal.
Last year we had a low GPA. But it was mainly because one specific player did not finish his courses/finish in good standing when he left for the draft. He has admitted and apologized. UK isn't Vandy but you can get a good education there (it's not where I went but I know people who have).

Honestly I think it would be VERY VERY hard to keep a good GPA playing college basketball. Seriously it's like a full time job. And in Kentucky it makes you a celebrity. Our lone senior apparently goes to class, plays basketball, does extra practice to get in shape, volunteers at an animal shelter, goes reads to kid. Honestly I admire D1 college athletes because I don't think I could keep a good GPA with the demands of their schedules.

Some talking heads through they were going to put UK against Morehead for their first game. Thank GOODNESS they didn't do that. Most UK fans are Morehead fans and vice versus. And if anyone tries to tell me they didn't put UK against WVU as a rematch for the WVU upset last year, I'll laugh at them. Our coach has lost all but one game to Huggins. The NCAA is trying to create drama with that game.

User avatar
aspiring_x
Posts: 210
Joined: January 15th, 2010, 9:44 am
Location: Marysville, Kansas
Contact:

Re: Bransford Blog Bracket Challenge!!!

Post by aspiring_x » March 17th, 2011, 9:30 pm

dude!!!!!!!!!
they're just starting some games! yikes! i didn't realize they went so late in the night!
ucla is whooping on michigan right now. ohno! lots of my family picked "my chicken state!"

ginnymartyn
Posts: 5
Joined: March 17th, 2011, 6:29 am
Contact:

Re: Bransford Blog Bracket Challenge!!!

Post by ginnymartyn » March 17th, 2011, 9:45 pm

thanks for nothing Vandy and Louisville...Booooooooo.

ginnymartyn
Posts: 5
Joined: March 17th, 2011, 6:29 am
Contact:

Re: Bransford Blog Bracket Challenge!!!

Post by ginnymartyn » March 17th, 2011, 9:48 pm

On the bright side Jimmer is quite the all-star. But we knew this.

User avatar
Matthew MacNish
Posts: 285
Joined: March 5th, 2010, 4:31 pm
Location: Georgia
Contact:

Re: Bransford Blog Bracket Challenge!!!

Post by Matthew MacNish » March 17th, 2011, 10:02 pm

This is completely off topic, but was anyone aware that Jimmer Fredette's big brother, TJ, is a white Mormon rapper from upstate New York?



I understand that seems like a complete contradiction, but I find it very interesting, and a lot less lame than I thought I would when I first heard about it.

veela-valoom
Posts: 38
Joined: March 16th, 2010, 11:44 am
Contact:

Re: Bransford Blog Bracket Challenge!!!

Post by veela-valoom » March 17th, 2011, 10:10 pm

ginnymartyn wrote:thanks for nothing Vandy and Louisville...Booooooooo.
I knew Vandy was only good at home and I picked them anyway. What is WRONG with me?

Michigan State is also messing me up. Why do I have so much faith in Izzo?

ginnymartyn
Posts: 5
Joined: March 17th, 2011, 6:29 am
Contact:

Re: Bransford Blog Bracket Challenge!!!

Post by ginnymartyn » March 17th, 2011, 10:16 pm

Matthew Rush wrote:This is completely off topic, but was anyone aware that Jimmer Fredette's big brother, TJ, is a white Mormon rapper from upstate New York?



I understand that seems like a complete contradiction, but I find it very interesting, and a lot less lame than I thought I would when I first heard about it.
Whaaaaaaaat???????????

User avatar
Matthew MacNish
Posts: 285
Joined: March 5th, 2010, 4:31 pm
Location: Georgia
Contact:

Re: Bransford Blog Bracket Challenge!!!

Post by Matthew MacNish » March 17th, 2011, 10:19 pm

veela-valoom wrote:
ginnymartyn wrote:thanks for nothing Vandy and Louisville...Booooooooo.
I knew Vandy was only good at home and I picked them anyway. What is WRONG with me?

Michigan State is also messing me up. Why do I have so much faith in Izzo?
I was thinking more about Lucas than Izzo, but Lucas was hurt forever, and Izzo isn't on the court. *facepalm*

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests