8 Inches of Snow in Atlanta

Because that novel isn't going to delay itself
charlotte49ers

Re: 8 Inches of Snow in Atlanta

Post by charlotte49ers » January 14th, 2011, 7:58 pm

My picture from the night it snowed. :D

I'm so beyond over it now. Bring on Spring!! Like I said, once the holidays are over, I'm pretty well done with winter. Though it was fun for the first few days, but now I have to make up two school days + any others we miss the rest of this winter. And considering most of our snow days come at the end of Jan./Feb., I'm none too happy.

Cookie

Post by Cookie » January 15th, 2011, 10:20 am

dios4vida wrote:
<peers out at the gorgeous blue sky and sunshine> Umm...I don't think so, Robin, though being born and raised in the desert I celebrate the rain.

I think that if I keep this up, y'all are gonna hunt me down with pitchforks and eat Cheeky's chocolate cake in front of me without sharing. Oh, the torture!! I do like you all, I swear! :)

No cake for you!

Robin

Post by Robin » January 15th, 2011, 2:45 pm

Cookie wrote:
dios4vida wrote:
<peers out at the gorgeous blue sky and sunshine> Umm...I don't think so, Robin, though being born and raised in the desert I celebrate the rain.

I think that if I keep this up, y'all are gonna hunt me down with pitchforks and eat Cheeky's chocolate cake in front of me without sharing. Oh, the torture!! I do like you all, I swear! :)

No cake for you!

LOL!! You sound like the soup Nazi, but alas, I must agree. No cake for Dios....
Robin
"A glass slipper is only a shoe. Dreamers who only dream never have their dreams come true."

http://www.RobynLucas.com/

Cookie

Post by Cookie » January 15th, 2011, 4:53 pm

Robin wrote:
Cookie wrote:
dios4vida wrote:

No cake for you!

LOL!! You sound like the soup Nazi, but alas, I must agree. No cake for Dios....
That's who I was going for! Lol.

dios4vida

Post by dios4vida » January 15th, 2011, 9:38 pm

Robin wrote:
Cookie wrote:No cake for you!

:`-(

Now I'm sad. <sniffle>
Brenda :)

Inspiration isn't about the muse. Inspiration is working until something clicks. ~Brandon Sanderson

cheekychook

Post by cheekychook » January 15th, 2011, 10:01 pm

dios4vida wrote:

Now I'm sad. <sniffle>
Don't worry, dios4vida, I'll still give you cake. I like to give people cake. And, being a night person I'm not actually a big fan of sunshine. Too much glare. Too bright. I'll take a nice sunset though, if you have one to spare.
http://www.karenstivali.com

Passionate Plume 1st Place Winner 2012 - ALWAYS YOU
Published with Ellora's Cave, Turquoise Morning Press & Samhain Publishing

dios4vida

Post by dios4vida » January 16th, 2011, 7:05 pm

cheekychook wrote:
dios4vida wrote:

Now I'm sad. <sniffle>
Don't worry, dios4vida, I'll still give you cake. I like to give people cake. And, being a night person I'm not actually a big fan of sunshine. Too much glare. Too bright. I'll take a nice sunset though, if you have one to spare.
Now sunsets, we can do! Southern Arizona is famous for our sunsets. Did you see the photos I posted on the artistic talents thread? Hopefully those will earn me a piece or two of your cake. :)

Inspiration isn't about the muse. Inspiration is working until something clicks. ~Brandon Sanderson

Watcher55

Post by Watcher55 » January 16th, 2011, 7:07 pm

dios4vida wrote:
cheekychook wrote:
dios4vida wrote:

Now I'm sad. <sniffle>
Now sunsets, we can do! Southern Arizona is famous for our sunsets. Did you see the photos I posted on the artistic talents thread? Hopefully those will earn me a piece or two of your cake. :)
Do you get to see the full moon rise as the sun sets? One of those things I've never witnessed.

Robin

Post by Robin » January 17th, 2011, 10:29 pm

Sorry I hurt your feelings, Brenda. On the bright side, we didn't vote you off the island ;)

Since the sun finally came out and is melting the snow, I suppose you can have a small slice.
Robin
"A glass slipper is only a shoe. Dreamers who only dream never have their dreams come true."

http://www.RobynLucas.com/

dios4vida

Post by dios4vida » January 18th, 2011, 10:26 am

Robin wrote:Sorry I hurt your feelings, Brenda. On the bright side, we didn't vote you off the island ;)

Since the sun finally came out and is melting the snow, I suppose you can have a small slice.
Aw, I can stay?! AND have cake?! Yippee!!

Sending warm, sunny thoughts your way! :)

Mike Dickson

Post by Mike Dickson » January 18th, 2011, 5:03 pm

It's snowed 38 of the last 46 days. We have at the very least 3 feet of snow on the ground with 6 foot snow banks. It's supposed to be a high of 3, yes 3 degrees with a low of -30. Yet, I still wear a spring jacket year round. Born and raised Minnesotan, ya can't beat em.

Watcher55

Post by Watcher55 » January 18th, 2011, 5:07 pm

Mike Dickson wrote:It's snowed 38 of the last 46 days. We have at the very least 3 feet of snow on the ground with 6 foot snow banks. It's supposed to be a high of 3, yes 3 degrees with a low of -30. Yet, I still wear a spring jacket year round. Born and raised Minnesotan, ya can't beat em.
That's only 'cause you can't get close enough to 'em without eight good dogs and a sled.