What is your favorite thing about this time of year?

Because that novel isn't going to delay itself
Down the well

Re: What is your favorite thing about this time of year?

Post by Down the well » December 18th, 2010, 9:55 am

Sommer, that's adorable! She really lounges in the tree? Too funny.

dios4vida

Post by dios4vida » December 18th, 2010, 10:27 am

I do my best to keep my cats out of the Christmas tree...but the temptation is sometimes just a little too much. This is Twerp (and trust me, she earned that namesake!) I haven't caught her IN the tree yet, but this was right before I had to pull her out.
Attachments
20101126_BP_1144.JPG
20101126_BP_1144.JPG (18.83 KiB) Viewed 5505 times
Brenda :)

Inspiration isn't about the muse. Inspiration is working until something clicks. ~Brandon Sanderson

Claudie

Post by Claudie » December 18th, 2010, 10:42 am

M'hahaha, your cats are so cute.

Last year mine wouldn't go anywhere near the Christmas tree. He went all around the sofas to avoid it. He's terrified of tinsel, and I think he doesn't like Christmas. Must be because he's black. He's a Halloween cat only. ;)

Now he sometimes drinks from the tree's water, but still won't approach it much. It's hilarious.
"I do not think there is any thrill [...] like that felt by the inventor as he sees some creation of the brain unfolding to success... Such emotions make a man forget food, sleep, friends, love, everything." -- Nikola Tesla

Watcher55

Post by Watcher55 » December 18th, 2010, 11:20 am

Tree day is late this year (busy busy busy) but,today is it. Time for Manheim Steamroller.

dios4vida

Post by dios4vida » December 18th, 2010, 11:34 am

Watcher55 wrote:Tree day is late this year (busy busy busy) but,today is it. Time for Manheim Steamroller.
Aah, Watcher! A man after my own heart!! Babylon 5, Mannheim Steamroller, Reisen candies...you certainly do belong on the Bransforums!! :)
Brenda :)

Inspiration isn't about the muse. Inspiration is working until something clicks. ~Brandon Sanderson

Watcher55

Post by Watcher55 » December 18th, 2010, 11:38 am

dios4vida wrote:
Watcher55 wrote:Tree day is late this year (busy busy busy) but,today is it. Time for Manheim Steamroller.
Aah, Watcher! A man after my own heart!! Babylon 5, Mannheim Steamroller, Reisen candies...you certainly do belong on the Bransforums!! :)
I'm glad I'm not operating machinery right about now. :blush:

Sommer Leigh

Post by Sommer Leigh » December 18th, 2010, 12:47 pm

Watcher55 wrote:
dios4vida wrote:
I'm glad I'm not operating machinery right about now. :blush:

Awe! Blushing looks good on you!

Trivia time! Everyone gather round! The Mannheim Steamrollers is a group out of Omaha (where I am from and currently living.) The group is produced and the music composed by a man named Chip Davis. I lived just down the hill from Chip Davis when I was growing up (my family still lives there.) It is out in the middle of no where and he is kind of a strange guy. There are Grecian pillars in his front yard. Three of them. They don't go to anything, they are just on top of a hill of grass. Also totem poles flank the front gate and even though there is a MASSIVE gate over the driveway, it is not attached to a fence around the house, so the gate only protects the driveway from stupid interlopers who can't figure out how to get out of their car and walk around it. Also, he sometimes throws parties in his front yard with speakers so larger that I would often be woken from sleep on a Saturday morning because my walls were shaking as the band warmed up.

You have now just taken a trip down memory lane when I was a little Sommer. Hope you enjoyed!
May the word counts be ever in your favor. http://www.sommerleigh.com
Be nice, or I get out the Tesla cannon.

Sommer Leigh

Post by Sommer Leigh » December 18th, 2010, 1:17 pm

One more!!! Yes she is really lounging in the tree. She was running around the house crying and making weird noises and not being subdued by pets or attention. Then she ran into the living room, under the tree, and just started climbing up like someone had lit her tail on fire. Once she got about chest high she laid down across the branches, hooked her paws around them and hung out, finally made content.

r louis scott

Post by r louis scott » December 18th, 2010, 1:43 pm

I think my favorite thing about this time of the year (after cookies of course) is singing out loud. For some reason people are less likely to throw things at you if the song sounds christmassy enough.

Margo

Post by Margo » December 18th, 2010, 3:33 pm

r louis scott wrote:I think my favorite thing about this time of the year (after cookies of course) is singing out loud. For some reason people are less likely to throw things at you if the song sounds christmassy enough.
LOL. This reminds me I just sent the lyrics to 'Chipmunks Roasting on an Open Fire' to the soldier I adopted and encouraged him to organize a sing-along. Would be so cool. :)
Urban fantasy, epic fantasy, and hot Norse elves. http://margolerwill.blogspot.com/

Sommer Leigh

Post by Sommer Leigh » December 18th, 2010, 6:49 pm

Margo wrote:
r louis scott wrote:I think my favorite thing about this time of the year (after cookies of course) is singing out loud. For some reason people are less likely to throw things at you if the song sounds christmassy enough.
LOL. This reminds me I just sent the lyrics to 'Chipmunks Roasting on an Open Fire' to the soldier I adopted and encouraged him to organize a sing-along. Would be so cool. :)
That's awesome!

A follow up to my cat in a Christmas tree: we went to the pet store and got a big cat tree with lots of platforms for them to play on. I'm going to put it together and give it to them for Christmas. So they can climb their own tree instead of mine.

Watcher55

Post by Watcher55 » December 18th, 2010, 10:00 pm

Sommer Leigh wrote:A follow up to my cat in a Christmas tree: we went to the pet store and got a big cat tree with lots of platforms for them to play on. I'm going to put it together and give it to them for Christmas. So they can climb their own tree instead of mine.
Big mistake. It's a cat. The cat won't want it unless it's not for the cat. So you might oughta get it for your husband and let the cat have it.

cheekychook

Post by cheekychook » December 18th, 2010, 10:40 pm

Sommer Leigh wrote:
One more!!! Yes she is really lounging in the tree. She was running around the house crying and making weird noises and not being subdued by pets or attention. Then she ran into the living room, under the tree, and just started climbing up like someone had lit her tail on fire. Once she got about chest high she laid down across the branches, hooked her paws around them and hung out, finally made content.
One of my cats keeps skidding into the kitchen much like the way Kramer would enter Jerry's apartment on Seinfeld. WTH? I think it's Feline Mess With Your Human's Mind Week. Oh, wait, that's every week.
http://www.karenstivali.com

Passionate Plume 1st Place Winner 2012 - ALWAYS YOU
Published with Ellora's Cave, Turquoise Morning Press & Samhain Publishing

Sommer Leigh

Post by Sommer Leigh » December 20th, 2010, 1:45 pm

Watcher55 wrote:
Sommer Leigh wrote:A follow up to my cat in a Christmas tree: we went to the pet store and got a big cat tree with lots of platforms for them to play on. I'm going to put it together and give it to them for Christmas. So they can climb their own tree instead of mine.
Big mistake. It's a cat. The cat won't want it unless it's not for the cat. So you might oughta get it for your husband and let the cat have it.
Yes this is probably true. The really sad part is the cat in the christmas tree would probably rather have the box the cat tree came in. Oh well. In cats' eyes, all things belong to cats.