World Series

Because that novel isn't going to delay itself
Colonel Travis

World Series

Post by Colonel Travis » November 1st, 2010, 4:12 am

Got back from Game 4 and I want to puke. Texas has built the best team in franchise history, and except for Sat. night, they have failed to appear in this WS. Giants are at the top of their game, I have to tip my hat. Bumgarner was almost untouchable, can't believe he was in high school three years ago. Couple things:

Thing 1.) Never seen a U.S. flag bigger than this in my life

Thing 2.) Was sitting in the last row upstairs - and I don't know how many ballgames I've been to, maybe 147 gazillion - and Aubrey Huff hit probably the loudest HR I've heard from sitting that far away. See that darkness beyond the lower deck to the left of the RF foul pole? Ball sailed over those stands and hit the concourse floor. Distance was impressive but certainly not extraordinary. That sound, though. Geez. I will not forget it. Everyone always says "crack of the bat." But when someone connects like that I don't know how to describe it. Homicide? Whatever the hell it is, it ain't no crack. Not quite 10 years ago I saw Huff in AAA Durham before he had established himself with Tampa, and he hit the big wooden bull on top of the fence there - opposite field HR. Thwacked it good. It says, "Hit Bull Win Steak" so I guess he got a steak.

Goodness gracious. @#$%! Giants. Never thought they'd come out on top in the NL this year. Never thought the Rangers would totally fold, but SF is a huge part of the reason why.

dios4vida

Re: World Series

Post by dios4vida » November 1st, 2010, 7:00 pm

I'm jealous that you got to go, but that's totally awesome!! :)
Brenda :)

Inspiration isn't about the muse. Inspiration is working until something clicks. ~Brandon Sanderson

Mira

Re: World Series

Post by Mira » November 3rd, 2010, 3:35 pm

Go Giants!!

I don't watch sports, but I now know the names of the pitchers and that we have an awesome team. The noise from the parade in front of my building is reverberating through the entire office - even with doors shut.

Yay, Giants!!

p.s. Cool picture. Bet you had a blast at the game. :)