Nathan's on vacay. Should we have a party? Maybe a ball?

Because that novel isn't going to delay itself
Margo

Re: Nathan's on vacay. Should we have a party? Maybe a ball?

Post by Margo » October 12th, 2010, 11:12 pm

Mira wrote: Do we have any other food than weiners? Escargot? That's classy, and we could get them in the garden, then throw them at the band. That could work.
So I have a one of those huge silver expensive-looking coffee pots over on the refreshment table, filled with steamy, frothy white chocolate pumpkin latte, which I just spewed in sheer delight at the thought of throwing escargot at the Jonas Brothers.
Urban fantasy, epic fantasy, and hot Norse elves. http://margolerwill.blogspot.com/

cheekychook

Post by cheekychook » October 12th, 2010, 11:33 pm

Food to throw other than weiners...

Hmmm....

1. Toast---useful for provoking Rocky Horror flashbacks, plus you get to yell "toast" as you throw it, and it's always proper to toast at parties.
2. Spaghetti---it sticks when it's done.
3. Mashed potato---it sticks whether it's done or not.
4. Marshmallows---they bounce.
5. Jello---large color assortment.
6. Candy---who doesn't love a parade? Actually, I don't. But I enjoy throwing candy at the spectators.
http://www.karenstivali.com

Passionate Plume 1st Place Winner 2012 - ALWAYS YOU
Published with Ellora's Cave, Turquoise Morning Press & Samhain Publishing

Quill

Post by Quill » October 12th, 2010, 11:57 pm

I haven't been following this but I have a million dollars to contribute to the fun.

Claudie

Post by Claudie » October 13th, 2010, 12:34 am

cheekychook wrote:Food to throw other than weiners...

Hmmm....
[...]
5. Jello---large color assortment.
Can I be the Jello thrower? I really really want to!
"I do not think there is any thrill [...] like that felt by the inventor as he sees some creation of the brain unfolding to success... Such emotions make a man forget food, sleep, friends, love, everything." -- Nikola Tesla

Margo

Post by Margo » October 13th, 2010, 11:02 am

Quill wrote:I haven't been following this but I have a million dollars to contribute to the fun.
WOW, we could bedazzle a LOT of office furniture/disco balls and dodgeballs with a million dollars. Maybe with real diamonds even. The classy factor just increased exponentially.

I have bedazzled the following items:

Nathan's desk
Nathan's chair
All of Nathan's writing implements
Nathan's phone
Nathan's computer, keyboard, mouse, mouse pad, and monitor
Nathan's office plants
Nathan's bookshelves
Nathan's books (including all pages)
Nathan's coffee mug (inside and out)
Nathan's manuscripts
Nathan's mail
Nathan's stapler
Nathan's staple remover
Nathan's tape dispenser
Nathan's tape
Nathan's post-it notes
Nathan's white-out
Nathan's scissors
Any wall art on Nathan's walls (had to remove them before we knock down the walls anyway)
Nathan's light fixtures
Nathan's coat rack
Nathan's coat
Nathan's door
The lunch Nathan forgot about in the fridge
Nathan's assistant

This should be enough for multiple mod disco balls, decorations for the refreshment table, and goody bags to make us all feel like celebrities.

If we're going to throw jello, I suggest we use my gem ice mold as a jello mold so we can throw emerald-cut jello.

I also move that we all use either snooty British or New England lock-jaw accents. Oooooh, perhaps we should add jewel-encrusted masks and choose classy aliases. Muffy? Biff? Upscale neighborhoods and European cities for names? Milan? Paris? Vienna? Presidents' last names? Jefferson? Jackson? Kennedy? I say, Muffy, you reaaaally beaned Joe Jonas but good with that snail!
Urban fantasy, epic fantasy, and hot Norse elves. http://margolerwill.blogspot.com/

Mira

Post by Mira » October 13th, 2010, 7:28 pm

So, I wandered in here and there were all these office supplies covered in diamonds.

By the time I wandered out, it was odd. All the diamond covered office supplies had mysteriously disappeared.

So odd.

Um, except Nathan's old lunch. It started to move, and I got scared.

All of that is to say that we could use another million, Quill, when you get a chance. This time, give it directly to me, ok?

So, back to business. The jello thrower is set up, and I think Claudie should be official Jello-Thrower Leader. I can't think of a better person to lead the way in jello bombardment.

So, I'm worried that we need more entertainment. Aside from throwing jello and snails at pop stars, and watching diaper-wearing tamarinds dance, we don't have much on the agenda. What does one do at a formal ball? I was thinking of setting up a tattoo parlor in the corner, but is that enough?

cheekychook

Post by cheekychook » October 13th, 2010, 8:15 pm

Champagne pong, anyone?

(No, Margo, you may not bedazzle the balls, it will change the bounce-factor/trajectory and that is unacceptable...you may, however, bedazzle the glasses to your heart's content...and the Champagne bottles, too.)
http://www.karenstivali.com

Passionate Plume 1st Place Winner 2012 - ALWAYS YOU
Published with Ellora's Cave, Turquoise Morning Press & Samhain Publishing

Heather B

Post by Heather B » October 13th, 2010, 8:45 pm

Well I'm late to the party as usual, and Margo has already bedazzled my ball gown.

As an apology for not being there when we knocked out the walls I have brought an offering of Irish folk dances and traditional Scottish bagpipers. We can throw them in a corner for extra classy-ness.

I also thought we needed a 'risk factor' so I brought some Drop Bears from home. I've covered them in rhinestones and am stringing them up with Nathan's stuff, so just be careful where you dance :)

*For those that don't know, Drop Bears are like koalas but they don't like noise. They tend to drop down on the nearest noisy traveler.
Journey to the Cuckoo's Nest

http://heathermbryant.blogspot.com.au/

Margo

Post by Margo » October 13th, 2010, 8:52 pm

cheekychook wrote:Champagne pong, anyone?

(No, Margo, you may not bedazzle the balls, it will change the bounce-factor/trajectory and that is unacceptable...you may, however, bedazzle the glasses to your heart's content...and the Champagne bottles, too.)
What a FABULOUS idea. But I warn you, I have an unfair advantage. I know a professional beer pong player. Yeah, I know...what are the chances of that? I tell ya, I've been to interesting places and met interesting people who have taught me interesting things. Don't tell MI5 I'm here.
Heather B wrote:Well I'm late to the party as usual, and Margo has already bedazzled my ball gown.
You look so cute! Like Glenda the Good Witch...but shinier...and brighter.

Claudie

Post by Claudie » October 14th, 2010, 12:29 am

Mira wrote:So, back to business. The jello thrower is set up, and I think Claudie should be official Jello-Thrower Leader. I can't think of a better person to lead the way in jello bombardment.
I consider this a personal accomplishment. YAY! :D I'll get down to building teams so we can cover these walls with bright orange jello.

As for activities, how about a Post-It story? We all write a sentence on post-its and then try to arrange it into something sensible. Then we can waste hours trying to stick it around the jello'd walls. :P
"I do not think there is any thrill [...] like that felt by the inventor as he sees some creation of the brain unfolding to success... Such emotions make a man forget food, sleep, friends, love, everything." -- Nikola Tesla

bcomet

Post by bcomet » October 14th, 2010, 4:16 pm

Oh count me in too.

HillaryJ: Me and the Hotdog Weiners?
How could I resist?

Mira, you are too much fun!

I will be the one in the red cowgirl boots.

Margo

Post by Margo » October 14th, 2010, 5:06 pm

bcomet wrote:I will be the one in the red cowgirl boots.
[bedazzler gun in hand] Would you like those to be ruby cowboy boots?

bcomet

Post by bcomet » October 14th, 2010, 5:29 pm

Margo wrote:
bcomet wrote:I will be the one in the red cowgirl boots.
[bedazzler gun in hand] Would you like those to be ruby cowboy boots?
OMG, Go For It!!!

Margo

Post by Margo » October 14th, 2010, 6:19 pm

With HillaryJ in Edith Head, me in Dior, HeatherB in a fabu bedazzled ball gown, and bcomet in ruby cowboy boots, I'm thinking we need to incorporate a charity fashion show...to benefit struggling writers...like me.

And if I don't see any guys showing up soon, I'm inviting some models from Gucci and GQ, several really cute male vampires with lots of hair gel, a half dozen male angels with tattoos and killer bodies, three or four hot fallen angels willing to redeem themselves, six or eight metrosexual werewolves, a few college rowing teams, Harry Dresden, James Bond, John Constantine, and a couple extra demonologists (just for good measure).

bcomet

Post by bcomet » October 14th, 2010, 7:04 pm

Well, whoops, but if I auction off my ruby-red cowgirl boots, what's left?
I need me some dancing shoes.

I knew we were in for it when the paranormals got onto the party committee.
I say we send for some chickens.