Guest Post: Do It Now

Because that novel isn't going to delay itself
Ishta

Guest Post: Do It Now

Post by Ishta » October 6th, 2010, 12:35 am

My husband and I tried our hand at pursuing a business venture about a decade back. Without going into the painful details, I'll just say that we sucked and leave it at that. But despite our major suckage at trying to manage people and make money, we actually learned something! And it's something that applies to life as well as writing and business management. That little pearl of wisdom?

Do it now.

Those breakfast dishes you just created? Do them now, not after they've sat in the sink for a few hours (or days). That pile of crud your toddler leaves under the table after every meal? Clean it up now, not after it's had time to dry to the floor. The layer of dust you noticed coating the television when you went to check the weather? Deal with it now. That blog post you know you need to put together? Do it now. Got an idea for a picture book? Write it down now, while it's fresh in your mind. The schedule you've been meaning to write for yourself to keep yourself on-track and make sure you fit in writing time every day? You're at the computer reading this; open up a spreadsheet and do it now.

When you go through your day, as you see things that need to be done, just do them.

Now.

Mira

Re: Guest Post: Do It Now

Post by Mira » October 7th, 2010, 3:02 am

Ha! Love this. Thanks, Ishta. :)

Ishta

Post by Ishta » October 8th, 2010, 2:23 am

:-) I'm glad you liked it, Mira.

Rick Daley

Post by Rick Daley » October 8th, 2010, 11:14 am

As a professional procrastinator, I need kicks-in-the-butt like this!

Never put off until tomorrow what you can put off until the day after tomorrow...

Ishta

Post by Ishta » October 8th, 2010, 11:15 am

Ha! Rick, I'm a procrastinator at heart, too. In fact, I'm putting off doing the laundry right now. That's why I wrote this post - it's as much a reminder for me as for anyone else.