The SQUEE GOOD NEWS Thread

Because that novel isn't going to delay itself
maybegenius

Re: The SQUEE GOOD NEWS Thread

Post by maybegenius » November 11th, 2011, 12:35 am

Huge congratulations, Karen! It's so awesome to hear success stories from Bransforumers :)
aka S.E. Sinkhorn, or Steph

My Blog | My Twitter | YA!Flash Tumblr

Represented by Michelle Andelman of Regal Literary

GingerWrite

Post by GingerWrite » November 11th, 2011, 2:26 am

Wow, congratulations on getting another book contracted!
I have some fun news myself: I just finished NaNoWriMo, effectively completing the first draft of my second novel :D
"The more you read, the more you know. The more you know, the more you grow." - Dr. Suess
Worlds can grow and crumble beneath a writer's pen. We just need to find the right one.
http://startingonthewritepage.blogspot.com/ :)

CharleeVale

Post by CharleeVale » November 12th, 2011, 9:16 pm

I know the squee thread is usually used for writing stuff, but I just got some news that is so good I had to share in my other profession.

So yesterday, my agent called (my acting agent), and told me that I had been called in to an audition for an off-broadway musical that's in development for this coming spring. SQUEEEEE!

So yeah. I just had to say that.

CV

Guardian

Post by Guardian » November 13th, 2011, 3:40 pm

Squee #1; As few of you already know, after years of development my little angel finally opened her wings as the first novel of the Crystal Shade trilogy has been released two days ago. (More details in the link. The winged blondie who greets you there is my little, beloved heroine. :) ).
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=4352

Squee #2: I already got a request from a Spanish publisher as maybe they would translate and release Crystal Shade in Spanish home. :)

P.S.: Congratulations for your agent, Steph! Good luck in your newly started and hopefully prosperous endeavour! :)

maybegenius

Post by maybegenius » November 14th, 2011, 3:25 am

Congrats, Charlee, that's awesome! Good luck! (Or break a leg?)

Thanks, Guardian. Best of luck with yours.
aka S.E. Sinkhorn, or Steph

My Blog | My Twitter | YA!Flash Tumblr

Represented by Michelle Andelman of Regal Literary

Sommer Leigh

Post by Sommer Leigh » November 14th, 2011, 12:21 pm

CharleeVale wrote:I know the squee thread is usually used for writing stuff, but I just got some news that is so good I had to share in my other profession.

So yesterday, my agent called (my acting agent), and told me that I had been called in to an audition for an off-broadway musical that's in development for this coming spring. SQUEEEEE!

So yeah. I just had to say that.

CV
I think every squeeable moment is fair game! And this is certainly one of those so congrats!!! This is very, very awesome news.
May the word counts be ever in your favor. http://www.sommerleigh.com
Be nice, or I get out the Tesla cannon.

dios4vida

Post by dios4vida » November 17th, 2011, 5:57 pm

Oh my gosh!! I haven't checked into this thread in a while and LOOK AT ALL OF THE AMAZING NEWS!! That is fantastic, everyone! <beats down the beast of jealousy lurking behind me> Y'all are awesome! <sniffles back small tears of longing> I'm so happy for everyone!

I...uh...yeah, I have no squee news. But I'm working on it!

Congrats to everyone, again! :D
Brenda :)

Inspiration isn't about the muse. Inspiration is working until something clicks. ~Brandon Sanderson

Claudie

Post by Claudie » November 25th, 2011, 10:20 am

Karen, Charlee, that is sooo cool! Congrats and confettis to both of you! :D

And, and, I've got some squee myself! Some of you might know I started a one-year Creative Writing course this semester. Well, Squee #1 is the fantastic grades I'm getting. Squee #2 is that this week I met with one of my teachers, which I adore. It was supposed to be about my novel (which I was working on in his class), but never even touched the subject, except to mention I'd be writing it in his class next semester, too. Instead he told me that all he really wanted to say for the meet is that if I wanted to publish, I just had to keep going. That I had everything I needed, and that I was refreshing to read.

It's not much, but it felt SO good to hear. <3 Made a potentially crappy week amazing. :D
"I do not think there is any thrill [...] like that felt by the inventor as he sees some creation of the brain unfolding to success... Such emotions make a man forget food, sleep, friends, love, everything." -- Nikola Tesla

Mira

Post by Mira » November 26th, 2011, 12:31 pm

Boy, I missed alot of good news! Super congrats to everyone! Pretty good stuff! :)

Claudie - that's pretty wonderful. There is nothing more energizing than to validation - when you feel like someone 'gets' you and thinks you're on the right path! Very cool. :)

Claudie

Post by Claudie » November 28th, 2011, 12:29 pm

Mira wrote:Claudie - that's pretty wonderful. There is nothing more energizing than to validation - when you feel like someone 'gets' you and thinks you're on the right path! Very cool. :)
Thanks Mira! And you're right, energizing is the right word. ^^ I haven't felt this motivated to go back to my main WIP since the beginning of the semester. And it'S not just thinking I'm on the right path. It's wanting to prove I can do even better, too. :D
"I do not think there is any thrill [...] like that felt by the inventor as he sees some creation of the brain unfolding to success... Such emotions make a man forget food, sleep, friends, love, everything." -- Nikola Tesla

Sommer Leigh

Post by Sommer Leigh » November 28th, 2011, 12:47 pm

Not a writing SQUEE, but in my grown up job I organized a friendly competition at the hospital I work at for the annual food drive for our city's Food Bank. Because of the flooding in the Midwest this summer, our food bank is completely empty. Our competition and food drive was a HUGE success! My team won, though it was a close close close race, and I was interviewed about coming up with the competition. Granted, the picture they took of my team was kind of a terrible picture (my eyes are closed. Naturally.) but the interview was lovely!

So there's my squee good news for the week :-)
May the word counts be ever in your favor. http://www.sommerleigh.com
Be nice, or I get out the Tesla cannon.

Mira

Post by Mira » November 28th, 2011, 10:00 pm

Sommer, congratulations!! That's impressive! And how fun to be interviewed.

Also, shining at work is a very wonderful thing - very validating and fulfilling, and it doesn't hurt to have your boss look at you with approval. :D

Guardian

Post by Guardian » November 30th, 2011, 11:37 am

Squee! My second work just went online and available for purchase. Unlike my other recent release, the dreadnought fantasy novel, Crystal Shade, this one is just a tiny frigate, a little noir short, part of my new short story series. But regardless from it's size, I'm proud for this one as well.

HillaryJ

Post by HillaryJ » November 30th, 2011, 3:37 pm

Sommer, that's awesome!

Congrats on your frigate, Guardian. :)
Blog http://www.hillaryjacques.blogspot.com
Twitter http://www.twitter.com/hillaryjacques
CARNIEPUNK - http://books.simonandschuster.com/Carni ... 1476714158
as Regan Summers - The Night Runner series from Carina Press

Sleeping Beauty

Post by Sleeping Beauty » November 30th, 2011, 11:03 pm

Yesterday I signed with Pippa Masson at Curtis Brown Australia. :D I can't even find words for the way I feel now - and finding the right words is now my official job!