The SQUEE GOOD NEWS Thread

Because that novel isn't going to delay itself
Claudie

Re: The SQUEE GOOD NEWS Thread

Post by Claudie » February 2nd, 2012, 5:19 pm

This is so cool, Matt. :) Good luck with the book.
"I do not think there is any thrill [...] like that felt by the inventor as he sees some creation of the brain unfolding to success... Such emotions make a man forget food, sleep, friends, love, everything." -- Nikola Tesla

Mira

Post by Mira » February 13th, 2012, 6:51 pm

Wow Margo and Matt. Cool news!

MattLarkin

Post by MattLarkin » February 14th, 2012, 8:41 am

Mira wrote:Wow Margo and Matt. Cool news!
Thanks, Mira! I'm hard at work on book 2.
mattlarkin.net
larkinediting.com - freelance editing for fantasy and science fiction
ImageImageImage

Mira

Post by Mira » February 19th, 2012, 5:23 pm

MattLarkin wrote:
Mira wrote:Wow Margo and Matt. Cool news!
Thanks, Mira! I'm hard at work on book 2.

Awesome! :)

Ryan

Post by Ryan » February 22nd, 2012, 1:30 pm

That's great Matt! Feels good to release your baby I'm sure, but careful of that artist's postpartum thing. Happened to me for a good month after the release of my book. Don't wear out the keyboard checking sale's reports. :)

High five Margo or should I say High-five thousand. Very impressive.

Haven't checked my Kindle report in some time and was pleased to find 18 sales in the past month. Fine by me. Haven't done much in the way of pushing the book with all the crying (new little man!) going on around here.

Some new Squee News....I was invited to be part of a small press event at Powell's. I'm totally stoked to read and present at such an iconic establishment. If any of you are in the Portland area stop on by.
http://www.withoutrain.com/blog/a-littl ... ppearance/

Cheers
Ryan
My love of fly fishing and surfing connects me to rivers and the ocean. Time with water reminds me to pursue those silly little streams of thought that run rampant in my head.
http://www.withoutrain.com/

Mira

Post by Mira » February 22nd, 2012, 2:16 pm

Ryan, that is so cool! What a great feeling to be asked to participate in something like that. Awesome. :)

GingerWrite

Post by GingerWrite » February 23rd, 2012, 4:41 pm

So my book made it through the first round of the Amazon Breakthrough Novel Contest :)
"The more you read, the more you know. The more you know, the more you grow." - Dr. Suess
Worlds can grow and crumble beneath a writer's pen. We just need to find the right one.
http://startingonthewritepage.blogspot.com/ :)

trixie

Post by trixie » February 23rd, 2012, 7:22 pm

Margo and Matt--congrats on all the self pub victories!

Ryan--Wow, invited to speak? Excellent!

Ginger! Congrats on making it through the first round of ABNC! That's so cool!

Sweartagawd... one of these days I'm gonna post some SQUEE in here. It won't be today, might not be soon, but I WILL POST HERE!

Guardian

Post by Guardian » February 25th, 2012, 6:58 am

I never thought that any of my books is ever going to reach this, but on Amazon US, Anno Humanae Salutis (7 Post Meridiem XSS #1)'s present rank:
#2 in Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Fiction > Short Stories (Amazon US Best Seller Rank: #187)

Ryan

Post by Ryan » February 29th, 2012, 6:25 pm

Guardian wrote:I never thought that any of my books is ever going to reach this, but on Amazon US, Anno Humanae Salutis (7 Post Meridiem XSS #1)'s present rank:
#2 in Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Fiction > Short Stories (Amazon US Best Seller Rank: #187)
Sweet! Your site looks great. With those numbers you are guaranteed similar sales with your future releases of the trilogy.

High Five from the rainy Portland to Hungary.... :)
My love of fly fishing and surfing connects me to rivers and the ocean. Time with water reminds me to pursue those silly little streams of thought that run rampant in my head.
http://www.withoutrain.com/

MattLarkin

Post by MattLarkin » March 4th, 2012, 7:00 am

On the advice of another writer, I'm trying to give Children of Sun and Moon an early boost to increase visibility. What she suggested, was a Facebook event to encourage people thinking about giving it a try to do so on Monday. If anyone here is interested, check it out (and any Bransforumers are always free to send friend requests, just let me know who you are if your name is different).
mattlarkin.net
larkinediting.com - freelance editing for fantasy and science fiction
ImageImageImage

Quill

Post by Quill » March 5th, 2012, 4:06 pm

Sounds great Matt. Good luck with that.

cheekychook

Post by cheekychook » March 8th, 2012, 2:00 pm

Very excited to announce that the erotic romance novel I co-authored with fellow Bransforumer Karen Booth (Karenbb) will be released tomorrow by Ellora's Cave!

If you're over 18 and would like to check out the blurb or a brief excerpt you can do so by checking here: http://www.jasminejade.com/p-9719-long- ... overs.aspx

SQUEE! :D
http://www.karenstivali.com

Passionate Plume 1st Place Winner 2012 - ALWAYS YOU
Published with Ellora's Cave, Turquoise Morning Press & Samhain Publishing

Beethovenfan

Post by Beethovenfan » March 8th, 2012, 8:35 pm

Cheeky! It's been a while since we've heard from you. Good to have you back here at the forums. That's awesome news! Congratulations!
"Don't only practice your art, but force your way into its secrets, for it and knowledge can raise men to the divine."
~ Ludwig van Beethoven

Rachel Ventura

Post by Rachel Ventura » March 26th, 2012, 11:06 pm

I've made it halfway through a first draft. A microscopic "squee" in comparison to most everyone else here but a wow for me.

I do all my writing on a low-powered Acer Aspire One netbook, with a "lite" install of Windows XP that has the network drivers removed and no IE7 or Firefox. I use a full-screen text editor called Q10. It allows for formatting and indenting, on screen anyway, as when you open the documents in Notepad (they're just .txt files) the formatting disappears. But when done I plan on combining all the .txt files in Scrivener and printing that one long document, socking it away for some time and then editing with an old-fashioned red pencil. None of this fancy Track Changes stuff for me.

It's a YA sci-fi, total of 14 chapters each in a planned trilogy. I organized it that way because it's a sci-fi comedy (albeit with some heavy themes interspersed), and 14 x 3 = the answer to everything. :) I'll post more when done with at least this draft of book one. :)