You're invited to go BookOrTreating

Because that novel isn't going to delay itself
Em!

You're invited to go BookOrTreating

Post by Em! » October 1st, 2010, 12:31 pm

Hello, everyone! If you remember me from that ripped-out-heart querying merit badge Nathan featured on his blog a while back, you probably wouldn't be surprised to learn that I like writers/books as well as things of a fun-but-creepy nature.

SO, I am very happy to invite you to BookOrTreat.com, a UNICEF fundraiser and online Halloween party for book lovers.

All month we'll have a blog party with book+Halloween-themed posts on the BookOrTreat blog. (Today it's a new use for those scary, scary banned books.)

If you're a blogger, you can even join the blog party!

And of course, we're raising money for Trick-or-Treat for UNICEF in support of children's literacy & education, as well as their other lifesaving efforts. (Because yes, literacy does save lives.)

We completely understand that not everyone will be able to donate or blog along with us this month. If you love books, believe in UNICEF's work, and just want to help spread the word about a good cause we'll still consider you part of the BookOrTreat team and love you forever.

If you need any more convincing to check us out, here are Six Jekyll & Hyde reasons to support BookOrTreat. And considering where I am right now, I'll add a bonus seventh reason: we've got lots & lots of ORANGE.

BookOrTreat: UNICEF fundraiser & online Halloween party for book lovers

Merit Badger: featuring merit badges for writers & readers

Mira

Re: You're invited to go BookOrTreating

Post by Mira » October 4th, 2010, 1:09 pm

Cool Ermo - this sounds really fun! :)

Sommer Leigh

Post by Sommer Leigh » October 5th, 2010, 8:30 am

This is awesome! How much do I love October because of stuff like this?

Can't wait to check it out! Thanks for the info.
May the word counts be ever in your favor. http://www.sommerleigh.com
Be nice, or I get out the Tesla cannon.

Em!

Post by Em! » October 5th, 2010, 3:27 pm

Thanks, Mira & Sommer!

Yesterday on the BookOrTreat blog we had how to read tea leaves for writers, today we have Venn diagrams on zombies, and tomorrow we'll be off in yet another direction.

In other words, we're definitely open to a wide range of styles & topics for anyone who's interested in being part of the blog party or even guest posting. We hope you'll join us!
BookOrTreat: UNICEF fundraiser & online Halloween party for book lovers

Merit Badger: featuring merit badges for writers & readers