Rate your WiP Titles!

Because that novel isn't going to delay itself
Regan Leigh

Re: Rate your WiP Titles!

Post by Regan Leigh » August 7th, 2010, 9:26 pm

charlotte49ers wrote:lol

I must have put it in backwards. My birthday is July 8th, so 7/8 not 8/7. :-P But I'm still brilliant, right?
Bwahaha........ I laughed when I saw the congrats to your birthday. :D Nerd. Fix your info. ;)

Quill

Post by Quill » August 7th, 2010, 9:33 pm

Funny. I didn't figure you for a Leo, Amanda.

But I do figure Margo for one.

:)

Margo

Post by Margo » August 7th, 2010, 11:14 pm

charlotte49ers wrote:I must have put it in backwards. My birthday is July 8th, so 7/8 not 8/7. :-P But I'm still brilliant, right?
Oh, boy. I'm not actually supposed to confer brilliance and awesomeness on non-leo's. Union rules. But, since you obviously subconsciously recognize the total supremeness of being a leo, I can make you an honorary leo and you can keep the brilliance. Just don't wear the decoder ring in public or show anyone the secret tail-shake.
Urban fantasy, epic fantasy, and hot Norse elves. http://margolerwill.blogspot.com/

Margo

Post by Margo » August 7th, 2010, 11:15 pm

Quill wrote:But I do figure Margo for one.

:)
Smile when you say that. Oh, you did. Carry on.
Urban fantasy, epic fantasy, and hot Norse elves. http://margolerwill.blogspot.com/

otherside89girl

Post by otherside89girl » August 8th, 2010, 8:49 pm

Quill wrote:Not at all.
Oh. Well, thanks! And thanks, bcomet, as well.

I like both Delilah Wakes and The Devil's Utopia.

dios4vida

Post by dios4vida » August 9th, 2010, 1:35 pm

My favorites are RONNIE FOR REAL and THE DEVIL'S UTOPIA. I'm intrigued.

My WIPs are both high fantasy:

NO HILL WITHOUT TREASURE
THE BOK'TARONG (tentative title)
Brenda :)

Inspiration isn't about the muse. Inspiration is working until something clicks. ~Brandon Sanderson

Jaded

Post by Jaded » August 9th, 2010, 1:53 pm

Without having synopses, it's hard to pick a favorite.

Going off of titles alone, my favorites (in no particular order) are:

Ronnie for Real - This SOUNDS like something I would probably read. I know you're not supposed to judge a book by its cover (or title) but that's generally how I browse the stacks. I want something that is going to jump out at me, be it size, shape, color, or title. If I don't like the title, chances are I'm not going to read the jacket. I'm a very shallow reader. :)

The Devil's Utopia - This DOES sound intriguing for the reason that it almost seems to be an oxymoron. I'm not sure what it's about but it definitely gets the coveted "jacket read".

The Meeting of the Waters - Again, not sure what's it's about (were these explained somewhere and I'm just slow?) but it warrants a closer look. This title, in my mind, seems to go along with "All the Pretty Horses" or "The Horse Whisperer", it sounds like a good, dramatic read.

I have two WiPs and one that's still just being considered, possibly for NaNoWriMo.

My collection of non-fiction humor short stories has three titles at the moment as I can't seem to pick one. Feel free to laugh, it's exactly what I'm going for here.
1.) Nipples: The Cold Hard Truth
2.) Never Naked with the Lights On
3.) Ray of F**king Sunshine (My last name is Ray and I tend to be crotchety.) This is the one I'm leaning towards as it has more to do with the subject matter.

My other WiP is, again, non-fiction humor, but it also involves a lot of scientific research, interviews, etc. It's geared towards weight loss and body acceptance. "Of Course I Have A Fork In My Hand: True Tales of How My Fat Gene Ate My Skinny One"

The third Thought In Progress is humorous fiction (mixed with a liberal does of truth). It's about not writing a book. :) I have a problem with motivation and following through with what I say I'll do (on a literary front), so I thought I would simply call this one "Follow Through".

charlotte49ers

Post by charlotte49ers » August 9th, 2010, 10:55 pm

Regan Leigh wrote:
charlotte49ers wrote:lol

I must have put it in backwards. My birthday is July 8th, so 7/8 not 8/7. :-P But I'm still brilliant, right?
Bwahaha........ I laughed when I saw the congrats to your birthday. :D Nerd. Fix your info. ;)

Changed, but in my defense, it was backwards in the profile thingie! If you are an American, anyway. :D

And Margo, you crack me up. lmao I think I'm getting the best of both worlds…awesome Cancer and honorary Leo. It works. :-P

charlotte49ers

Post by charlotte49ers » August 9th, 2010, 10:57 pm

Oh, and thanks for the compliments on my titles!

otherside89girl

Post by otherside89girl » August 10th, 2010, 6:44 pm

Thanks for the compliments on Ronnie for Real!

Jaded, I really like the first one... Nipples: The Cold Hard Truth. That's hilarious.

And for the non-fiction humor one, I like it... but have you considered "...How My Fat Self Ate My Skinny One"? Instead of "Fat Gene"?

Jaded

Post by Jaded » August 10th, 2010, 9:40 pm

Thanks otherside, we aim to please.

I haven't thought about Self instead of Gene, but I do like the way it sounds. The title was just something that came out of my mouth one day before I had even thought of this project. I guess I'll see which way it goes and choose accordingly. If it ends up being narrative heavy, I'll probably go with Self, but if there's more of a scientific bent, it may be Gene.

I'm more indecisive than a magic 8 ball and probably less fun to shake.

Heather B

Post by Heather B » August 13th, 2010, 9:13 am

My current is 'A life in Death'. Don't know how good it sounds by itself but if you've read my query it makes sense. If not, I just really don't know...
Journey to the Cuckoo's Nest

http://heathermbryant.blogspot.com.au/

Jaded

Post by Jaded » August 13th, 2010, 9:51 am

"A Life in Death" puts me in the mind of someone coming through tragedy or something paranormal, possibly both. Without context it's hard to say, but I would probably pick it up to see what it was about.

maybegenius

Post by maybegenius » August 13th, 2010, 4:02 pm

"Of Course I Have A Fork In My Hand: True Tales of How My Fat Gene Ate My Skinny One"
This cracked me up for serious.

Ronnie For Real is very cute! It sounds fun and spunky.

My current WIP title is THE TICK-TOCK HEARTS, which I'm pretty pleased with.
aka S.E. Sinkhorn, or Steph

My Blog | My Twitter | YA!Flash Tumblr

Represented by Michelle Andelman of Regal Literary

midenianscholar

Post by midenianscholar » August 17th, 2010, 2:08 pm

Overall favorites: Ronnie for Real, Delilah Wakes. The sound of the R's in Ronnie/Real is catchy, and Delilah Wakes makes me curious.

THE TICK-TOCK HEARTS - I like it, pretty much for the same reason I like Ronnie for Real. The T's are catchy, and tick-tock is an unusual way to describe hearts, so I'm immediately interested.

The novel I'm currently querying:
THE FOUNTAIN'S EDGE - YA fantasy (retelling of Beauty and the Beast)

Current WIPs:
WEBBED - YA fantasy
POPINJAY - YA fantasy