Twitter party?

Because that novel isn't going to delay itself
Nathan Bransford

Twitter party?

Post by Nathan Bransford » August 2nd, 2010, 6:10 pm

Hey folks, I'm thinking of hosting a Twitter party/event/shindig some time in the coming weeks, and as I have not participated in too many myself I was wondering what you all think makes for a good Twitterfest and whether there have been any especially memorable ones that you would point me to as a success.

Likes? Dislikes? Requests?

Thank you!!

Regan Leigh

Re: Twitter party?

Post by Regan Leigh » August 2nd, 2010, 6:41 pm

Nathan Bransford wrote:Hey folks, I'm thinking of hosting a Twitter party/event/shindig some time in the coming weeks, and as I have not participated in too many myself I was wondering what you all think makes for a good Twitterfest and whether there have been any especially memorable ones that you would point me to as a success.

Likes? Dislikes? Requests?

Thank you!!

I host a chat and I've found it's really helpful to announce it a little early.

And there's nothing more annoying than popping online to see some awesome chat ending and you had no idea it was going to happen. Impromptu kinda sucks sometimes. :)

Holly

Post by Holly » August 2nd, 2010, 6:50 pm

Sounds like a blast. A literary theme would be fun... enter the party with a Shakespeare tweet ("Out, damned spot! Out, I say!") or a Star Trek tweet (oops, did I just say literary?) or a Somebody-Else-tweet.

Mira

Post by Mira » August 3rd, 2010, 12:39 pm

This is going to sound like I'm out of it, but I've been resisting the Twitter call. So, I'm not sure what a Twitter party is exactly, but it sounds like the host invites people to Twitter about a particular topic?

Well, any party you throw would be fun, Nathan. But if you're looking for popular themes.....you could glance through this and other writing forums and look at the most popular threads. That might tell you what people like to talk about. You could also pick something that just happened and everyone is buzzing about. Or you could do something silly and fun, but literary, like a limerick party; a worst grammatical mistake party; a potluck at Walden Pond party; or.....a Yoda party. :)

The whole thing sounds very fun!

Mira

Post by Mira » August 4th, 2010, 12:56 pm

Oh, I thought of another idea. You could do a 'You tell me' as a party. Those are always popular.

Although maybe not as fun for you. Or you could just talk about what you want to talk about. :)

HillaryJ

Post by HillaryJ » August 5th, 2010, 1:09 am

Twitter party! Nice, Nathan. I have a toddler, so twitter parties are about the only ones I get to "attend". I don't know if this was a party, but #movieswithbatman made me laugh until I cried, and the participation when it was in full swing was INTENSE. Yes, so intense that I "yell" about it. Maybe something like that with titles? Maybe the title of the best book that your favorite/least favorite author never wrote? Are these the kinds of suggestions you're looking for?
Blog http://www.hillaryjacques.blogspot.com
Twitter http://www.twitter.com/hillaryjacques
CARNIEPUNK - http://books.simonandschuster.com/Carni ... 1476714158
as Regan Summers - The Night Runner series from Carina Press