What superpower would you want?

Because that novel isn't going to delay itself
Mira

What superpower would you want?

Post by Mira » July 16th, 2010, 2:59 pm

If you could only have one, what superpower would you want? I'm really torn. I'd love to be able to fly. Could anything be more wonderful? And being invisible has it's appeal, but I think I'm going with telepathy. So, I could really know what people think!

Anyone else ever spend time thinking about questions like this? What super-power would you have?

Holly

Re: What superpower would you want?

Post by Holly » July 16th, 2010, 3:09 pm

Mira wrote:If you could only have one, what superpower would you want? I'm really torn. I'd love to be able to fly. Could anything be more wonderful? And being invisible has it's appeal, but I think I'm going with telepathy. So, I could really know what people think!

Anyone else ever spend time thinking about questions like this? What super-power would you have?
Sign me up for flying. I think I was a bird in a former life -- I often feel like taking off and flying over the fields (wait, that sounds really nuts). It would be handy, too -- you could just blow by everybody stewing in their cars.

I think I'd pass on telepathy. Most of us are pretty humdrum. I wouldn't want to hear all those complaints about traffic and what to buy at McDonald's. Being invisible would be cool, though. Limbs that could lengthen at will would be handy, too -- long cartoon arms.

dios4vida

Post by dios4vida » July 16th, 2010, 3:21 pm

No no no on the telepathy - I don't want to know what people really think of me. Uncensored thoughts frighten me.

I'd pass on the flying and go for teleportation. I'd love to just blink and be able to visit friends in other states, or travel to all the foreign places I'd love to see. Instant travel, all the way!
Brenda :)

Inspiration isn't about the muse. Inspiration is working until something clicks. ~Brandon Sanderson

Bryan Russell/Ink

Post by Bryan Russell/Ink » July 16th, 2010, 4:08 pm

I want Wolverine's mutant healing powers and longevity. Goodbye, chronic injuries! Hello, footballing career with Manchester United! Big steel claws would be kind of cool, too. Plus I'd save a lot in cutlery costs.
The Alchemy of Writing at www.alchemyofwriting.blogspot.com

Down the well

Post by Down the well » July 16th, 2010, 4:22 pm

Well, I want lasers that shoot out of my eyes. My son says I have a pretty good look already, one that makes him start apologizing for stuff he hasn't even done yet. That's a mom superpower. But lasers! I could start blasting people like crazy. The guy who cuts in line at Disney World - zapped. The teenager at Burger King who always gets the order wrong -- toast. The agent who rejected my...never mind.

* Also, has anyone else noticed that Mira is exceptional at distracting writers from their work? Keep it up. :)

Quill

Post by Quill » July 16th, 2010, 8:15 pm

The power to play totally awesome, righteous lead guitar.

Robin

Post by Robin » July 16th, 2010, 9:29 pm

I'd probably lean toward Rogue's ability- being able to capture another superpower.
Robin
"A glass slipper is only a shoe. Dreamers who only dream never have their dreams come true."

http://www.RobynLucas.com/

Mira

Post by Mira » July 17th, 2010, 4:48 pm

Down the Well - lol. Thank you! I'm honored. I've found I'm very good at distracting myself, and I thought I'd share my gift with others.

Maybe it's like my own special super-power?

Robin - you're so right! I switch to that one. :)

cheekychook

Post by cheekychook » July 18th, 2010, 12:33 am

I'd like to have the powers of Jeannie from I Dream of Jeannie. And they'd probably get me into just as much trouble as they got her. ;)
http://www.karenstivali.com

Passionate Plume 1st Place Winner 2012 - ALWAYS YOU
Published with Ellora's Cave, Turquoise Morning Press & Samhain Publishing

Heather B

Post by Heather B » July 18th, 2010, 12:58 am

Being able to control objects with my mind - it would make cleaning up a breeze.
Journey to the Cuckoo's Nest

http://heathermbryant.blogspot.com.au/

PaulWoodlin

Post by PaulWoodlin » July 18th, 2010, 8:44 am

Most of the mistakes I've made in my life came from an inability to tell what people are thinking (even when they are talking) so telepathy has a certain appeal to me. But Wolverine's healing factor or Bruce Willis' "Unbreakable' would be pretty high on the list, too.

Quill

Post by Quill » July 18th, 2010, 11:43 am

I said wicked guitarist, but I'd settle for being a really good drummer.

dios4vida

Post by dios4vida » July 19th, 2010, 11:28 am

Quill wrote:I said wicked guitarist, but I'd settle for being a really good drummer.
Since we're talking superpowers, Quill, you should go for wicked guitarist and really good drummer at the same time!
Brenda :)

Inspiration isn't about the muse. Inspiration is working until something clicks. ~Brandon Sanderson

CharleeVale

Post by CharleeVale » July 19th, 2010, 12:39 pm

Probably Telekinesis. Though flying would be cool too.

CV

ryanznock

Post by ryanznock » July 19th, 2010, 1:02 pm

Teleportation. I want to travel, and I can't afford it. Plus, fresh seafood every day, even if I live inland.