Page 9 of 9

Re: Forum game: Random facts about you

Posted: February 18th, 2011, 7:15 pm
by Moni12
JohnDurvin wrote:I prefer reading reference books to novels, including dictionaries and the Dungeons & Dragons Monster Manual. I worry that this does not bode well for my writing career.
I have a friend who is really intelligent, but he refuses to read fiction and would much rather read a textbook. He once said that when he was a child he thought if he read too much fiction there wouldn't be enough room left in his brain to learn things. He majored in Psychology and is now working towards his Masters, but there has been a couple of times when he had to read fiction for a class. One was a book by John Grisham which he used to kill a fly and said something along the lines that fiction was good for something.

Re: Forum game: Random facts about you

Posted: February 18th, 2011, 9:04 pm
by Quill
God I love this thread.

It's like the Ripley's Believe It Or Not of Bransford Forums.

Hey, I've contributed. I'll try to think of some more.

Re: Forum game: Random facts about you

Posted: February 26th, 2011, 12:43 pm
by JohnDurvin
Moni12 wrote:I have a friend who is really intelligent, but he refuses to read fiction and would much rather read a textbook. He once said that when he was a child he thought if he read too much fiction there wouldn't be enough room left in his brain to learn things. He majored in Psychology and is now working towards his Masters, but there has been a couple of times when he had to read fiction for a class. One was a book by John Grisham which he used to kill a fly and said something along the lines that fiction was good for something.
Yeah, but that guy's not trying to be a writer--that's what concerns me.

Also, I thought of another one--a great one for somebody to steal and use for a character, I won't mind. I used to be really nervous and shy, possibly with Social Anxiety Disorder, but a few years ago I somehow got out of it and am just fine now. Last night I think I figured out what happened: my misanthropy set in. The more I was around people, the more I realized they sucked, and if some obese jackass with a lopsided toupee gets to feel important, so do I, damn it. This idiot double-parked to come into the store where I work to yell at me because he bought a ten-dollar pen that doesn't have refills, and while I have to just sit there and take it if I want to keep my job, I can feel better when he leaves because, frankly, he's a moron and I'm not.

Re: Forum game: Random facts about you

Posted: February 26th, 2011, 9:03 pm
by Cookie
JohnDurvin wrote: This idiot double-parked to come into the store where I work to yell at me because he bought a ten-dollar pen that doesn't have refills, and while I have to just sit there and take it if I want to keep my job, I can feel better when he leaves because, frankly, he's a moron and I'm not.
Haha, I love it when people get irate for silly reasons.
My co-worker (I'm not saying a co-worker of mine, because there really are only two of us--if you disclude the VP) recently took a stress test, and apparently they base your stress level on your road rage. If you honk your horn at everything--you should probably get your blood pressure checked.

Re: Forum game: Random facts about you

Posted: February 27th, 2011, 10:48 pm
by Beethovenfan
Quill wrote:God I love this thread.

It's like the Ripley's Believe It Or Not of Bransford Forums.

Hey, I've contributed. I'll try to think of some more.
Freaking. Hilarious! Quill, you are too much!

Re: Forum game: Random facts about you

Posted: February 28th, 2011, 12:08 am
by sarahdee
Cookie wrote: Haha, I love it when people get irate for silly reasons.
My co-worker (I'm not saying a co-worker of mine, because there really are only two of us--if you disclude the VP) recently took a stress test, and apparently they base your stress level on your road rage. If you honk your horn at everything--you should probably get your blood pressure checked.
Ah but what if you live on a small remote island in Asia and you have to honk every 2 minutes to get the dogs and cows to move out of the way, not to mention the motorbikes as it is a strange fashion here to remove the mirrors so the only way they know you are behind them is to get up close and honk the horn. Also, its natural to honk hello, move over, dim your lights, when passing schools and when going around tight bends....The horn is God here and without it you might as well drive with a flat tyre.

I fear I shall go back to Europe one day and be arrested for over honking! Does that count as a random fact?

Re: Forum game: Random facts about you

Posted: March 14th, 2011, 6:57 am
by Matthew MacNish
I never have time to make it to the forums as much as I used to, but I really miss you guys. You people are so fun! Hi Vic, hi Quill, hi everybody!

A random fact about me? Hmm. I've been to almost every state in the U.S. but I have never left the continent of North America. Lame, I know.