Forum game: Random facts about you

Because that novel isn't going to delay itself
Margo

Re: Forum game: Random facts about you

Post by Margo » July 10th, 2010, 11:04 pm

Heather B wrote:I'm the only Australian that doesn't like the beach. Seriously. At least my dog shares my view.
Oh, cool. I'm the only Californian who doesn't like the beach. Glad I'm in good company.
Urban fantasy, epic fantasy, and hot Norse elves. http://margolerwill.blogspot.com/

Tori

Post by Tori » July 11th, 2010, 1:50 am

Ohh, I like this game! Let's see...

-Every time I enter a room I have to look behind the door and in the corners to make sure no one's there.
-I check the backseat of every car I ride in.
-If I'm alone at night and I hear a strange noise in the house I take a butcher knife and search all the rooms.
-I talk to my pets incecently when I'm alone with them.
-I often weed the flower beds at around three in the morning in the summer.
-I once got bored and made up a new symbols for the alphabet. Then I wrote with them every time I had a chance to for a few weeks.

Heather B

Post by Heather B » July 11th, 2010, 4:24 am

Margo wrote:
Heather B wrote:I'm the only Australian that doesn't like the beach. Seriously. At least my dog shares my view.
Oh, cool. I'm the only Californian who doesn't like the beach. Glad I'm in good company.
Wow. This is a monumental day. I knew I couldn't be the only one.

Another random fact is I have slight OCD. It's just little things; like no matter what I drink, or how expensive, I always leave a little in the end. I can never bring myself to finish that last mouthful :S
Journey to the Cuckoo's Nest

http://heathermbryant.blogspot.com.au/

RebeccaB

Post by RebeccaB » July 12th, 2010, 3:49 am

HillaryJ wrote:Also, I cry during 90-95% of the movies I watch. Also, about 10% of previews.
Ha, Ha, Ha,

This is totally me too.

My Facts: I spend my days looking after mice and rats, I am 27 and still don't have my license, and I have been with my husband since 1997.

RebeccaB

Post by RebeccaB » July 12th, 2010, 3:54 am

Heather B wrote:Another random fact is I have slight OCD. It's just little things; like no matter what I drink, or how expensive, I always leave a little in the end. I can never bring myself to finish that last mouthful :S
And I can attest to how annoying it is to clean up after a visit from Heather. Having to tip out the little bits of all the drinks she has had can be quite frustrating. Or, God forbid you don't see one of her cups, and it forms that nice ring of scum deep in the bottom of the glass.

Heather B

Post by Heather B » July 12th, 2010, 5:58 am

RebeccaB wrote:
Heather B wrote:Another random fact is I have slight OCD. It's just little things; like no matter what I drink, or how expensive, I always leave a little in the end. I can never bring myself to finish that last mouthful :S
And I can attest to how annoying it is to clean up after a visit from Heather. Having to tip out the little bits of all the drinks she has had can be quite frustrating. Or, God forbid you don't see one of her cups, and it forms that nice ring of scum deep in the bottom of the glass.
I hide them, just to see how good you are. ;) 9 out of 10 so far...
Journey to the Cuckoo's Nest

http://heathermbryant.blogspot.com.au/

CourtneyF

Post by CourtneyF » July 12th, 2010, 9:25 pm

aspiring x, I think you must secretly be my cousin, who had the same fear of JAWS.

Um, random fact about me...I sometimes daydream about throwing avocados at passersby. No, I'm not a mental case.

aspiring_x

Post by aspiring_x » July 12th, 2010, 10:12 pm

CourtneyF wrote:
Um, random fact about me...I sometimes daydream about throwing avocados at passersby. No, I'm not a mental case.
ooh! those things would hurt! well, the outside might splat if it's ripe enough... but the pit!

Regan Leigh

Post by Regan Leigh » July 13th, 2010, 2:17 am

Oh, my. Next Amanda is going to flip her eyelids and take a pic. :D *hugs my talented friend* ;)

Random fact, eh? Hm.

My parents couldn't agree on a girls name...until they watched The Exorcist. Yes, they both liked the name Regan. Aka, Linda Blair's possessed character's name.

I never eat pea soup. I promise.

Jaime

Post by Jaime » July 13th, 2010, 10:21 am

Okay, I've held off long enough . . .

I came close to dying at the age of 7 when I told my teacher I'd been bitten by a redback spider (black widows are the American equivalent), and she didn't believe me. The school receptionist took it upon herself to call my mother when she noticed I wasn't looking so good . . . and that wasn't a fun three days in hospital.

My husband and I went to kindy, primary school and high school together. We started dating in our final year of high school, 13 years ago last week :)

When I was 17 I spent ten days sailing in the Indian Ocean, and saw a star exploding in the night (just like the U2 song :D)

I almost cut off a young man's thumb - 3 days away from land. Oops :/

I suffer from sleep paralysis. You know how dreams only go for a couple of minutes, but it feels like hours? Imagine being awake while you're stuck in your worst nightmare - knowing that you're awake, but not realising that the nightmare isn't reality (which, oddly, mostly involve spiders. I wonder why that is?)

I've worked in a forensic mortuary, and unlike CSI, we do post mortems with THE LIGHTS ON. I know, right?

I once stopped a robbery.

And that's all I can think of for now :)

gsfields2004

Post by gsfields2004 » July 15th, 2010, 6:27 pm

I no longer drink Ouzo after an experience on the island of Crete. I drank way too much of an opium-based ouzo, decided to impress some ladies in a disco by diving stark naked from a cliff next to the dance floor balcony, hit a rock, lost a good amount of skin from my forehead and nose (it grew back...well most of it), staggered out of the sea, stepped on a sea urchin, fell backwards onto a rock, and sat on another sea urchin.

Although that was nearly twenty years ago, I'm pretty sure I'll never be able to run for public office.

It felt good to get that out in the open. :)

Down the well

Post by Down the well » July 15th, 2010, 6:38 pm

That was you? I always wondered what happened to that guy. :) Opa!

gsfields2004

Post by gsfields2004 » July 15th, 2010, 8:20 pm

Thank God that occured in pre-YouTube days, otherwise I'd be an e-lebrity...but not the good kind.

One of the Mad Ones

Post by One of the Mad Ones » July 16th, 2010, 12:48 am

wildheart wrote: I can't let my feet hang off the end of the bed (the whole someone hiding in the darkness waiting to hurt me scares the crap out of me!)
Uh, me too! When I was seven, I thought Hitler was under my bed because my parents divorced and Dad watched a lot of History Channel.

dios4vida

Post by dios4vida » July 16th, 2010, 11:43 am

One of the Mad Ones wrote:
wildheart wrote: I can't let my feet hang off the end of the bed (the whole someone hiding in the darkness waiting to hurt me scares the crap out of me!)
Uh, me too! When I was seven, I thought Hitler was under my bed because my parents divorced and Dad watched a lot of History Channel.
Wow, Hitler?! That would be creepy. I do the same thing, but my monsters are a bit more traditional. When I was really, really little I would imagine that tons of leaping cartoon forest animals circled my bed to keep the terrifying monsters at bay. It was very Snow White-esque.

When I got older and started exploring the giants of sf/f, I discovered that a lot of the monsters I'd imagined were very H.P. Lovecraft...frightening.

I'm 27 and married and still sometimes have problems getting out of bed at night to use the restroom or something. My husband bought me a little flashlight so that I can see and make sure I'm safe.

In a similar thread - I can't look in the mirror at night for fear of seeing something large and dangerous creeping up behind me. If I don't have my little Flashlight of Safety I will stare at my feet as I walk past the mirror and wash my hands so that I don't accidentally see the Untold Terror in the mirror. (hmm...I need to write a story about that!)
Brenda :)

Inspiration isn't about the muse. Inspiration is working until something clicks. ~Brandon Sanderson