Forum game: Random facts about you

Because that novel isn't going to delay itself
Mira

Forum game: Random facts about you

Post by Mira » June 24th, 2010, 1:01 pm

Thought I might start a new forum game and see if anyone is interested in playing.

I think the title is pretty self-explanatory in terms of instructions. :)

Okay, random fact about me: Even since I saw the movie Jaws, I can't go into the ocean. I'm scared a shark will get me. Also, I don't like beer -tastes like soap.

Margo

Re: Forum game: Random facts about you

Post by Margo » June 24th, 2010, 5:34 pm

Oh, heck, I'll play.

I'm addicted to cold sausage rolls, the kind you get at the corner off-license in the UK.
Urban fantasy, epic fantasy, and hot Norse elves. http://margolerwill.blogspot.com/

Down the well

Post by Down the well » June 24th, 2010, 5:57 pm

Mira wrote:Even since I saw the movie Jaws, I can't go into the ocean. I'm scared a shark will get me.
True for me as well.

But since we're writers, let's up the stakes. How about random embarrassing facts?

When I need a little inspiration I sometimes replay the youtube video of Susan Boyle auditioning for Britains Got Talent - and still get weepy.

Don't judge me.

Holly

Post by Holly » June 24th, 2010, 7:20 pm

I love that Susan Boyle video, too!

My facts: my eighty-pound collie sits on the couch with me while I write (yes, I have one of those houses). I take her to work with me, too. My favorite movies are Close Encounters and Master and Commander.

HillaryJ

Post by HillaryJ » June 24th, 2010, 8:29 pm

I am terrified of someone running me down and slicing my hamstrings. I believe this is due to watching too many documentaries about life in the Serengeti when I was younger.

Also, I cry during 90-95% of the movies I watch. Also, about 10% of previews.
Blog http://www.hillaryjacques.blogspot.com
Twitter http://www.twitter.com/hillaryjacques
CARNIEPUNK - http://books.simonandschuster.com/Carni ... 1476714158
as Regan Summers - The Night Runner series from Carina Press

Quill

Post by Quill » June 24th, 2010, 11:38 pm

I am watching the DVD of "Gidget" the 1965-66 TV show, and LOVING IT. I'm watching every episode in amazement at how cute Sally Field is, how amazing the wardrobe of the show is (the color combinations and the sixties styles), and how overall sweet the stories are.

cheekychook

Post by cheekychook » June 25th, 2010, 12:18 am

I worked as a freelance animator on PeeWee's Playhouse (no, I never met PeeWee).

I can read and write in mirror-writing without any extra effort.

While working at a NYC espresso bar I served coffee to Jack Nicholson, Robert DeNiro, Matt Dillon, and NYC’s ex-Mayor Ed Koch. (Matt Dillon was the best tipper.)

JAWS scared the **** out of me but, in my opinion, Castaway is the scariest movie ever made---it encompasses almost all my greatest fears---plane crash, nearly drowning in the ocean, being completely alone, having no one to talk to, having everyone you care about go on without you as if you don’t exist, and having dental issues----eeeek. The only thing missing was a spider!
http://www.karenstivali.com

Passionate Plume 1st Place Winner 2012 - ALWAYS YOU
Published with Ellora's Cave, Turquoise Morning Press & Samhain Publishing

aspiring_x

Post by aspiring_x » June 25th, 2010, 12:57 am

Mira wrote:
Okay, random fact about me: Even since I saw the movie Jaws, I can't go into the ocean. I'm scared a shark will get me.
Following suit with the Jaws theme, I've never seen the movie. But when I was a kid I saw the video cover at the movie rental place. Just seeing the cover was enough that I was too scared to SIT ON A TOILET for a month without my mom in the bathroom. I was convinced that the shark was going to swim up through the sewers and bite my bottom!

Quill

Post by Quill » June 25th, 2010, 1:06 am

I lived on a commune for seven years.

I stopped drinking milk when I was fourteen.

My first paying job was pruning Christmas Trees.

My current vehicle is a 1990 Chevrolet pickup which I bought new.

wildheart

Post by wildheart » June 25th, 2010, 10:07 am

aspiring_x wrote:
Mira wrote:
Okay, random fact about me: Even since I saw the movie Jaws, I can't go into the ocean. I'm scared a shark will get me.
Following suit with the Jaws theme, I've never seen the movie. But when I was a kid I saw the video cover at the movie rental place. Just seeing the cover was enough that I was too scared to SIT ON A TOILET for a month without my mom in the bathroom. I was convinced that the shark was going to swim up through the sewers and bite my bottom!
aspiring x- I am STILL laughing over your comment, and its been like five minutes already. You just made my day:D

Random Facts About Me:

I can't let my feet hang off the end of the bed (the whole someone hiding in the darkness waiting to hurt me scares the crap out of me!)

I hate Twinkies.

House is my favorite TV show (which I'm not afraid to admit. But I am cowering in a corner when I say I watch soap operas from time to time. Okay, maybe more than that.)

Scary movies don't scare me...well, all but Pumpkin Head. I still get nightmares of that thing sometimes.

I don't like odd numbers.

And because I only have five facts lets make it six...I totally adore ranch dressing. It's my guilty pleasure.
http://wildheart90.blogspot.com/
A mother. A writer. A dreamer.

Mira

Post by Mira » June 25th, 2010, 10:35 am

Oh yay! People are playing! I was worried I'd be the only one. :p

Aspiring X - I forgot! I had the same fear. I really did. I was scared a shark would jump out of the toilet. Thank you so much for having the same fear. :)

Okay, another random fact about me:

My check engine light was on for the last a week and a half, and I didn't do anything about it. Today it went off. I'm going to assume that means everything is fine.

Holly

Post by Holly » June 25th, 2010, 10:41 am

Mira wrote:
My check engine light was on for the last a week and a half, and I didn't do anything about it. Today it went off. I'm going to assume that means everything is fine.

No, no, no, no, no, don't ignore it. I destroyed a perfectly good Honda that way -- I will spare you the story, but the engine suddenly blew up. Make an appointment today. We don't want to find out you are posting on the forums while you wait for the tow truck.

Margo

Post by Margo » June 25th, 2010, 11:15 am

Mira wrote: My check engine light was on for the last a week and a half, and I didn't do anything about it. Today it went off. I'm going to assume that means everything is fine.
Holly's right, have it checked. I'm betting it was a loose gas cap. The computer in your car will have logged what exactly the error was. I just learned this (so I'm inflicting it upon you): when the computer system in the car finds something wrong, it logs it once and does nothing. The second time it logs the same problem, it turns the "check engine" light on. If it checks the system and gets no error twice, consecutively, it turns the light back off.

And on another note, I seem to have had ALL the fears the rest of you have had: Jaws, bottom-biters, underbed creepies, tendon-slicing. My gosh, I was a basket case as a child. I also ran from vacuum cleaners and flushing toilets (hurt my ears).
Urban fantasy, epic fantasy, and hot Norse elves. http://margolerwill.blogspot.com/

Mira

Post by Mira » June 25th, 2010, 2:11 pm

Wow, thanks Holly and Margo. I certainly don't want to blow my car up! I guess I was just hoping it had spontaneously fixed itself. :P

Okay - New random fact about me: I will get my car looked at because it's probably a very good idea to do that once your 'check engine light' goes on. :)

Holly

Post by Holly » June 25th, 2010, 2:56 pm

Mira wrote:Wow, thanks Holly and Margo. I certainly don't want to blow my car up! I guess I was just hoping it had spontaneously fixed itself. :P

Okay - New random fact about me: I will get my car looked at because it's probably a very good idea to do that once your 'check engine light' goes on. :)
Good, we're proud of you!

Another random fact: my favorite food is watermelon, followed by Turkish or Green Mountain Country Vermont coffee.