Which celeb/s have you met?

Because that novel isn't going to delay itself
katya152

Re: Which celeb/s have you met?

Post by katya152 » April 20th, 2010, 1:09 am

Gosh, not too many. I know Kalyn Hemphill, the model winner from last season's Project Runway. We went to the same high school, church, etc. I know a few other models from my hometown. (They put something in the water down on the Texas Gulf Coast I guess.) Corresponded with Alicia Erian (author of Towelhead, Brutal Language of Love) on Facebook. She was completely awesome.

gonzo2802

Post by gonzo2802 » April 20th, 2010, 10:01 am

Kia wrote:> Gonzo

JORDAN KNIGHT!!!!!!!!!!!! NOT FAIR. He was my first love. The closest I've ever been to him was in concert last year (http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=8 ... 2c74af2542 :) Yes, I know I should be embarrassed but I'm not).
I've met him before without it ... but last year when the New Kids were on tour, I coughed up my hard earned money to buy the VIP package. Third row seats and meeting the guys before the show. My inner teeny-bopper can die happy now, she's been fulfilled. (Wish I knew how to post pictures here)

Emily White

Post by Emily White » April 22nd, 2010, 6:39 am

I have one kind of interesting story. A few years ago, I was volunteering as a role player during Robin Sage (Special Forces guerrilla warfare training) and our camp in North Carolina was right next to the race track. So, Michael Andretti and two other racers came by to hang out with us for an hour or two. My code name during the training was Frisky and I introduced myself as such (hey, two weeks of being known as nothing but that and it becomes habit). We all had a good laugh over it.

We were lucky because we happened to have had an opportunity to wash that day. When I say this was a camp, I mean rustic. We had to walk two miles up a little hill to a tap that stuck out of the ground (in the middle of February). We killed our own food (the guys in charge set a few chickens and a pig loose that we had to catch) and cooked it over a camp fire. Our three guests seemed very impressed.
Find out about ELEMENTAL, my YA Space Opera (available June 21, 2011) on my blog and ELEMENTAL's facebook fan page