Best TV show of all time?

Because that novel isn't going to delay itself
Margo

Re: Best TV show of all time?

Post by Margo » April 23rd, 2010, 12:49 am

Oh, good, I'm not the only one to immediately think Firefly and Babylon 5 (especially when watched on DVD in a short period of time). The first series of True Blood also kept me up way too late on work nights.

I couldn't get into Battlestar Galactica because I was too busy with grad school right when it came out, but I caught enough of it to feel compelled to buy the whole series. I'm planning a Battlestar Galactica marathon in the relatively near future and expect to add the show to my favorites list shortly therafter.

So far, I still have to give Bab 5 the Best Ever title. I loved the fact that a larger story was always in motion in the background, tying all the episodes together. The characters developed in amazing ways.
Urban fantasy, epic fantasy, and hot Norse elves. http://margolerwill.blogspot.com/

rainbowsheeps

Post by rainbowsheeps » April 25th, 2010, 1:03 am

I'm throwing another vote in for The Wire.

I also love:
The Daily Show with Jon Stewart
House, M.D.
The Office
Dexter

Sommer Leigh

Post by Sommer Leigh » April 26th, 2010, 9:28 am

I don't watch a lot of TV anymore, so most of my favorites have been off the air for a while.

Of all time? Probably Buffy the Vampire Slayer. I was a hardcore fan when it first came out, and even after it ended I still go back to my favorite episodes when I need inspiration or when I'm sick or when I am feeling down or when I'm cleaning the house.

After that, in no particular order:
Firefly
The West Wing
LOST
Veronica Mars
Battlestar Gallactica
Glee
May the word counts be ever in your favor. http://www.sommerleigh.com
Be nice, or I get out the Tesla cannon.