March Madness!!!

Because that novel isn't going to delay itself
Matthew MacNish

Re: March Madness!!!

Post by Matthew MacNish » March 24th, 2010, 7:15 am

Am I surprised Kansas lost? No.

Am I surprised they lost to Northern Iowa? A little.

Bryan Russell/Ink

Post by Bryan Russell/Ink » March 24th, 2010, 9:32 am

Colonel Travis,

If you buy that, I have some nice swampland in Jersey you might be interested in...

:)
The Alchemy of Writing at www.alchemyofwriting.blogspot.com

Colonel Travis

Post by Colonel Travis » March 24th, 2010, 5:31 pm

Ha - Ink, my sporting credit report was ruined long ago after buying a TON of swamps and bridges. Now I only pay in cash and I can't afford anything except cold, hard reality.

Matthew MacNish

Post by Matthew MacNish » March 24th, 2010, 6:08 pm

Has anyone heard about the autistic teen boy whose bracket is perfect so far? Here is one story but if you google it you'll see there are several:

http://backporch.fanhouse.com/2010/03/2 ... d=si_ncaab

If I was querying Mr. Bransford with this as the premise for my YA novel I would write the subject line as:

QUERY - What if an autistic TEEN could predict the outcome of college hoops games with NASTY accuracy? Do you think the Mob would come after him HARD or put him GENTLY on the payroll? Come after him or put him on the payroll?

(Rhetorical questions are to force Nathan to have to think. Capitalized words are to make certain the email is not caught by a SPAM filter. Repetition is for emphasis and poetic rhythm.)

Nathan Bransford

Post by Nathan Bransford » March 24th, 2010, 8:21 pm

Matthew Rush wrote:Has anyone heard about the autistic teen boy whose bracket is perfect so far? Here is one story but if you google it you'll see there are several:

http://backporch.fanhouse.com/2010/03/2 ... d=si_ncaab

If I was querying Mr. Bransford with this as the premise for my YA novel I would write the subject line as:

QUERY - What if an autistic TEEN could predict the outcome of college hoops games with NASTY accuracy? Do you think the Mob would come after him HARD or put him GENTLY on the payroll? Come after him or put him on the payroll?

(Rhetorical questions are to force Nathan to have to think. Capitalized words are to make certain the email is not caught by a SPAM filter. Repetition is for emphasis and poetic rhythm.)
Haha... that's a winning query right there!

Nick

Post by Nick » March 24th, 2010, 9:06 pm

Did pretty good round one, barely okay second round, and don't see myself gaining a lot this time. But considering I know very little about basketball and never really followed it (beyond a brief obsession with Michael Jordan early in elementary school), I'd say I haven't done too horribly, speaking in terms of pointage. 340 between the first two rounds, which, I know, ain't great, but honestly I thought it would be looking more like 40 by this point in time.

veela-valoom

Post by veela-valoom » March 25th, 2010, 9:17 am

I hate to rain on the "amazing austistic kid parade" but I heard wherever he filled out brackets you could change during the tournament, unlike ESPN where they lock the brackets. That may not be true but I read that on another sports website.

Tonight Kentucky plays Cornell. If it weren't at 10PM at night (on a work night) I would be really excited. I plan to watch but I'm dreading tommorrow morning. Will kill me it will.

A tweet from UK player Perry Stevenson made my day this morning though.
PSteve2122 Took the Gatorade cooler from the managers, they're looking for it all over the hotel haha
At least he still knows how to have fun the night before a big game!

aspiring_x

Post by aspiring_x » March 26th, 2010, 12:20 am

come on k-state! i can't believe it's double OT!!!

Matthew MacNish

Post by Matthew MacNish » March 26th, 2010, 7:21 am

aspiring_x wrote:come on k-state! i can't believe it's double OT!!!
I couldn't stay up because my shift at work starts at 6AM, but I heard it was crazy!

At least the guy in first place in Nathan's pool has Purdue beating Duke. Hopefully that won't happen.

charlotte49ers

Post by charlotte49ers » March 26th, 2010, 8:33 am

Well, I picked the Butler win and saw myself back on the front page for about two seconds. It didn't last long, but it was so nice while it did. ;-)

veela-valoom

Post by veela-valoom » March 26th, 2010, 12:04 pm

Did anyone see Foote wrestle DeMarcus Cousins to the ground during the Kentucky vs. Cornell name. He held him them threw him down and they did not call it intentional.

http://www.fotoglif.com/f/tszpkf66oyb5

Tell me he's even remotely making a play for the ball???? It looked even worse in video but I can't find one.

I only have 1 final four team left standing and somehow I'm tied for 19th. This year is madness.

Erica75

Post by Erica75 » March 26th, 2010, 6:49 pm

From 4th place to 48th in one night? Really? Good bye first page. . . It was lovely while it lasted. . .
we blog - erica and christy - http://lynneawest.blogspot.com/

Nathan Bransford

Post by Nathan Bransford » March 26th, 2010, 9:25 pm

Watch out, people!! I'm tied for 4th!!

(bracing for self-jinx)

veela-valoom

Post by veela-valoom » March 26th, 2010, 10:08 pm

Just dropped to 13th from sixth after rising from 19th with Tennessee's win. I don't even know why because I don't think anyone I still had was playing (that I know of).

But Tennessee has done well by me. How's that for choosing your enemies?

Matthew MacNish

Post by Matthew MacNish » March 26th, 2010, 10:12 pm

Nathan if you win I'll buy you a Laker's jersey and a petri dish full of mosquito larvae.