March Madness!!!

Because that novel isn't going to delay itself
Sarah Enni

Re: March Madness!!!

Post by Sarah Enni » March 17th, 2010, 1:58 pm

I am so in love with the upsets. So many analysts this year are picking all the 1 and 2 schools to meet each other to determine the final 4 ! Wake up, that has NEVER happened before and frankly, if it did, we'd all be bored to tears. Here's hoping my super-duper underdog Washington Huskies can upset Marquette.

Did anyone see Obama's bracket? http://a.espncdn.com/media/pdf/100317/obama_bracket.pdf
Trying to align all these health care votes must be making him feel conservative.

Meg62442

Post by Meg62442 » March 17th, 2010, 4:09 pm

I'm not much on the trash talk, but I will say that I totally rocked the office football pool last year. Drove the experts in the group crazy since I know very little about the teams. I know even less about basketball. I may crash and burn early on, but it'll be fun! It definitely makes the games interesting to watch.

I picked Purdue to go all the way. Go (insert name of Purdue's mascot here)!!!!!!!!!

veela-valoom

Post by veela-valoom » March 17th, 2010, 4:19 pm

I didn't put many upsets because frankly I know how good some of these number 1 seeds are. However, Duke is overrated and got an easy bracket. Thus I feel like basketball karma steps in. I also have Tennessee going further than most probably will. If they can beat Kansas & Kentucky, and Kansas with 4 people out because of criminal activity...then they can beat anyone on a good day (and I say this fully hating Tennessee. Goins elbowed my favorite player in the GROIN, not cool).

I find that its hard to pick with these little schools that never show on my TV. I should go make an NIT bracket somewhere & be even more confused.

Nathan Bransford

Post by Nathan Bransford » March 18th, 2010, 12:24 am

veela-

I'm pretty fascinated by Kentucky as well, and I think it's going to be interesting if they end up going head-to-head against Kansas, who has been the best all-around team but I think Kentucky actually has the best overall talent. The question is whether Kentucky's freshman can put together the wins without experience. Should be interesting!

I also think Tennessee can be dangerous because you never know when Hopson, Prince, and Chism are going to be hot. When they're firing on all cylinders they're tough to beat. But I've been burned by talented Tennessee teams these past couple of years and I'm always wary of them. Scrappy is good for the regular season but not so much for the tournament.

veela-valoom

Post by veela-valoom » March 18th, 2010, 9:00 am

I think a Kentucky vs Kansas match up would be a really awesome basketball game. I love watching good solid basketball and it would be experience vs. talent. Tho I hope the freshman can keep it together, sometimes they can and sometimes they don't. If your curious as to where it potentially falls apart watch Eric Bledsoe. If Kentucky wins it'll be one of the best basketball comeback stories (for a program) ever. If we lose, well honestly that might make the most logical sense.

Tennessee is a bit of a wild card. I've seen them beat us, but then next time we played them we beat them by 29 points. They are a gritty tough team, capable of playing really good defence and they seem to have pretty good chemistry. I think their hardships this season made them stronger. I think the unpredictablity of UT is kind of why I'd like to see them go a few rounds, because with UT you never know what your gonna get from game to game. Last year the tournament was a little predictable for my liking.

I'm also curious to see what Louisville (another hated team) does becuase they've had an up & down season but they beat Syracuse, twice.

It's kind of odd that teams I hate so much are teams I think my surprise us. I would have liked to see Mississippi State make it. They would have surprised quite a few people. Varnado is the real deal.

Outside of the SEC I'm admittedly pretty uneducated. I know the basics (Kansas, Duke, Syracuse, Villanova) but the other teams...well I'll be learning as we go.

Matthew MacNish

Post by Matthew MacNish » March 18th, 2010, 9:51 am

Sarah Enni wrote:I am so in love with the upsets. So many analysts this year are picking all the 1 and 2 schools to meet each other to determine the final 4 ! Wake up, that has NEVER happened before and frankly, if it did, we'd all be bored to tears. Here's hoping my super-duper underdog Washington Huskies can upset Marquette.

Did anyone see Obama's bracket? http://a.espncdn.com/media/pdf/100317/obama_bracket.pdf
Trying to align all these health care votes must be making him feel conservative.
I'm from Seattle originally and love the Huskies. Go dawgs! I have them upsetting Marquette in the first round but I can't see them getting past New Mexico AND West Virginia. I like Minnesota to upset Xavier too. I should say I would like because I picked it to happen on my bracket but it will be a tough one to pull off.

charlotte49ers

Post by charlotte49ers » March 18th, 2010, 2:07 pm

I'm interested to see what Notre Dame does, personally. Butler, too. I went back and forth on the Louisville/Duke match-up, but I finally decided to give it to Duke. I hope I'm not wrong or my bracket it going to tank. lol

Upsets are so much fun! I love nothing more to see an underdog win. :-)

Matthew MacNish

Post by Matthew MacNish » March 18th, 2010, 2:18 pm

Damn, NOVA better pick it up I have them winning 2 games.

charlotte49ers

Post by charlotte49ers » March 18th, 2010, 3:09 pm

Notre Dame hurt me pretty bad and I have Villanova winning two, so hopefully they can stay ahead.

This is so stressful. I love it.

abc

Post by abc » March 18th, 2010, 3:16 pm

I had Villanova winning. I thought that game was gonna kill me! I do feel sorry for Robert Morris, though. They played hard!

Colonel Travis

Post by Colonel Travis » March 18th, 2010, 3:23 pm

abc - no kidding. Those first three games almost made me reverse my lunch.

Bryan Russell/Ink

Post by Bryan Russell/Ink » March 18th, 2010, 3:40 pm

Oh, Notre Dame... where was the Fight in the Fighting Irish?
The Alchemy of Writing at www.alchemyofwriting.blogspot.com

tiftruitt

Post by tiftruitt » March 18th, 2010, 3:46 pm

woo hooo ODU! I received my MA in Lit there last spring :-) Florida hurt me a little. eeek.

Matthew MacNish

Post by Matthew MacNish » March 18th, 2010, 4:18 pm

It's a little irritating to watch my picks go down one by one, but I have to admit all this great basketball to watch makes it worth it. Three OT periods in the first three games. There were only two OT periods in the entire tournament last year. Upsets are fun see even if you didn't pick 'em.

Nathan Bransford

Post by Nathan Bransford » March 18th, 2010, 8:02 pm

What a crazy finish to the Murray St./Vandy game!!