Seeking advice on self-publish print on demand web sites

News, trends, and the future of publishing
summerleas

Seeking advice on self-publish print on demand web sites

Post by summerleas » April 30th, 2020, 8:27 pm

Good morning,

First post, so please be kind!

I have been publishing software manuals with LULU.com for twelve years. Unfortunately, their recent web site "upgrade" has trashed my account, lost half my books and lost all record of my revenue. Emailing customer support just elicits patronizing form letter responses. So I need an alternative. To summarize my needs:

- a shop window where anyone (almost) anywhere in the world can order print-on-demand copies which will be produced and despatched locally.
- publications ideally US letter size, but can live with A4, up to about 500 pages
- ability to update document content regularly (about once a month) without having to republish as a new book, new product number, different URL, etc.
- ability to link to URL from other websites
- ideally (but not a deal breaker) spiral binding option
- ability to set my own price and determine my own margin
- revenues payed via PayPal ideally monthly.

I've looked at Sweek, but unfortunately they seem not to operate in the USA which is by far my biggest market. If you can help me by sharing the benefit of your experience I'd be most grateful.

Thank you.

ayumisan

Re: Seeking advice on self-publish print on demand web sites

Post by ayumisan » June 22nd, 2023, 1:13 pm

It's important to thoroughly research each platform to determine which one best fits your specific needs, including pricing, royalties, and the level of control you desire over your content.drywall plastering fort worth tx Additionally, consider reading reviews and reaching out to their customer support for any specific questions or concerns you may have.

I hope this helps you find a suitable alternative for publishing your software manuals. Best of luck with your publishing endeavors!

brianallen

Re: Seeking advice on self-publish print on demand web sites

Post by brianallen » January 25th, 2024, 2:21 am

summerleas wrote: April 30th, 2020, 8:27 pm Good morning,

First post, so please be kind!

I have been publishing software manuals with LULU.com for twelve years. Unfortunately, their recent web site "upgrade" has trashed my account, lost half my books and lost all record of my revenue. Emailing customer support just elicits patronizing form letter responses. So I need an alternative. To summarize my needs:

- a shop window where anyone (almost) anywhere in the world can order print-on-demand copies which will be produced and despatched locally.
- publications ideally US letter size, but can live with A4, up to about 500 pages
- ability to update document content regularly (about once a month) without having to republish as a new book, new product number, different URL, etc.
- ability to link to URL from other websites
- ideally (but not a deal breaker) spiral binding option
- ability to set my own price and determine my own margin
- revenues payed via PayPal ideally monthly.

I've looked at Sweek, but unfortunately they seem not to operate in the USA which is by far my biggest market. If you can help me by sharing the benefit of your experience I'd be most grateful.

Thank you.
I completely understand how you feel when you encounter problems with LULU.com. It was truly an unpleasant experience. There are some other options like Amazon KDP Print or IngramSpark that you can consider. Good luck in your search for a suitable new publishing platform!
angel numbers