Using ISBN as a decoration

News, trends, and the future of publishing
milehr

Using ISBN as a decoration

Post by milehr » November 14th, 2018, 10:55 am

I bought ISBN for $20 from ISBN company, but have not completed the form to register it for my book. The book is ready (printed edition), and I would like to put it in a specific on-line self-publishing bookstore with this number on the copyright page and back-cover bar code, just to look professional, and later, maybe to provide the book info for this ISBN, or get my own ISBN. Eventually, I am planning to distribute the book through a larger distributer (like Ingram), but at this point, to use the above-mentioned on-line store for experiments and feedback. Are there any drawbacks or restrictions in such an approach?

awareguard

Re: Using ISBN as a decoration

Post by awareguard » May 4th, 2023, 3:27 am

For the sake of appearances (on the copyright page and the back cover bar code) and maybe in the future (to provide the book information for this ISBN or to get my own ISBN). My long-term goal is to have the book distributed by a major distributor like Ingram; but, in the meantime, I want to utilize the aforementioned online retailer as a testing ground and source of feedback. Is there a catch to this method, or are there limitations to it? drift hunters