More eBook Talk! The Nook Library Support

News, trends, and the future of publishing
dmarie84

More eBook Talk! The Nook Library Support

Post by dmarie84 » December 15th, 2009, 11:20 pm

I'm not one for eBooks--yet--especially with the Kindle's incapability to loan eBooks from the library, but this article about the Nook and local library eBook loaning is one that's answered a few questions for me:

Nook Feature Review--Library, Sony eBook Support

I do agree with the reviewer when he points out that the libraries are still fairly limited in their selections (except of course some of the bigger ones) but I'm sure that will change over time when more and more people begin to be avid ebook readers.

I think the reviewer is incorrect on a few terms, as pointed out by a commenter, but it clarifies things for me and thought it may do the same for many here too.
The pleasantest of all diversions is to sit alone under the lamp, a book spread out before you, and to make friends with people of a distant past you have never known.--Yoshida Kenko, Essays in Idleness

My blog: Tales from the Writing Front

Nathan Bransford

Re: More eBook Talk! The Nook Library Support

Post by Nathan Bransford » December 16th, 2009, 2:20 am

The idea that e-readers aren't library compatible has to be the biggest myth going about e-books. Thanks for sharing the article!

RebeccaKnight

Re: More eBook Talk! The Nook Library Support

Post by RebeccaKnight » December 22nd, 2009, 5:21 pm

This is awesome! :) Being able to check e-books out would make me much, much more likely to get an e-reader.

Funny how that works, isn't it? Great article!
"The chief cause of failure and unhappiness is trading what you want the most for what you want now."

http://rebeccaknightbooks.blogspot.com
@twoheadknight on Twitter