Rhemalda Publishing??

News, trends, and the future of publishing
Dakota388

Rhemalda Publishing??

Post by Dakota388 » March 31st, 2010, 10:41 am

Anyone know anything about this publishing company? My friend has received an offer from them and I couldn't find much about them. They are pretty new, I believe.
"The Light of Epertase"-A fantasy novel coming August 1st from Rhemalda Publishing

Mira

Re: Rhemalda Publishing??

Post by Mira » March 31st, 2010, 3:59 pm

I looked over at predators and editors, and they're not listed, so they must be very new.

Here is the link at that website, though, for things to watch out for. You might share it with your friend, if you think it's relevant:

http://pred-ed.com/pubwarn.htm

It's good to be careful - that's nice of you to help your friend out.

Dakota388

Post by Dakota388 » August 10th, 2010, 10:37 am

Earlier this year I posted the above question concerning a friend of mine and Rhemalda Publishing. I wanted to update this thread.

The company is indeed very new but my friend has had nothing but good things to say about her dealings with them. As I followed her progress while preparing for her Nov. 1 release of her fantasy novel, I became more and more intrigued as well as impressed by what she was telling me. Since my agent search was not going well, in late June,I decided to submit with them and give them a try. Like everyone who writes, I felt my manuscript was better than the interest I was receiving. I felt encouraged (or maybe glass-half-full) that it wasn't my writing that was getting rejections but that I seemed unable to get past the querying process for the work to even be seen. I had constantly reworked my query letter (with plenty of help from this wonderful site) yet never received even a partial request. I'm not complaining (I'm the first to admit that it was likely as much to do with my letter not being of high enough quality as it did with all of the excuses I could make- You know, fantasy doesn't sell right now, I have no major forum to promote my work, no credentials, ect.) I am not bitter at the process in the least.

So all of this to say that I decided to submit to a newer publisher and take a chance. After reading my manuscript, they offered me a contract and after, what I considered due diligence, I signed it. And you know what? I am so excited. I don't have any illusions about being a New York Times best seller off of this first contract but, hey, it is a start and I plan to give Rhemalda all the effort I have. I'm not suggesting that people race to the nearest start-up publisher and sign away their writing career, just the opposite. I am simply letting you know that there are other options when the elite (like Nathan) just isn't working out.

Nathan, if you read this, I'd love your take. Thanks everyone.
"The Light of Epertase"-A fantasy novel coming August 1st from Rhemalda Publishing

elfspirit

Post by elfspirit » August 11th, 2010, 8:25 pm

Congratulations! I had a fantasy novel accepted by a small press in January of this year, and I understand your excitement.

I visited the Rhemalda site, and it looked very professional to me. Overall, I was impressed, and I wish both them and you well. All success to your friend, as well.