just finished my first book. what now?

News, trends, and the future of publishing
rookieauthor

just finished my first book. what now?

Post by rookieauthor » November 11th, 2016, 9:27 pm

the subject says it all. I just finished writing my first book. It's a Christian fiction novel. I never finished a book before and I don't have a clue on what to do next. After doing some online research I learned about Publishers and Agents. But I don't know what agents are and what they're relationships with publishers are.

I do not want to self publish. My book hasn't even been edited because I don't know anything about editors.

I really don't know where to go from here so I thought it might be a good idea to find a forum about publishing and put this up here as I continue my internet research on what to do next.

Any information/advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks. :)

rookieauthor

Re: just finished my first book. what now?

Post by rookieauthor » November 11th, 2016, 9:30 pm

Also, I'm not sure if I should be calling my story a novel, a novelette or a short story due to the fact that it is 44,912 words and through my online research I heard that a typical novel size is 80,000+ words. I really wasn't focused on the size of my book as I was simply focused on just telling the story and let the chips fall where they may. Any info on this issue as well would be helpful. I would hate to be calling my book something that it is not, lol.

sixfigurebookgrowth

Post by sixfigurebookgrowth » September 12th, 2017, 8:28 pm

Are you still active on this forum Rookie? Where are you in your publishing journey now.

Sohampratap

Post by Sohampratap » October 13th, 2017, 1:40 am

It's just how you wanna promote your ebook. If you have successfully written your book then you might want to properly design you book. Also, other most important things that you want to do it you wanna also make an Ebook Copy of the book by this you may generate for sales.
It's really hard for one to do this so what I do is go through some publishing companies like http://print2eforms.com/ and they do all the works.

Then after I go with few websites like Amazon where I can make sure my books are sold.