Reading Rate?

Recommendations, discussions, and odes to your favorites
hannah_dreamergirl_3

Re: Reading Rate?

Post by hannah_dreamergirl_3 » February 16th, 2010, 5:27 pm

I read a book a week atleast for pleasure - about five/six chapters before bed and whatever i can fit in during the day, pluss I read books for studying, so about seven books a month when at College and then during the hols probs about ten books a week in the summer when I have plenty of time :) Wish I could write that quick!
Check out my new blog at, http://hannahbullimore.wordpress.com

'Good writing is to evoke sensation in the reader, not the fact that it is raining, but the feeling of being rained upon'

ELDoctorow

dementedtinkerbell

Re: Reading Rate?

Post by dementedtinkerbell » February 17th, 2010, 7:09 am

It depends what mood I'm in and whether the book(s) grab me and drag me along. For example, it took me a week and a half to read The Left Hand of God by Paul Hoffman because I kept getting confused and tangled up on different plot points which for me is unusual (I'm still trying to figure out what kind of book it is!) whereas on a Tuesday I'd read Richelle Mead's Succbus Blues, Wednesday I went and bought the rest of the set and I'd finshed them all by Friday simply because the story reached out, grabbed me by the throat and wouldn't let me go until I found out what had happened.

It also depends on how my kids are behaving as well. If they're being brilliant (usually because they want something), then I can happily get through two books a day but if they're trying to murder each other and/or destroy the house, then it can take me a few days to finish a book no matter how gripping it is.
Me to my girl: You're grounded until you're dead
Her: You mean 'til you're dead right?
Me: No, I'll enforce it from beyond the grave
Her: *gulp*