Peeta Vs. Gale

Recommendations, discussions, and odes to your favorites
charlotte49ers

Re: Peeta Vs. Gale

Post by charlotte49ers » May 29th, 2010, 11:18 pm

How funny! I just read both HG and CF this past week and restarted HG tonight.

I'm torn because there is absolutely nothing wrong with either one of them. Ugh! Talk about heart break!

I wish I knew more about Gale, but I think Peeta and Katniss's life experiences will bring them together, but she has such a pinning for Gale. Blah! It's times like these I wish polygamy was socially acceptable. lol But in a matriarchal society. :-P

I also think the way she tends to respond to Peeta show she does have real feelings for him behind the 'have-to's. If that makes sense.

I'm just glad I don't have to decide.

Can't.wait.until.August.

lexcade

Post by lexcade » May 31st, 2010, 1:17 am

i'm more team gale b/c, though peeta and kat have a strong bond through the first two books, their entire bond is through harsh survival. kat can talk to gale, feels comfortable with him, safe. and if it had been her and gale together in the games, he would have done the same for her, if not more. when kat looks at peeta, i just wonder if she sees the blood and the death of the Games or if she can just focus on how they worked together as a team and lived.
"Art imitates nature as well as it can, as a pupil follows his master; thus it is sort of a grandchild of God." ~~Dante

Mel

Post by Mel » June 1st, 2010, 2:37 pm

I think this post is totally hilarious. I agree I can't wait for Mockingjay--August seems so far away...

I am Team Peeta. There are moments in both books where she lets go and lets herself feel something, but they get interrupted by impending death and never get fully resolved. This never happens with Gale.

But then again, we haven't seen enough of Gale and my opinion could totally change. But I think that spending more time with Gale, Katniss will realize how much Peeta means to her.

wildheart

Post by wildheart » June 4th, 2010, 11:37 pm

I went on a book- buying spree a couple days ago...Hunger Games was one of the books I got. Can somene tell me about the writing? If it is anything like Stephenie Meyer's I'll scream. Love the lady, hate the writing.
http://wildheart90.blogspot.com/
A mother. A writer. A dreamer.

wildheart

Post by wildheart » June 4th, 2010, 11:38 pm

Oh, and did the plot meet up to your expectations? Or were you disapointed? It sure sounds interesting!

Ishta

Post by Ishta » June 6th, 2010, 9:55 pm

Wildheart: just read it. :-)

sooper

Post by sooper » June 13th, 2010, 2:29 pm

Just finished book two. took me three days and that's short for me. Peeta all the way! Yes, we know Katniss has loved Gale from the start but I just think the author has invsted too much time into Peeta, and has the whole readership loving him, to have Katniss just dump him in the end. Unless he dies to sacrifice himself or something. That would suck. Katniss's romantic scenes with Peeta are just so organic, and that's something that hasn't been shown with Gale yet at all.

wildheart

Post by wildheart » June 25th, 2010, 9:41 am

OMG. This book has changed my life! Why oh why did I not buy both books at the same time?! I'm hating myself for that let me tell you.

Reading through Hunger Games one thing was completely clear to me: We don't see much of Gale. Sure, she talks about him enough...but that just wasn't enough for me. I need to see real interaction to be able to be invested in the character. And honestly? Just because she has known him forever doesn't mean she loves him in that way. And if she does...well then of course he should have her. But right now Peeta has my vote.

Peeta makes me laugh so much through the book. Even though we don't see through his eyes I feel his pain and happiness, I see his despair. I connect with him. As a reader I became to care about him. I don't feel anything for Gale, because I don't feel like I know him. So if he is the better match for Kat I have no way of knowing that.

Granted, I might change my mind when I read the next book, and again when I read Mockingjay. But somehow I doubt that. I think Peeta stole my heart.

Robin

Post by Robin » July 16th, 2010, 9:28 pm

SWOON!!! Thank you for recommending HG! I am loving these books. Cannot wait until Mockingjay hits.

Team Peeta all the way. I read them both 3 times already trying to pick up who she might end up with. I think she loves Peeta, and its starting to hit her. I bet Gale will end up dieing to save Peeta and they will end up together.
Robin
"A glass slipper is only a shoe. Dreamers who only dream never have their dreams come true."

http://www.RobynLucas.com/

Down the well

Post by Down the well » July 17th, 2010, 2:23 pm

Eagerly awaiting Mockingjay.

I have no idea who Katniss will pick, but her indecision kind of drives me crazy. I know it has to be stretched out for the trilogy, but come on. I like Gale myself, though I agree with others that she will probably end up with Peeta. He's nice, but kind of a boring match for Katniss, IMO.

CharleeVale

Post by CharleeVale » July 18th, 2010, 10:17 am

People are going to hate me for this -- here goes.

I'm of the opinion that Peeta is going to die in attempt to save Kat's life. She'll be heartbroken, but at the same time she'll have Gale.

Only waiting till august will tell. The anticipation is killing me!

CV

Down the well

Post by Down the well » July 18th, 2010, 12:18 pm

Hmm, Robin thinks Gale is going to die, and CharleeVale thinks it's going to be Peeta. I hadn't considered that one of them might get killed in the last book. That would be a heartbreaker.

I think once Mockingjay comes out I'm going to have to avoid this thread until I'm finished reading. I don't want any spoilers.

No, no, not Gale. *weeps softly*

CharleeVale

Post by CharleeVale » July 18th, 2010, 5:33 pm

Down the well wrote:I don't want any spoilers.
Tell me about it!
No, no, not Gale. *weeps softly*
Totally. Agreed.

CV

Robin

Post by Robin » July 18th, 2010, 8:03 pm

We should do a Mockingjay party or something August 26 (2 days after it comes out). I know I am going to want to talk to someone about it
Robin
"A glass slipper is only a shoe. Dreamers who only dream never have their dreams come true."

http://www.RobynLucas.com/

maybegenius

Post by maybegenius » July 18th, 2010, 8:41 pm

I'd likely come to a Mockingjay party :D
aka S.E. Sinkhorn, or Steph

My Blog | My Twitter | YA!Flash Tumblr

Represented by Michelle Andelman of Regal Literary