Trying to remember an old series

Recommendations, discussions, and odes to your favorites
TedtheThird

Trying to remember an old series

Post by TedtheThird » July 19th, 2011, 9:06 pm

I need help. During the late 80s, early 90s I read a series of books that I can only describe as Men's Adventure. They were set in a post apocalyptic USA. The main character gathered a band of heroes and they established a new country somewhere out west. The main character's trademark gun was a Tommy Gun, and one of the supporting characters patterned himself on Wild Bill Hiccock. I've tried Google to no avail. If anyone remembers the series and can help me remember the title or main character, I'd be grateful.
Blog: http://tedthethird.blogspot.com/
Twitter: @TedtheThird

Cookie

Re: Trying to remember an old series

Post by Cookie » July 20th, 2011, 12:44 pm

Aside from the series part, this sounds a lot like The Stand. I can't think of it either, but I will happy to do some research for you.

Nathan Bransford

Re: Trying to remember an old series

Post by Nathan Bransford » August 7th, 2011, 11:50 am

TedtheThird wrote:I need help. During the late 80s, early 90s I read a series of books that I can only describe as Men's Adventure. They were set in a post apocalyptic USA. The main character gathered a band of heroes and they established a new country somewhere out west. The main character's trademark gun was a Tommy Gun, and one of the supporting characters patterned himself on Wild Bill Hiccock. I've tried Google to no avail. If anyone remembers the series and can help me remember the title or main character, I'd be grateful.
The Postman?