Hunger Games Movie

Recommendations, discussions, and odes to your favorites
charlotte49ers

Re: Hunger Games Movie

Post by charlotte49ers » April 6th, 2011, 10:59 am

Sleeping Beauty wrote:So Josh Hutcherson is Peeta and Liam Hemsworth is Gale.

Hmmmmm.
Not.happy.

Hunter Parrish was pppeerrrffeeccccttt for Peeta. I can handle Gale (even though he's nothing what I imagined), but Peeta? He is a good actor, I guess...

trixie

Post by trixie » April 7th, 2011, 3:42 pm

Maybe I have it wrong, but isn't Peeta supposed to be blonde? And maybe have a few extra pounds? Wow, this Josh guy is not at ALL what I pictured Peeta to look like.

And Jennifer L for Katniss? Meh. I know I'll see it anyway. I just hope they don't take too much "creative license."

maybegenius

Post by maybegenius » April 8th, 2011, 11:17 pm

I think Jennifer Lawrence will make a great Katniss, actually. She played a similarly gritty role in Winter's Bone and did a wonderful job.

I imagine they'll probably be doing makeovers on the actors to make them "look" their part.
aka S.E. Sinkhorn, or Steph

My Blog | My Twitter | YA!Flash Tumblr

Represented by Michelle Andelman of Regal Literary

Sommer Leigh

Post by Sommer Leigh » April 9th, 2011, 11:04 pm

I'm ok with Josh as Peeta, actually. I think he'll do a very good job.

I HATE the choice they made for Gale though. The actor looks so much older than the others! I don't know if he IS older, but he LOOKS older.
May the word counts be ever in your favor. http://www.sommerleigh.com
Be nice, or I get out the Tesla cannon.

CharleeVale

Post by CharleeVale » April 10th, 2011, 5:34 pm

I'm actually very happy with the casting. I think that they'll do a wonderful job. Now if only they stay true to the book. :)

CV

aspiring_x

Post by aspiring_x » April 16th, 2011, 12:23 am

ohmygoodness! i din't know this threrad was here!!! eeeks!
ok! at first i was so ticked because i imagined kaya scodelario's face when i read the books, and i kinda hoped she'd get the role, but i was worried about the accent.
then, i'd never seen lawrence in anything.
so, i rented WINTER'S BONE. and lawrence is PERFECT! they can dye hair, but they can't make a terrible actress good. but lawrence was great in winter's bone. the grittiness, the toughness, the withdrawn personality, the heart, the passion, the accent, the downtoearth survivalist... i think she's going to do so well!
the same with hutcherson- his role in bridge to terabithia shows he has the chops for a peeta personality. again, hair can always be dyed. he has a wider bone structure- shorter, squatter like i imagined peeta, but even peeta wasn't overfed.
i guess, to me, it's more important that an actor/actress can embody the personality of the character than the physical description of a character. and i never knew katniss was supposed to be biracial? i thought she had dark hair and grey eyes and her sister was a blonde? maybe i missed something there... anyway, the one that will piss me off if they whitewash is rue, she's very clearly dark-skinned in the novel. but... now i'm curious about katniss being biracial... i must have missed something.

Mira

Post by Mira » April 16th, 2011, 1:30 am

This movie makes me very nervous.

I just really, really, really hope they don't glorify the idea of a bunch of kids getting together to try to kill other kids as a big, heroic adventure.

This made me nervous when I started the first book, especially, but I think Suzanne Collins was very aware of this possiblity and kept things pretty dismal at times to combat it. I could be wrong, but that was my intuition.

But I am really scared Hollywood will be irresponsible.

authorgirl1485

Post by authorgirl1485 » April 16th, 2011, 6:26 pm

Really!? YES! I didn't know that. I am so excited. I absolutely loved those books.
Failure teaches success.

stephsco

Post by stephsco » April 19th, 2011, 5:50 pm

I just saw that Elizabeth Banks is "in talks" for the Effie role. I can't believe Hollywood is going so crazy for all the casting news. Maybe they are building it up to replace The Movies Who Cannot Be Topped (and that other series about vampires). I am trying to keep expectations low. As another poster said, I hope the disparity of war is not lost or that violence is glorified. I'm really hoping for a Children of Men vibe. Then again, I said I'd keep my expectations low...

CharleeVale

Post by CharleeVale » April 20th, 2011, 3:09 pm

New Casting News:

Willow Shields as Primrose Everdeen

Leven Rambin as Glimmer

Jack Quaid as marvel (Pictured with Leven Rambin)

Dayo Okeniyi and Amandla Stenberg as Thresh and Rue

CV